FAO: Scouts

L

leoric

I,ve made up a spec which i think is the best i can think of for Sniper Scout with melee element.

33 Stealth +11 Items +RR5 = 49 (May be worked out wrong)
42 Shield for the usual!
47 LB +auto to lvl48 = 48 or 49 not sure
29 Slash for anytime Ameth slash

Please let me know what you think, Any adjustments you think would help please let me know. Before you start thinking bout lowering LB, This is a SNIPER scout spec :) Thanks for taking a look :)

I

ilienwyn

Personally i don't think it will make such a difference from 47 to 48 lb specc. Either go 45 or 50 for the additional tools they offer. If you go 45 you can use the extra points to increase something else (like melee or stealth).
Either way, it's your choice and it seems quite good to me. 50 shield that some people go for seems not so needed for me over 42 and an average at least melee is needed so you will have enough weaponskill to manage land some styles in melee when needed...;)

J

Javai

I think 33 + 11 + rr5 is 48? (+4 for rr5?)

But you are also gonna be struggling with stealth a bit on way up to rr5 and well a sniper scout is gonna need to be able to hide :)

I

ilienwyn

Originally posted by Javai

But you are also gonna be struggling with stealth a bit on way up to rr5 and well a sniper scout is gonna need to be able to hide :)

It's enough to hide from non stealthers and other archers. Only problem is with assasins and i don't think that even with 50stealth you can be safe against them. Imagine my oddly specced scout with crap all stealth manages to remain unseen on walls when full groups pass from below which is quite funny and indicates how powerfull stealth is against non stealthers

L

leoric

I wasnt sure on the total at RR5 but im glad you told me :) Im thinking if i eve reach RR10 it will be capped anyway.
Not really a problem on the way to RR5 as i,ll be grouped with stealthers for RvR (Yes lame) But if you cant beat em join em ;)

J

Javai

Originally posted by ilienwyn
It's enough to hide from non stealthers and other archers. Only problem is with assasins and i don't think that even with 50stealth you can be safe against them. Imagine my oddly specced scout with crap all stealth manages to remain unseen on walls when full groups pass from below which is quite funny and indicates how powerfull stealth is against non stealthers

The problem I find with about that level of stealth is that I'm always popping out of stealth when drawing a shot....but I may be completely wrong to think that its stealth spec that effects this.

N

nightsorrow

how about this spec:p

40LB
29 slash
29 stealth
50 shield

think im gonna try this, only thing thats a bit low is stealth, but i played with 29 stealth for 2 months now, and you can easily avoind non stealthers.

assasins find you either with 33 stealth or 29 so:p

S

skile

My spec is:

50 Longbow
32 Stealth
23 Thrust (more weaponskill than 29 slash for saracen and assasin debuff is less effective if u go thrust)
and 42 shield ^^.

F

-Freezingwiz-

solo spec would probly be better with

50 thrust
45+ LB
30 + stealth
and spare in shield...

and get dodger 2/3 then u DF the assasins and shoot em with bow...

shield styles have no to hit bonus = a lot evades....
slam have very high end use= not much end after slam is landed

DF have normal(?) end use and some ho hit bonus... it will help u more ! and when u are out of end u will do more dmg then with lower weap spec....

beside that does shield have 50% penalty to dualwield....

I

ilienwyn

I can't understand really what you need 50shield for. The style is good yes but until you wait to block to use it you will have already used slam. More blocking %? Get mob.

My scout has very odd specc and don't advise it for "solo" scouts.
My idea would be something like this for a good specc:
45lb
42shield
34stealth
29weapon

If you can do full autotraining you could get weapon to 34 and stealth to 31 or whatever.

And as for blocks quite oddly it seems a little better than i expected so far. I manage to do quite a good rate of them against stealther about equally unbuffed (or buffed ;) ) with me. I even have a screenshot of doing a double evade against a ns which was really funny.

G

Gethin

Was wondering what people thought of this spec at RR5 you would be 50+ in 4 different skills

Stealth 35
Longbow 35
Shield 42
Thrust\Slash 40

Throw in a lev 50 enhance bot and this could be an intriguing spec.

S

Silenzio

Originally posted by Gethin
Was wondering what people thought of this spec at RR5 you would be 50+ in 4 different skills

Stealth 35
Longbow 35
Shield 42
Thrust\Slash 40

punk

A

Aussie-

thrust sux cock

most sbs dont spec envenom high because it doesnt really makes a difference against infils. against 95% of the sbs i do 150-260 dmg with amethyst @ 31 slashspec

D

deerstalker

The problem I find with about that level of stealth is that I'm always popping out of stealth when drawing a shot....but I may be completely wrong to think that its stealth spec that effects this.

Stealth level affects if you stay hidden or not when drawing Critshot.
It's eaiser to draw a normal shot from stealth than Crit.

DS

D

deerstalker

Originally posted by Gethin

Stealth 35
Longbow 35
Shield 42
Thrust\Slash 40

Leveling a scout is painfull enough without crippling yourself with no front end damage.

My spec.. traditional sniper scout

LB 50 - PAr 3 RF2
Stealth 35 - 50 at RR5
Shield 42 - Slam
Thrust - Tranquilise

Don't understand why anyone would roll a slash scout. yes the damage is good, but most of the evade / block moves are off of thrust. Add to this that you have to spec dex high for damage on the bow and slash is a poor mans companion.

The trick is, if your in melee to just spam tranquilise till you get an opening. ( assuming slam'ed already ) , tranq has a bonus to defence on the next round.

Scout vs Sb / Ns - your all ready dead unless you get slam off, the problem is duel wielders you can only block one of thier hits. Yet to come up against one of the new 2h sb'ers ( and live long enough to engage ;) . So not sure what the block rate is going to be there.

For this reason speccing in melee skills more than any other skill is a waste of time for a scout.

L

leoric

Originally posted by Aussie-
the lvl 43 scout has spoken

Lol, Aus whats ya overall spec pls mate? I think ameth anytime is a good way to go tbh :)

G

gunner440

slash > thrust as a scout remember taht t.t

amy is like teh only overpowered thing in alb (can be compared to old mid doublefrost) i.e. uber dmg anytime + combine it with riposte....

K

K0nah

debuffed slash scout vs slash resistant nightshade <shudder>

who cares if u get bonus on shadowblades when u cant hit em cos ur wepskill sux?

L

leoric

ARGHGRHRH! I need Scout Councilling! All these diff opinions! Slash or Thrust pls doc?

T

tazzke

How about you don't listen to what they TELL you...
and try a spec you think would be good for your playstyle?

Some people like 50 LB...but crap melee...other good melee and crap LB...some like 42 shield...others 50...low/high stealth etc...

My opninion....vs assasins who get the jump on you (1-2-3 or 8 of them at times)...you will never stand a chance (and they will jump you even with 35 base stealth...).

When shooting some solo player ...and he is slow...he will be dead (or should be at least).

Atm i've made my scout a keepdefence bot..

50 LB + Volley + Longshot + Passive RA's....

simple reason is...without buffs (95% i'm running unbuffed)...i can't win vs a RR1 assasin (who is buffed of course)...so i made this char for defending keeps...and with some luck i'm getting some rp's when defending :p

If they ever nerf the buffbot armies....i might respec to some "normal" spec again...but untill that happens...my scout is just an extra NPC archer to kill :p

L

leoric

Thanks Doc :) Think i will. Im gonna be buffed too, Purely because i think 80% maybe more of players have a sodding buffbot! Im gonna be jack off melee i think! :)

D

deerstalker

Originally posted by Aussie-
the lvl 43 scout has spoken

So...

What's your spec aussie, slash or thrust. What RA's , how long do you last vs SB, 1fg mids , 2fg mids, even if your level 35 or like yourself level 50 RR9, the tactics are the same, hide get a few shots off, wait for the weakest char / low health and pick on them. Or like my sig, just wait for someone who wasn't paying attention :p

----
I'm a keep defence / offence scout, don't expect to melee, give me a GT and a few hundred arrows and I'm happy.

Last night for example when the 2fg of mids were trying to set up a treb outside CS, GT + Volley kept them moving around, each time I started hitting them they had to move position again eventually they gave up and left.

DS.

A

Aussie-

Slash DMG @ 31 spec

vicvic.JPG

doubt you can do this with 50 thrust :great:
( most of this is debuffed )

L

leoric

Aussie whats ya final spec if you dont mind me asking :)

B

bahamuts

yea either go high shield high slash or low shield and trusth

C

calaen

Well my spec is different again.

50 LB
39 Stealth
42 Shield
6 Thrust

Just to be different....

Also I dont wanna hear from anyone thats a waste blah blah. This is just the way I wanna go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom