FAO Mids:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Personally when I play mid, i'd rather attack a keep without mushrooms, banshees and baseline stun, even if it means hitting a few friends.

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
Personally when I play mid, i'd rather attack a keep without mushrooms, banshees and baseline stun, even if it means hitting a few friends.

Stop QQing about baseline stun, get some AoM and Det and it wont affect u!!

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
apart from the usual mud slinging, this thread makes some good points.

As an alb it is more fun fighting against virtually inexistant mids than to take a zerg to hib and get wiped AGAIN by a single FG, just like for mids is probably more fun fighting albs than fighting hibs.

taking towers and keeps in mid even with few defenders is more fun than getting chainkilled in hib. at least it gives a sense of archievement. the morale suffers a bit less when you hit a mid tower and hope that some defenders will show up instead of hit a hib tower and know you`ll be back in suavage in less than 1 minute.

albs don`t have relics to defend, it doesn`t stop us defending our teritory. alb morale after loosing 3 relics in 2 days (prime time!!!) is low, it doesn`t stop us defending.

i guess albs are more used to fight from an underdog position and not to give up situation gets bad...

and thus hibernia moved back to the position of most powerfull realm due to 6 relics, far superior zerg busting and one vs one caster options and a population that has doubled over the course of 2 weeks.

this alb will NOT surender and play dead.

ever.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Stop QQing about baseline stun, get some AoM and Det and it wont affect u!!

give on my ice wiz !!!

and you must be joking with an answer like that.

spend shitloads of realmpoints to get less affected by baseline OP ability available only to 1 realm.

the day wizards get baseline stun or that they nerf hib baseline stun is the day people will stop complaining about the hib baseline stun.

nerf baseline stun to 1250 range instead of 1500 and give a single target 1500 range snare in mana spec too. that is my solution to the hib baseline stun problem.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
hibs aren't organized they just have spies and a head up they always knew what we where going to do
and brad do shut up as your high rr only kills afk's

Well don't leave BB's in beno courtyard then :p

Not gonna camp a bridge for a year hoping one person will pop by. I take it to the extreme and go to people's main portal keeps.

Your own fault if you were afk in courtyard when i went inside :p

Septina

Part of the furniture
Well don't leave BB's in beno courtyard then :p

Not gonna camp a bridge for a year hoping one person will pop by. I take it to the extreme and go to people's main portal keeps.

Your own fault if you were afk in courtyard when i went inside :p

M8, didnt you read the new list of rules, even if people park their chars on Brynja you must NOT kill afk players. :(

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
give on my ice wiz !!!

and you must be joking with an answer like that.

spend shitloads of realmpoints to get less affected by baseline OP ability available only to 1 realm.

the day wizards get baseline stun or that they nerf hib baseline stun is the day people will stop complaining about the hib baseline stun.

nerf baseline stun to 1250 range instead of 1500 and give a single target 1500 range snare in mana spec too. that is my solution to the hib baseline stun problem.
Its been in the game from the start so doubt they will give it to any other class nor remove it from game.And about u saying nerf its range,then they should nerf ur snare range aswel as its only CC that hib casters have.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Look at what they did to archers.. and that's been ingame since the start. ;)

An ability being ingame for a very long time doesn't make it untouchable, though. (Not that I expect them to change it, but you never know...)

Nate

FH is my second home
:rolleyes: <pushes eyes further up> here we go again with archer stuffs!

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
Well I can say that stun is OP only against casters,but against tanks it's useless as almost all have determination etc. So snare is better vs tanks and stun better vs casters.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Its been in the game from the start so doubt they will give it to any other class nor remove it from game.And about u saying nerf its range,then they should nerf ur snare range aswel as its only CC that hib casters have.

read what i said.

i didn`t say remove or give to another class.

i said reduce it`s range to 1250 instead of 1500 and GIVE them a aditional baseline single target snare as compensation.

hibs keep telling us that baseline stun is not OP and that stun doesn`t do shit to det tanks.

for every time i get killed by a mellee class, i get killed 10 times by a caster.

my solution (range reduction on stun and aditional snare to have tools against non casters) would reduce the `i win` affect effect stun has vs casters and give the hib casters a working tool against tanks.

taking stun away as an `iwin a standoff at max range` tool without reducing its effectiveness in other situation seems like the way to go for me.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH

Baseline stun is OP?

Your char gets free stocism + fury and can spec det stop whinging...

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
read what i said.

i didn`t say remove or give to another class.

i said reduce it`s range to 1250 instead of 1500 and GIVE them a aditional baseline single target snare as compensation.

hibs keep telling us that baseline stun is not OP and that stun doesn`t do shit to det tanks.

for every time i get killed by a mellee class, i get killed 10 times by a caster.

my solution (range reduction on stun and aditional snare to have tools against non casters) would reduce the `i win` affect effect stun has vs casters and give the hib casters a working tool against tanks.

taking stun away as an `iwin a standoff at max range` tool without reducing its effectiveness in other situation seems like the way to go for me.

Considering u can spec to get Nearsight so stop whine.Nearsight > stun!!
As Nearsight has over 2k range u can nearsight the caster even before he/she could get into stunning range!

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Considering u can spec to get Nearsight so stop whine.Nearsight > stun!!

not under 1650 range.

and u say u `can` spec for NS. having to spec for something (whether it be a spec line or an RA) to counter something hibs get free is just not fair.

48 + 21 ice, 24 + 21 fire doesn`t give NS. i prefer a baseline bolt with 45 spec above a level 19 NS that seems to get resisted 2 times out of 3. it`s a choise.

Septina

Part of the furniture
not under 1650 range.

and u say u `can` spec for NS. having to spec for something (whether it be a spec line or an RA) to counter something hibs get free is just not fair.

48 + 21 ice, 24 + 21 fire doesn`t give NS. i prefer a baseline bolt with 45 spec above a level 19 NS that seems to get resisted 2 times out of 3. it`s a choise.

You have the choice to specc stuffs that can actually counter hib baseline stun but you wont cause its more fun whining? :X

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
You have the choice to specc stuffs that can actually counter hib baseline stun

i have the option to SPEC for a tool that give me a chance to counter baseline stun. sounds like a good deal to me. NOT

but you wont cause its more fun whining? :X

i guess you could call it like that. i would call it `trying to make you see the situation from the other side`.

and wouldn`t it be an improvement for hib casters to get a new free baseline snare at the cost of a slight nerf to stun range ? that`s what hibs would like to make us believe at least, or they want to create that impression.

it is easy to drop any argument over something you don`t agree with as a whine and discard it... i was presenting an opinion and an alternative.

Septina

Part of the furniture
I agree that hib baseline stun is way over the top but here's a newsflash for you, this game isnt fair nor balanced.
Almost every class in this game has something that others will label as overpowered.
If you want to play a game where every class has the same thing might i suggest you consider World of Warcraft cause we all know how much fun that game is when both sides has exactly the same abilities. :)

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
i have the option to SPEC for a tool that give me a chance to counter baseline stun. sounds like a good deal to me. NOT

i guess you could call it like that. i would call it `trying to make you see the situation from the other side`.

and wouldn`t it be an improvement for hib casters to get a new free baseline snare at the cost of a slight nerf to stun range ? that`s what hibs would like to make us believe at least, or they want to create that impression.

it is easy to drop any argument over something you don`t agree with as a whine and discard it... i was presenting an opinion and an alternative.
I've played in alb on caster.It's not so hard to kill hib casters really.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
I agree that hib baseline stun is way over the top but here's a newsflash for you, this game isnt fair nor balanced.
Almost every class in this game has something that others will label as overpowered.
If you want to play a game where every class has the same thing might i suggest you consider World of Warcraft cause we all know how much fun that game is when both sides has exactly the same abilities. :)

do please bother to actually read what i said instead of just forming a standard reply after reading half a sentence and responding to 2 keywords in that first part of the first sentence.

this game is fair nor balanced. i know, you know, most people know.

where did i say i wanted all classes to be equal ?

i said `nerf range on baseline stun and give hibs a new tool as compensation`

gone say it AGAIN :

nerf range on baseline stun and give hibs a new tool as compensation

and even in bold now :

nerf range on baseline stun and give hibs a new tool as compensation`

what`s the part you don`t get or don`t understand ?

Septina

Part of the furniture

That is where you'll finally end up tho? People will always find something ingame overpowered and cry for the nerfbat.

'Omg, this class has baseline st0n, please nurf!!11'
'Omg, this class has a Heal over Time, please nurf!!11'
'Omg, this class just slammed me, wtfs!?!? Please nurf!!11'

Etc etc etc. :p

World of Warcraft took the easy way out in balancing the game by giving both realms exactly the same things hence, no people whining about 'OMG THIS REALM HAS THIS AND THAT ITS SO UNFAIR'.

Kek?

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
I've played in alb on caster.It's not so hard to kill hib casters really.

it depends.

during the short periods i have been specced fire i found it rather easy in general to kill any other caster. get 2 bolts out before the target gets in 1650 range and ka-tching, there`s xxxx rp.

but i think fire is boring... brutally efficient, but boring.

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
do please bother to actually read what i said instead of just forming a standard reply after reading half a sentence and responding to 2 keywords in that first part of the first sentence.

this game is fair nor balanced. i know, you know, most people know.

i said `nerf range on baseline stun and give hibs a new tool as compensation`

gone say it AGAIN :

nerf range on baseline stun and give hibs a new tool as compensation

and even in bold now :

nerf range on baseline stun and give hibs a new tool as compensation`

what`s the part you don`t get or don`t understand ?
Ok so u'd recommend changing stun range.I'd say that wizard bolts should do 50% dmg they do atm thats compared what dmg 50 void spec eld bolts do.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
That is where you'll finally end up tho? People will always find something ingame overpowered and cry for the nerfbat.

'Omg, this class has baseline st0n, please nurf!!11'
'Omg, this class has a Heal over Time, please nurf!!11'
'Omg, this class just slammed me, wtfs!?!? Please nurf!!11'

Etc etc etc. :p

World of Warcraft took the easy way out in balancing the game by giving both realms exactly the same things hence, no people whining about 'OMG THIS REALM HAS THIS AND THAT ITS SO UNFAIR'.

Kek?

your interpretation, not my saying.

i have root, which is good vs mellee classes. hibs have same range stun which is good against casters.

i propose to enhance hib anti mellee options by giving them a new basline snare and slightly downtuning their baseline stun anti caster tool.

i didn`t say i want stun, i didn`t say i want hibs to lose it.

i propose a balancing measure and want opinions about what hibs think about it.

lose a bit of power vs casteres, gain a bit of power against tanks.

this is NOT your average whine imho.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Ok so u'd recommend changing stun range.I'd say that wizard bolts should do 50% dmg they do atm thats compared what dmg 50 void spec eld bolts do.

i thought hibs and mids get access to spec AF with patch 1.87.

i think that will change more than the maybe 10 points of extra delve on wizard spec bolt.

the big difference is AF, not bolt delve.

i can not imagine that a runny with same rr, ra setup and stuff will hit a hib for 30 points less than a fire wiz would hit with his bolts.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
it depends.

during the short periods i have been specced fire i found it rather easy in general to kill any other caster. get 2 bolts out before the target gets in 1650 range and ka-tching, there`s xxxx rp.

but i think fire is boring... brutally efficient, but boring.

Try earth spec then, it's pretty fun. Then you get the top nearsight with the same range as other classes get on their ns, and the top matter bolt, good variance on base fire bolt, snare ae, single snare with op 2.8 casting time and additionally an ae dot. It's a pretty cool spec. The nearsight gets a piggyback 15% matter debuff also. I've hit some casters for 1k+ with matter bolt after nearsight/debuff without crit and with no relic bonuses at rr3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom