FAO Mids:

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Try earth spec then, it's pretty fun. Then you get the top nearsight with the same range as other classes get on their ns, and the top matter bolt, good variance on base fire bolt, snare ae, single snare with op 2.8 casting time and additionally an ae dot. It's a pretty cool spec. The nearsight gets a piggyback 15% matter debuff also. I've hit some casters for 1k+ with matter bolt after nearsight/debuff without crit and with no relic bonuses at rr3.

thank you very much ;) i know what the wizard spec lines have to offer.

i like ice because it`s the only spec that offers close and longe range AE damage in albion. i like that role. i just think that mana chanters and bianshees are better equiped for the same task.

if i wanted to excell in single target killing, ice would not be my prefered choise, lol. then again, i subspecced fire because i wanted to improve my anti caster options by making the baseline bolt hit for OKish damage.

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
thank you very much ;) i know what the wizard spec lines have to offer.

i like ice because it`s the only spec that offers close and longe range AE damage in albion. i like that role. i just think that mana chanters and bianshees are better equiped for the same task.

if i wanted to excell in single target killing, ice would not be my prefered choise, lol. then again, i subspecced fire because i wanted to improve my anti caster options by making the baseline bolt hit for OKish damage.

So you spec the zergway. And then whine about not being able to kill people 1v1. While you know that putting the fire pts into earth would make you able to farm the zerg and kill people 1v1.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
So you spec the zergway. And then whine about not being able to kill people 1v1. While you know that putting the fire pts into earth would make you able to farm the zerg and kill people 1v1.

i guess i won`t go into history (lol) as a fg or solo player.

and having a grey nearsight didn`t prove very usefull when i tried 50 ice with 20 earth.

i think being on the receiving end of a bolt that hits for 850 + (on squishy unbuffed cloth) before crits makes a bigger impression than maybe getting a grey NS on you.

being able to throw a bolt that lands on the same time as your DD due to bolt traveling time is more deadly than a grey NS that gets either resisted or ignored by running 200 units further before qcasting a stun just doesn`t cut it for me.

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
48 ice, 19 earth, 15 fire gives you 36 composite fire which should be fairly decent baseline bolts. And the nearsight is a 2.0 sec casttime spell, with 350+ dex and 10% castspeed you can get off loads before someone can run in and QC stun.

I don't see the benefit of going 50 ice.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
i guess i won`t go into history (lol) as a fg or solo player.

and having a grey nearsight didn`t prove very usefull when i tried 50 ice with 20 earth.

i think being on the receiving end of a bolt that hits for 850 + (on squishy unbuffed cloth) before crits makes a bigger impression than maybe getting a grey NS on you.

being able to throw a bolt that lands on the same time as your DD due to bolt traveling time is more deadly than a grey NS that gets either resisted or ignored by running 200 units further before qcasting a stun just doesn`t cut it for me.

On the receiving end of a bolt that hits for 850 + unbuffed caster? Imagine having no spec af and beeing on the receiving end of a firewizz one ;).

Your whole points are flawed by means of the way this game is design. Hib's/Mid's never hade spec af, cd and dw is totally different from la design. LT and moc is a silly combination, Midgard casters having fkloads of melee defense, etc, etc, etc.

For all i care start whinging about zerker rat mode in combination with cele (and mids where the only one having cele till just last patch).

Or, or, or.

You running with a DI bot, right Muyl? How's about you let the cleric lead instead and play that. Then on inc, you can stun, press smite 2 times while you switch to wizz.
See how it goes then.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
48 ice, 19 earth, 15 fire gives you 36 composite fire which should be fairly decent baseline bolts. And the nearsight is a 2.0 sec casttime spell, with 350+ dex and 10% castspeed you can get off loads before someone can run in and QC stun.

I don't see the benefit of going 50 ice.

i don`t see the benefit of going over 48 ice as there are no spells at 49 and 50.

and like i said, it`s a choise i make. 45 combined fire spec give ok-isch results with the baseline bolt. points is I have +21 all magic and can elevate baseline damage spells to okish results, most people can`t.

back when there was a (not that usefull, but anway) snare DD at level 50 and i was 50 ice and 20 fire, with lets say +16 all magic, that baseline bolt failed to impress me.

i decided for myself ages before the spell got swapped to earth line that it was better to just use baseline nuke than the specline snare nuke and went for 48 ice rest fire ages ago.

for what i can spec, i prefer a decent baseline bolt over a crap NS. that is not an option a lot of ice wizards out there have.

damn we getting of topic.

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah, lets not talk about the poor wizards with nearsight, PBAoE, debuff nukes, single root, AE root, bolts, snare nukes, DoTs, GTAoE and DI bots. Lets talk about the overpoweredness of baseline stun or the nonexistant mids not attacking hib. :touch:

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
On the receiving end of a bolt that hits for 850 + unbuffed caster? Imagine having no spec af and beeing on the receiving end of a firewizz one ;).

http://img106.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sshot022pf7.jpg

notice how i even have 2 times that NS on me qbars when specced fire ?

and how the fuck did that target survive that bolt ???

You running with a DI bot, right Muyl? How's about you let the cleric lead instead and play that. Then on inc, you can stun, press smite 2 times while you switch to wizz.
See how it goes then.

when i run with a DI bot it`s due to lack of clerics. gime a real half decent cleric over any bot anytime. when you are running with a guild group and you have 7 spots filled and the only rezzing/healing yo have is comming from a paladin, you tag a bot allong, yes.

it`s not like i try roaming with a bot to kill soloers.

i think a soloer who i cross while tagging my bot allong will not automatically be tagged red is dead (unless it`s on a bridge or he can be back on the same spot, buffed and all in 1 min, then i just kill on sight) by me. i think my reputation is far worse than my actions there tbh.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, lets not talk about the poor wizards with nearsight, PBAoE, debuff nukes, single root, AE root, bolts, snare nukes, DoTs, GTAoE and DI bots. Lets talk about the overpoweredness of baseline stun or the nonexistant mids not attacking hib. :touch:

i never said wizards are poor. i rate fire and earth spec as some of the best specs on casters... ice is just not in the same league, but unfortunately it`s albs ONLY way to get the potentially devastating combo of pbaoe + ranged ae - DD that makes hibs such a danger to alb zergs. give ice wizards the same nuke as fire wizards and i`ll shut up forever. as it is, we miss to much other stuff just for that pbaoe. AND I LOVE TO PBAOE.

i can accept that it`s a choise between bolts and pbaoe, and that would be fine if ice performed as good as fire for the nukage...

and i was trying to make a point about hibs and their OP stun vs casters and their lack of any tools to counter tanks. so i sugest slightly downtuning the stun not in duration or effect, but in range, AND ADDING a single target snare to help out VS tanks.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Stop QQing about baseline stun, get some AoM and Det and it wont affect u!!

And what makes you think my Mid alts have access to them?

Baseline stun is OP?

Your char gets free stocism + fury and can spec det stop whinging...

lol are you really as stupid as Raimo is? It seems so, try actually reading what you quote idiot.

I said when IM PLAYING MID.

I don't give a fuck about baseline stun on Kag. On my Mid alts it's a different matter. I know your just a grapple bot, so im making allowances here, but do try and use your brain once in awhile.

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
i never said wizards are poor. i rate fire and earth spec as some of the best specs on casters... ice is just not in the same league, but unfortunately it`s albs ONLY way to get the potentially devastating combo of pbaoe + ranged ae - DD that makes hibs such a danger to alb zergs. give ice wizards the same nuke as fire wizards and i`ll shut up forever. as it is, we miss to much other stuff just for that pbaoe. AND I LOVE TO PBAOE.

i can accept that it`s a choise between bolts and pbaoe, and that would be fine if ice performed as good as fire for the nukage...

and i was trying to make a point about hibs and their OP stun vs casters and their lack of any tools to counter tanks. so i sugest slightly downtuning the stun not in duration or effect, but in range, AND ADDING a single target snare to help out VS tanks.

Albs are the only ones that get a PBAoE'r that also has a ranged AE. Chockingly that AE DD also has a debuff component. In fact, wizards get debuffspells in all lines. Seems balanced...

You can't eat your cake and keep it at the same time.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Albs are the only ones that get a PBAoE'r that also has a ranged AE. Chockingly that AE DD also has a debuff component. In fact, wizards get debuffspells in all lines. Seems balanced...

You can't eat your cake and keep it at the same time.

mana eldritches and bianshees (to some degree) both have multiple forms of ae-dd and are a lot more common that ice wizards i believe.

Nate

FH is my second home

the same could be said for all casters cc.

and every class has it's best spec for certain situations, no class gets everything in one line. Wizards will never get the highest delve dd+debuff in the same line as pbae. Ever looked at other classes and how they don't have it all in the same line? I wonder who would of thought that up!

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved

lol are you really as stupid as Raimo is? It seems so, try actually reading what you quote idiot.

I don't give a fuck about baseline stun on Kag. On my Mid alts it's a different matter. I know your just a grapple bot, so im making allowances here, but do try and use your brain once in awhile.

tbh its not my fucking problem u don't have det on mid. Just saying Det+Stoi+AoM tanks > hib caster stun. Other solution is purge 3

Cadelin

Resident Freddy

But midgard is so easy mode. Your valk does has access to det, it also has charge.

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
Lol Kag u play a valk and have problem with casters,omg!!
Get charge 2-3 and U>any caster

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
and every class has it's best spec for certain situations, no class gets everything in one line. Wizards will never get the highest delve dd+debuff in the same line as pbae. Ever looked at other classes and how they don't have it all in the same line? I wonder who would of thought that up!

when i said i would shut up forever on the subject with the same spec nuke in ice as in fire, i din`t say i tought that was the solution really.

i just think that ice wizards have gotten a bad deal when wiz love came and are not up to par with the other wiz specs.

a 3 sec cast time debuff nuke that delves for 171 that debuffs 20 %
vs
a 2.8 sec cast time debuff nuke that delves for 219 that debuffs for 15 % ?

if all else fails, make the bloody ice debuff DD 2.8 sec cast time too pls./

i don`t think that is an unreasonable thing to ask.

as a mattter of fact i don`t think it`s fair to all other classes with debuff dd`s and snare nuke dd`s who have a 3 secs cast time while wizzes have 2.8 sec cast time on those in earth and fire spec, but not in ice spec.

just like i don`t think a 2.5 sec 179 delve baseline lifetap was a great idea from mythic. <cough> 3 sec cast time would be nice <cough>

just like i don`t think a baseline stun on a focus caster was a great idea from mythic. <cough> 1250-1350 range on stun and extra snare spell on top to boot would `solve` a lot of issues and annoyances<cough>

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
when i said i would shut up forever on the subject with the same spec nuke in ice as in fire, i din`t say i tought that was the solution really.

i just think that ice wizards have gotten a bad deal when wiz love came and are not up to par with the other wiz specs.

vs

as a mattter of fact i don`t think it`s fair to all other classes with debuff dd`s and snare nuke dd`s who have a 3 secs cast time while wizzes have 2.8 sec cast time on those in earth and fire spec, but not in ice spec.

just like i don`t think a 2.5 sec 179 delve baseline lifetap was a great idea from mythic. <cough> 3 sec cast time would be nice <cough>

just like i don`t think a baseline stun on a focus caster was a great idea from mythic. <cough> 1250-1350 range on stun and extra snare spell on top to boot would `solve` a lot of issues and annoyances<cough>

Remove the debuff from wizard nukes and its good.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
mana eldritches and bianshees (to some degree) both have multiple forms of ae-dd and are a lot more common that ice wizards i believe.

Bainshee's have no stun and actually quite a shite root aswell. The mana eld's ae dd, is more of a snare then dmg tbh, but it could use a debuff in there aswell imo!

If mana elds are more common then ice wizards i dunno, there aint that much mana elds about...

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Stop playing mid and continue the Vamp project. Underpopulation bonus + 20% spell and melee dmg. This of rox!

Is fun I admit, but I hate exping at the best of times so only bother doing a level every few days or so.

But midgard is so easy mode. Your valk does has access to det, it also has charge.

And since when has my Valk been my only Mid alt? I've had active alts in midgard since the first year of daoc. Not all of them have easy to recognise names FYI.

Lol Kag u play a valk and have problem with casters,omg!!
Get charge 2-3 and U>any caster

And where did I say my Valk has a problem with casters? Are you really so stupid as to think someone only has 1 character on a realm because they don't have a great list in their forum sig? Tell me, do you actually know how to tie your own shoe laces too?

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
And since when has my Valk been my only Mid alt? I've had active alts in midgard since the first year of daoc. Not all of them have easy to recognise names FYI.

So you require that all of your chars to have effective immuntiy from stun? Not all classes can be OP in 1v1 situations. Have you considered grouping?

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
So you require that all of your chars to have effective immuntiy from stun? Not all classes can be OP in 1v1 situations. Have you considered grouping?

Please show me where I said anything of the sort. I do not remember asking for stun immunity or even mentioning it anywhere in any post. Any more bullshit to spam or have you finally ran out?

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Please show me where I said anything of the sort. I do not remember asking for stun immunity or even mentioning it anywhere in any post. Any more bullshit to spam or have you finally ran out?

If you insist. You started by saying:

This was in relation to det, charge, stoichism aom and other RA/abilites to counter baseline stun. I then pointed out you had a valk which has plenty of tools to take out hib casters using baseline stun.

You followed that post up with:

And where did I say my Valk has a problem with casters? Are you really so stupid as to think someone only has 1 character on a realm because they don't have a great list in their forum sig? Tell me, do you actually know how to tie your own shoe laces too?

So here you admit you have a valk that has the tools to easily counter hib casters yet you choose to not use it and instead whine about hib casters. So it seems to me that you are asking for all your chars to have a good counter to casted stuns.

I did actually suggest that if you are playing a class that doesn't have the tools to fight against somebody with casted stun you should accept it as a limitation of the class and try grouping.

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
Is fun I admit, but I hate exping at the best of times so only bother doing a level every few days or so.

Why call me stupid as I give advice,I might aswel call u stupid and a noob as u cant deal with casters thats all!!

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
If you insist. You started by saying:

This was in relation to det, charge, stoichism aom and other RA/abilites to counter baseline stun. I then pointed out you had a valk which has plenty of tools to take out hib casters using baseline stun.

You followed that post up with:

So here you admit you have a valk that has the tools to easily counter hib casters yet you choose to not use it and instead whine about hib casters. So it seems to me that you are asking for all your chars to have a good counter to casted stuns.

I did actually suggest that if you are playing a class that doesn't have the tools to fight against somebody with casted stun you should accept it as a limitation of the class and try grouping.

Yet I choose not to use it?

I'm sorry are you suddenly an expert on my characters, do you actually know what I do choose or don't choose on my alts? And do you keep a record of how many times a week I choose to solo or group on each realm? Get over yourself. You don't even know the names of my alts, not even my friends know all of them, let alone who I group with.

Baseline stun is one of the three main reasons that where listed, along with banshee's and mushrooms that make attacking Hibernia, from a midgard perspective, far less desireable then attacking Albion.

I fail to see what possible point your trying to make by saying 'well you have a valk!'. How exactly, does me having a valk alt suddenly make this any more balanced? Fighting against base-line stun is a limitation of mid and hib classes, that's almost signature worthy :rolleyes:

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie

vs

Well the fire nuke shouldn't have been upped. it was the best spec nuke before it was tweaked with same delve as dark rm nuke then it got buffed with 15% debuff.

ice nuke is roughly the same as darkem debuff nuke

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Well the fire nuke shouldn't have been upped. it was the best spec nuke before it was tweaked with same delve as dark rm nuke then it got buffed with 15% debuff.

ice nuke is roughly the same as darkem debuff nuke

can i have an intercepting pet and lifedrain pls :)

give and you won`t ever gear me cry out again ;)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Without even playing the game I can answer that question.

1: Barely any mids left
2: Alb is da AC realm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom