leoric

Originally posted by calaen
Well my spec is different again.

50 LB
39 Stealth
42 Shield
6 Thrust

Just to be different....

Also I dont wanna hear from anyone thats a waste blah blah. This is just the way I wanna go.

Exactly how im gonna spec, I just think stealth is high! But sod it!

D

deerstalker

Re: Slash DMG @ 31 spec

Originally posted by Aussie-

doubt you can do this with 50 thrust :great:
( most of this is debuffed )

Wouldn't ever spec 50 thrust on a scout.. Infi yes.. scout no..

So once again aussie.. what's your spec matey?

DS

F

-fwapp-

Originally posted by deerstalker
Or like my sig, just wait for someone who wasn't paying attention :p

DS.

m8 no offence but ur sig is really pretty shallow showing-off spam. U dont get 300 rp for killing a rr9 solo and you dont need such a long sig about getting a death message. u havent had experience as a 50 scout and a 44 scout will lose every proper encounter in melee or otherwise if the enemy knows anything about what hes doing. :[

not flaming u i just find it a bit annoying dont take it to heart, i know first rvr dm must have sentimental value or whatever heeh :]

D

deerstalker

Originally posted by -fwapp-
m8 no offence but ur sig is really pretty shallow showing-off spam. U dont get 300 rp for killing a rr9 solo and you dont need such a long sig about getting a death message. u havent had experience as a 50 scout and a 44 scout will lose every proper encounter in melee or otherwise if the enemy knows anything about what hes doing. :[

not flaming u i just find it a bit annoying dont take it to heart, i know first rvr dm must have sentimental value or whatever heeh :]

actually it's not there to show off, it's to point the finger at all -- Sorry no room for a scout. or Must be RR5+ crap.

As for solo, it took place down the hill from atk emain, 1fg+ vs 1fg albs.

Imediate aoe mez on the albs. Enemy started laying into the albs 1 at a time. My mezz didn't stick for some strange reason and I started shooting fame. which earnt me a insta stun from some one.

While I was stunned, I got another mez - which I'm still imune to.
At this point I'm left alone. albs are comming out of mez and being re mezzed / stunned / pbaoe'd. I start plinking arrows into fame again, more to disrupt him than to actually do damage. Got mezzed again, still imune and albs are nearly dead, more albs arrive from atk, fame still hasn't been hit by anyone else apart from me and is at 60% health or so.

More arrows. more mezz and someone helpfully str debuffs me ( pre 1.62 ) . so now I can't move and the only target I have is Fame. so more arrows go his way. I reckon unless the incomming albs finish it quick I'm a gonner, so swap to hunting bow and strart shooting arrows at 2secs.. gets me a very rude mez and stun at the same time ( still imune from the first mez ) - stun didn't stick and I finish off with a last shot of 192 ( -64 ) - dead.
At no time did anyone else hit him, the only thing that saved me from getting splatted was the zzZZzz marks above my head while I was still imune.

As I say, the "must be RR5" stuff is crap, as is 50 only. Anyone above level 40 can add to a group in some way, and just because your level 50 and RR5+ doesn't mean that your invunrable to a little RR1.

As for the melee encounters,, I loose everything only got 18 thrust spec and don't expect to fight melee ever. If I can avoid the first mez in a group and get out of the battle range and off to the side. I can now (RF) stop hib / mid pbaoer's even getting the first spell off, stop healers from healing and generally p*ss off casters in general.

DS

L

leoric

Lol, That aint gonna go down well mate. Nothing really amazing about it! 1 Vs 1 he would tie ya balls around ya neck mate :) In a group, Its luck! :spin:

H

halgaard

my spec is:

33 stealth
46 longbow
42 shield
29 slash

i noticed that when i went from RR 2 to RR3 my damage cap on crit shot raised from 1017 to 1021
so if I where you i would put the extra points in slash instead of going 47 or 48 longbow.

just my 2 cents :)

S

skile

Hmm. What tactic do u use while facing enemies 1vs1? I know, slam+critshot. This is the key, hence 50 LB is a must, if u are 42 shield.

My cap is 1070 with bow.

G

Galiryn

my spec is :

45 lb
35 stealth
50shield xD
9 thrust

well, i suck melee ( doing 50 dmg ish with thrust styles ).

but i block alot :D

F

-fwapp-

Originally posted by deerstalker

As I say, the "must be RR5" stuff is crap, as is 50 only. Anyone above level 40 can add to a group in some way, and just because your level 50 and RR5+ doesn't mean that your invunrable to a little RR1.

DS

ah was this while u were grped? i assumed ud be without 1 seeing as how grp friendly scouts are and all, if so the rp total makes sense

and the rr9 mention was because an rr9 would never give 300 rp to a soloer, nothing to do with how badly hed wtfpwn u or whatever

ah and btw spec here is 45 bow 29 slash 42 shield 34 stealth, normal and boring :p but amy never does less than 100 dmg even when unbuffed vs sbs so its ok

G

gunner440

Originally posted by skile
Hmm. What tactic do u use while facing enemies 1vs1? I know, slam+critshot. This is the key, hence 50 LB is a must, if u are 42 shield.

My cap is 1070 with bow.

that was the tactic pre-ra's

now sbs have something called purge as aussie said t,t

S

skile

Every 30 mins they do. Which means, sometimes you win, sometimes you loose. Rather choose that than to always loose ^^.

S

skile

Cause in theory you shouldn't be able to beat an assasin even with 50 in weaponspec. Assains have debuffs and a bonus vs shields. And a lot of nifty stuff, such as PA and uber evade.

K

K0nah

yes and when they purge you cry xD

in the last week or two since ive been dabbling around on my scout again, slam _has_not_ been purged exactly once...

even brehon nightshades have purge ffs, da powah of dragonfang... :(

tbh my advice is take that 1-2s a successful slam 'might' buy u before they purge it and runnnnnnnnnnnnnn cos u wont beat an sb or ns 1v1 in melee unless your buffbot/s are substantially better than thiers :puke:

R

-RG-Jaond

Originally posted by K0nah
even brehon nightshades have purge ffs, da powah of dragonfang... :(

Any mid/hib stealthers not getting purge must be realy stupid

Infil: Dragonfang
Mincer: insta stun
Scout: slam

A

Aussie-

Originally posted by K0nah

tbh my advice is take that 1-2s a successful slam 'might' buy u before they purge it and runnnnnnnnnnnnnn cos u wont beat an sb or ns 1v1 in melee unless your buffbot/s are substantially better than thiers :puke:
:ROFLMAO:

Z

Zalok

I go to test on my scout
50LB
29Slash
42Shield
26Stealth +15 at rr5 = 41 (Is good that??)

If no work can try -LB +Stealth

Opinions plz :p

T

tazzke

dunno....stealth for a scout is only usefull vs non stealth characters...

we got camo...but shoot 1 arrow and your stealth is kinda useless against assasins for 10 min

think 25/26 stealth + 11 + RR ones should do the trick if you don't go camp milegates etc...or the usual archer spots, if you are in the middle of an enemy group when shooting your arrows you are playing the wrong char and game

50 LB -> 1OO% dmg on people without their own BT...so thats not bad...

42 shield -> slam is usefull when not facing a buffed assasin class 1 vs 1...if he is buffed you can forget it...if you are both buffed and he has Purge up...you can forget it...

29 slash -> easy all time slash style...not too bad damage...

atm my scout is keepdefence...she won't survive in an open rvr area for very long...but its fun to defend a keep without being PA'd by 3 sb's :p

K

K0nah

50stealth is lovely, lost an sb at point blank range the other day ;)

camo only helps vs see hidden and not that many assasins have it (about 20% it seems) being able to see other archers and even some assasins in stealth before they see u is priceless.

D

deerstalker

Originally posted by -fwapp-
ah was this while u were grped? i assumed ud be without 1 seeing as how grp friendly scouts are and all, if so the rp total makes sense

and the rr9 mention was because an rr9 would never give 300 rp to a soloer, nothing to do with how badly hed wtfpwn u or whatever

I was solo, getting a group in emain is as rare as finding the last chocolate in a box is a strawberry cream.

300 ish RP's was the cap for the rank I was at the time.

DS

A

Aussie-

50 LB is fucking useless, if you are a DECENT scout you kill 90% Stealthers.

S

skile

Originally posted by tazzke
dunno....stealth for a scout is only usefull vs non stealth characters...

we got camo...but shoot 1 arrow and your stealth is kinda useless against assasins for 10 min

think 25/26 stealth + 11 + RR ones should do the trick if you don't go camp milegates etc...or the usual archer spots, if you are in the middle of an enemy group when shooting your arrows you are playing the wrong char and game

50 LB -> 1OO% dmg on people without their own BT...so thats not bad...

42 shield -> slam is usefull when not facing a buffed assasin class 1 vs 1...if he is buffed you can forget it...if you are both buffed and he has Purge up...you can forget it...

29 slash -> easy all time slash style...not too bad damage...

atm my scout is keepdefence...she won't survive in an open rvr area for very long...but its fun to defend a keep without being PA'd by 3 sb's :p

I've been having access to a buffbot lately. And I must say I'm suprised how well I do in melee with only 23 thrust (1280 WS buffed). I'm gonna get a long dirk tho, should be better vs assasins, they have such a high defense it would be more suitable for you to hit faster (u prob get more bearthooth's in ;)).
This will be good for me since I have purge.

This is an odd situation tho. If assasins are dependable on purge, and the scout can win melee using ip. it's a good thing. However, I might consider respeccing to 45 bow and increasing melee a bit. Gonna play a bit more with my 50 bow tho.

T

tazzke

Well... it's not the 23 thrust that makes you win..it's the buffs...but in my case i have to play without buffbot...so i prefer playing/speccing the char in a way he is usefull without buffs

and not getting killed when facing an assasin class

btw aussie... RR9 might have it a bit easier :)
you played the "golden" age of the scouts too :p

O

old.Odysseus

50 LB is fucking useless, if you are a DECENT scout you kill 90% Stealthers.
assuming u have buffbot and your opponent dont .... (not to mention outrank him 4-5 realmranks).

50LB seems a bit over the top, 42-46 should suffice.

I

infernalwrath

Originally posted by leoric
I,ve made up a spec which i think is the best i can think of for Sniper Scout with melee element.

33 Stealth +11 Items +RR5 = 49 (May be worked out wrong)
42 Shield for the usual!
47 LB +auto to lvl48 = 48 or 49 not sure
29 Slash for anytime Ameth slash

Please let me know what you think, Any adjustments you think would help please let me know. Before you start thinking bout lowering LB, This is a SNIPER scout spec :) Thanks for taking a look :)
my curect spec is 34 stealth 42 shield 45 lb 29 slash
Problem with sniper scout spec is that your most figth will be melee cause 90% of your slams will get purged and anyways 40-47 dont think is so much difference.
Once i hit rr5 i will respec to 39 slash 40 lb 30 stealth 42 shield ... all around spec imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom