Fao - The Biased, So Called "elite" On Excal

Belomar

Part of the furniture
rvn said:
not really, doing stuff with ppl who arent afk, and who you can trust...
The implication was that you are either a "random" who is constantly AFK and don't know what you're doing, or you are a l33t person in one of the uber RvR guilds. My point is that this is the way the latter kind of people seems to view things, while I would claim that this is a very simplistic view.

Marc

FH is my second home
Gordonax said:
It's not a question of taking the piss out of people like Rvn for wanting to be good at computer games. It's a question of people like Rvn (not him personally) taking the piss out of people who have other priorities. Witness, for example, the constant stream of "noobs", "AFK'ers", "zergers" etc etc etc that people who "just want to be good at DAoC" come out with.

I have no problem with anyone wanting to be good at anything. But that doesn't give them the right to take the piss out of those who choose to play at a more leisurely pace. It's like David Beckham turning up at a local park and calling people wankers for not being able to do a pinpoint 40 yard pass.

Spot on post.

vintervargen

Banned
Gordonax said:
I have no problem with anyone wanting to be good at anything. But that doesn't give them the right to take the piss out of those who choose to play at a more leisurely pace. It's like David Beckham turning up at a local park and calling people wankers for not being able to do a pinpoint 40 yard pass.

what about non-elitists behaving like idiots? what's their excuse?

vintervargen

Banned
if you see zoysters group as one consisting of casual players and total noobs so be it, i dont. :)

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen said:
what about non-elitists behaving like idiots? what's their excuse?

Brain-rot from playing enough to have activated 45 artifacts? :)

vintervargen

Banned
my point is basically this;

there are low rr persons behaving like idiots, and there are high rrs. how can you be sure the high rr retards have become retards because of their RPs, and not from birth?

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen said:
just answer, i have a point coming..

Define "behaving like idiots".

Or just make your point.

(Which I noticed you did just before I posted this :) )

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen said:
my point is basically this;

there are low rr persons behaving like idiots, and there are high rrs. how can you be sure the high rr retards have become retards because of their RPs, and not from birth?

Oh, I'd agree with you there. I've talked to high-RR peeps who have been anything but idiots, and who don't somehow feel the need to slag off everyone who's not as skilled/experienced as they are in order to massage their own egos.

And I've met a few low RR folk who thought they knew it all, and were willing to tell everyone else ALL about it.

Tairirion

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry I have to go out soon so I didn't read all the 15 pages ( actually wouldn't have anyway but hey... It's a good excuse. )

In my opinion there is skill in RvR. But that so loved "skill" is pathenic in my opionion. Because skill is just an indicator of the time you spent with something. Ok usually it involves a bit of talent ( hm is this the word in English aswell ) but in DAoC it surely does not. It only takes a high RR, knowing your enemy to decide fast on targets and get used to certain situations ( and of course uber equipment ). Everybody can archieve that if he would be stupid enough to spend that much time in a computer game. Unlike Ut2k4 or similar stuff you don't even need a perfect hand-eye coordination in DAoC. I mean it's not hard to select the char in front of you.

Before you flame me now. I was one of em untill a while ago ;) ( no the bard is not my only char hehe )

To the point that high RR players behave worse like low RR player or the other way around. Get out a bit more because you surely been playing DAoC a bit too much lol... That's like you say everyone who wears a tie is a moron because he has style ( yeye it was an example. All who hate tie dont have to tell me what they like to wear in their spare time :D )

Just my two cents. And I am drunken and felt like writing so forgive me :p

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Tairirion said:
Before you flame me now. I was one of em untill a while ago ;) ( no the bard is not my only char hehe )
Ooook. So you're saying you're one of the l33t guys, really really?

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Aloca said:
If they roll a stealther they are fotm's otherwise they can aswell choose to do fg v fg fighting.

Mid as realm tho have always been overpowerd, most people rerolled mid just to be better.

Most? - I'd say some possible, but certainly not most - and definately not all. Just like there are some people join Hibernia because they think Hibernia classes are "overpowered" or join Albion because they seem to win on large scale combat. This dose not make it the norm however, and beliving so only prooves the mindset of people stating such obvious generalization and bias.

Because (you) some belive Midgard is overpowered dosen't mean you can make some obscure generalizing statement that people joining the realm does so because they want to "be leet" or "owerpowered".
There are many other reasons for why people join and/or roll different realms.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Xandax said:
Most? - I'd say some possible, but certainly not most - and definately not all. Just like there are some people join Hibernia because they think Hibernia classes are "overpowered" or join Albion because they seem to win on large scale combat. This dose not make it the norm however, and beliving so only prooves the mindset of people stating such obvious generalization and bias.

Because (you) some belive Midgard is overpowered dosen't mean you can make some obscure generalizing statement that people joining the realm does so because they want to "be leet" or "owerpowered".
There are many other reasons for why people join and/or roll different realms.

Im quite sure MOST of those that rerolled to mid, specialy if done on same server did it just becouse they want to be better.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:
This is what we're talking about--people acting like idiots due to their number of RPs and thus their self-perceived "leetness". Thank you, Anyu, for proving the point of this whole thread.

Not about the rps in emain but usually ppl who dont wanna compeat or see things as a challenge with the fun in beating anything even in pve, you find them lacking intrest in whatever they are doing.
Daoc is a casual game in the core no losses for pvp and rp meter isn't really anything but a meter for how long you have played same char.

Some rr3 Randomclass can play better if he want to pay attention to the game and wanna learn then some rr7+.
Its funny to see so many people think that aquireing gear(toa artifacts etc) is also skill lol...

Brommix

Loyal Freddie
All i have to say is ROFL MAO at dumb dumb mids who believe a group with 3 healers and a shaman CAN EVER be a gimped group no matter what else you put in it.
Sometimes a few of you really are total idiots :)

Brylle Madness

Fledgling Freddie
1 mincer (fully buffed) + 1 reaver (fully buffed) + 1 pally (fully buffed) VS Kadawen (RM) = Kadawen Wins

Thats skill

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
1 FG of random "skilled" players will do alot better then 1 FG optimized less "skilled" players i'd say.
there is "skill" in daoc, but it's easier to play good with a good equipped toon and most so called "elite" players usually have "elite" equipment making their work playing "elite" that much easier aswell.

im quite sure theres many fine players with lots of skill and knowledge running around with toons using "bad" equipment and not able to truly show their potential since they either work too much to have time to farm cash/artis/scrolls or whatever to make the decent templates.

personally i never cared much for elitism, and would rather duo with a person i like rather than some elite guy unless it's a elite guy i particulary like.
what matters to me is having the balls to try rather than staying stealthed until you think you are safe*.

*you know who you are :p

Byssa

Fledgling Freddie
Prff so wat if people zerg tbh theres always going to be hardcore players. I dont mind gettin killed is somethings i laugh how many there is at AMG to kill me like. AHAHAHAH took 2fg of them to kill me -_- but is mainly vfs fault cause he keep tellin me to shot different targets

Damn you VF Damn you

Lethul

FH is my second home
Bloodaxe_Springskalle said:
personally i never cared much for elitism, and would rather duo with a person i like rather than some elite guy unless it's a elite guy i particulary like.

awww, lub you to :sex:

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Brylle Madness said:
1 mincer (fully buffed) + 1 reaver (fully buffed) + 1 pally (fully buffed) VS Kadawen (RM) = Kadawen Wins

Thats skill

Nope. That's Dark Age of Castalot.

Gotta wait till at least 1.74 until casters can be proud of killing something. Should be bottom of the pile by then, going on the 4-5 patch 'who's uber' swings.

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:
awww, lub you to :sex:

what's that supposed to mean?
are you sad that i wont group with you just becos you are so "elite"? :p
i don't know you dude, and i wont have some gay guy :sex: at me anywhere.
there's own forums for your kind :p

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodaxe_Springskalle said:
i wont have some gay guy :sex: at me anywhere.

Methinks you protest too much... got something you want to share with us? :)

Painbringer

Fledgling Freddie
This thread shows why i can't wait for World of Warcraft to come out, no more of this 'fotm', 'gimp', 'elite', 'cookie cutter grps' horseshit :cheers:

I see this as RealmvsRealm combat so there is no such thing as rp leeching, everyone is heading toward the same goal. Seeing ppl at atk waiting hours for groups is even worse, nobody should be shunned coz of their spec or made to roll another char just so they can get a group. Imo ppl do tend to take this 'game' abit too seriously, I play for fun and if ppl think i am 'gimp' i really don't care, i like my character and nobody will change it for me. I'm hoping NF comes very soon as i enjoy keep fights alot as they involve decent tactics and the fights last longer than 2 minutes hehe. I used to like rp farming but since toa it just isn't fun anymore doing that, I only like zerging if it is for a reason (e.g. taking a keep) but zerging just to roam emain is not much fun for me anymore unless the other realms have equal numbers in which case can be a good fight, but all too often its not. As far as the '1337' ppl go i try to stay away from them coz they tend to annoy me too much saying how great they are and how everyone else are 'noobs' coz they don't play all day and night with the same ppl in the same grp as they have a life. To me the best place for ppl that think of themselves first and not helping their realmmates is Camlann, you will encounter much better 8vs8 fights there (although underwater fights can get abit weird hehe). These days i play mainly in PvE, doing guild hunts etc as RvR just isnt as fun as it was prior to toa atm so I hope NF changes this. I like to play my own way, not how everyone thinks I should play, I don't care what ppl think of my spec, I'm not bothered about capping everything just as long as i look cool and am still reasonably effective, no need to be ugly and perfect, I don't care if I am not the best player and I don't pretend to be, I just play to have FUN and chat with my mates, usually taking the piss out of each other (e.g. Chilly the Tart). None of this fotm gimp bollocks, as long as they are with me having fun playing the game i don't care what class/spec they are, they always get in a group (none of this group template bullshit), hence why my guild is doing a sidi raid on Friday, coz we enjoy PvE hunts aswell as keep takes and sidi is a fun place and a decent challenge. We couldnt care less that the drops in there are not the best in game anymore as long as I have my curry and beer I always have fun :drink:

Rant over flamme me if you must, it won't change a damn thing, I just hope WoW doesn't get ruined with this fotm gimp crap like DAoC has been :(

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Even if there is no fotm (which I would seriously doubt, unless all classes are perfectly balanced (heh) from gamestart and no further balancing is needed), then there will still be people with more interes in becoming "better" in some way then others.
There will be "elite" people playing as well - just as in DAoC, and my thoughts are that there will be a huge amount of "leet-wannabes" as well in the game, making life even worse for casual players then the "normal elite" people :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom