Fao Goa

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I dont know if people remember but in fairly early SI ther was a bugged bow in hib that 2 shot people, it was made un-equipable until it was fixed, which was the right thing to do, question is, why dont they do that with eirenes, we just ran into a fg with at least 2 of the tanks abusing the bug (becomeing virtually un-killable) and its just silly, its a bug and using it is cheating, its yet another reason why rvr is not worth it atm.

Carrera

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
I dont know if people remember but in fairly early SI ther was a bugged bow in hib that 2 shot people, it was made un-equipable until it was fixed, which was the right thing to do, question is, why dont they do that with eirenes, we just ran into a fg with at least 2 of the tanks abusing the bug (becomeing virtually un-killable) and its just silly, its a bug and using it is cheating, its yet another reason why rvr is not worth it atm.

Err the 'bug' (more of an exploit really) is when people use mobs to make it proc. If you hit them in melee and it procs its hairdly their fault is it? As for making it unequippable.. what about the time and money people have put into their templates? Only to have it stripped from them after they have been using it for months+ and can't use it anymore just because of some bug. That idea is unfair and not practical at all.
I remember when eirenes was bugged in 1.69? I think and it procced arrogance about 80% of the time when hit in melee. Obviously was very overpowered until they fixed it back into a charge, but i didn't hear any whines/mentions of it at the time.
Anyway, yeye Eirenes is bugged and overpowered, but you just have to live with it until its fixed, whining about it (again) is pointless

Harle

Fledgling Freddie
Carrera said:
Err the 'bug' (more of an exploit really) is when people use mobs to make it proc. If you hit them in melee and it procs its hairdly their fault is it?

Doesn't really make any difference how the proc is triggered - the proc itself is bugged - it is supposed to expire after absorbing 1 nuke, and it stays on for 10 mins, maybe more. That's not the way it's supposed to be, so it should be changed.

As for making it unequippable.. what about the time and money people have put into their templates? Only to have it stripped from them after they have been using it for months+ and can't use it anymore just because of some bug. That idea is unfair and not practical at all.

It's not like they lose the item permanently. It will be just unuseable untill it gets fixed. Noone cared if people spent time and money on getting the mentioned bow - it was bugged, it was made unuseable untill fixed - perfect solution.

The biggest concern I have atm is that the bug-fix for eirenes is a hotfix for 1.71, namely 1.71c. When you check the knowledge database of Rightnow for the patchnotes of 1.71 ( the next patch we will get) it says 1.71a+b and doesn't mention the eirene fix anywhere.
I know several people filed a RightNow report about the hauberk, and everyone got an answer along the lines of "we will check the matter and make sure it doesn't happen anymore in the future", yet nothing has changed, and the existance of the bug is being ignored and not even mentioned in the friday news.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Shrooms and pets that hit you through walls or out of LoS, is that bug abuse?

:m00:

Marc

FH is my second home
Raven, was it a random group or a set group, can u remember?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well its hard to tell these days because of all the arti cloaks, but they played pretty well so i assume it was a set group.

Marc

FH is my second home
It may have been ours as we were tank heavy last night, but we all wear GoV. I was saying in /g that hib nukes were nuking for fuck all last night. Can assure u though, if it was our group not one of us uses that hauberk

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
It may have been ours as we were tank heavy last night, but we all wear GoV. I was saying in /g that hib nukes were nuking for fuck all last night. Can assure u though, if it was our group not one of us uses that hauberk

Nah it wasnt your group, you see:

Raven said:
they played pretty well

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
Loosey said:
run with tanks.. omfg non fotm setup.. god forbid.
theres no such thing as tanks on hib mate, the few ones there was quitted 8<

Marc

FH is my second home
lofff said:
theres no such thing as tanks on hib mate, the few ones there was quitted 8<

Im sure LA been running a few BM groups recently, well, at least, i saw the LA cloak flying about

Marc

FH is my second home
noaim said:
I wouldnt be up at this hour if I did ;) You?

No, i suffer from SAD so find it hard to sleep in winter :(

Joking aside, im sure i actually do suffer from it :( Bet your winters are pretty harsh over there in sweden.

oh, and yeah, nerf that proc goa

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
Shrooms and pets that hit you through walls or out of LoS, is that bug abuse?

Shrooms are fnf, so how can it be bug abuse?

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
Shrooms are fnf, so how can it be bug abuse?

Oh i didn't realise that shrooms nuking through walls or out of LoS was a feature.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
Oh i didn't realise that shrooms nuking through walls or out of LoS was a feature.

Quit whining about being owned by bluecon imovable pets tbh, its not really relevent to any sensible discussion about hotfixing any arti, we could argue about any class and why its overpowered or not. But whining about animists just highlights your lack of skills and appreciation for what does need fixing.

here have a cow back :m00:

RaiztliN

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:

The idea is ok, but I really don't understand why they aren't launching the hotfix now insted of waiting?
On the other hand, eirenes is availible to all realms, which might make it more "balanced" than the bow you mentioned, but dunno :(

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
Quit whining about being owned by bluecon imovable pets tbh, its not really relevent to any sensible discussion about hotfixing any arti, we could argue about any class and why its overpowered or not. But whining about animists just highlights your lack of skills and appreciation for what does need fixing.

here have a cow back :m00:

:) I never said that animists were overpowered, and i wasn't whining about them (it was actually about all pets in general). There are bugs with pets LoS and Pathing, to the exent that some will still nuke if you run out of LoS.

In that case should GoA stop pets from being used until they fix it, which is what you are saying about eirines.

As for my lack of skills and appreciation for what does need fixing, do you think the pets LoS and pathing problems is not more serious then eirienes?

After all Pet LoS and Pathing effects more people than Eirines, but your right my lack of L33T skills clearly do not reflect that :)

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
As for my lack of skills and appreciation for what does need fixing, do you think the pets LoS and pathing problems is not more serious then eirienes?

In the general scheme of things I dont think pet LoS and pathing problems are as serious by a long way. Yeah there are bugs there, but they dont affect the game balance or outcome of a fight as much as someone running around with god mode hauberk on. Fixing pet issues is a huge coding job that only Mythic could possibly attempt and theres no way it could be 'hotfixed' whereas the hauberk could be made non-equipable with a small hotfix exactly as was done for the verdant recurve bow when that was found to be truly broken.
There lots of inequalities in the game, the way the 3 realms where designed means that every class/realm can argue that they are deficient somewhere, you might think that something else needs fixing with a higher priority, but unless its something that can be 'hotfixed' then theres really no point at all brining it into this debate is there?

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
I actually dont think that bugged proc is all that overpowered.

Imo tanks have it tough enough in the game as it is.
And yes, I have met ppl. with this proc on numerous times.

Sometimes you die, sometimes you are smart and mess/root/snare them and
get away. I actually managed to sprint from one guy with my pet smacking his
behind till he died.

I know this is mostly viable in solo and smaller fights, but still, all realms have it.

Helme

Resident Freddy
But its still abuse, tanks having a hard time is not a exuse for leaving it without hotfixing.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Eirenes needs fixing and fast for sure.

And animist pets really need to check los and range tbh. If I go near them with my pbaoe on, they will keep nuking me till they kill me even if I move 3 zones away meanwhile! :eek7:

echekiel

Fledgling Freddie
its the most pathetic version i saw ok its a big one but OMG no hotfix, nothing to repair lag, tons of bug abuse.... ( and i dont say anything about the ppl who use radar nice to give them holliday during Xmas) and Mythic say that its normal I give a big LOL at mythic work.

bult

Loyal Freddie
If you make the hauberk unusable until fixed that means people that have it in thier template cant play until its fixed wich seems abit unfair. No hauberk = template crap = sucks to play.

I dont have the hauberk and neither does anyone in my group but that still sounds abit too much for me. How hard can it be to do a hotfix so that the procc never go off or something equally simple.

Aonmeamna

Fledgling Freddie
If you make the hauberk unusable until fixed that means people that have it in thier template cant play

Now that is a silly comment, they could just get another hauberk in the meantime, especially considering most don't have it.

echekiel

Fledgling Freddie
Aonmeamna said:
Now that is a silly comment, they could just get another hauberk in the meantime, especially considering most don't have it.

The thing that sux is that we only getting the SAME version as US so it mean that they know what bug there is but they only interested in translating version but LOL what a j/k what is the point of asking ppl to report bug during test if they dont correct it as the NAME bug that was report by every1 but NO mythic is too tired to make a little hotfix for some little bug that is a pain.
But lots of ppl start to complain and as they didnt give it a shit its normal that they lose ppl but when i remenber how they were at the beggining they were always doing there job but now as DAoC is a well know MMORPG they start to sleep and they know that if they lose 2ppl they get 10new 1 so they dont really matter about what ppl complain atleast its the opinion i get since i play (the beggining) and its worst and worst. Rightnow is More and more Chaotic but its not the problem that is ask here :)

Aonmeamna

Fledgling Freddie
I sort of agree, but I think the proposed temporary suspension is a good solution. The patch support may not be as good as you would hope for. But it's a lot better than many. I play another game, Rise of Nations, and the makers of that released a patch that broke the game and it's been months and months and they still haven't released a patch to fix what the broke (the game crashes now). Though there is a pach in beta testing. Now that is pants. Imagine if 1.70 logged you out every 30 mins? and it was months without a fix?

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
Aonmeamna said:
I sort of agree, but I think the proposed temporary suspension is a good solution. The patch support may not be as good as you would hope for. But it's a lot better than many. I play another game, Rise of Nations, and the makers of that released a patch that broke the game and it's been months and months and they still haven't released a patch to fix what the broke (the game crashes now). Though there is a pach in beta testing. Now that is pants. Imagine if 1.70 logged you out every 30 mins? and it was months without a fix?

Saying the patchs in xxxxxx game was worse doesnt make anyone feel better.

bult

Loyal Freddie
Aonmeamna said:
They will loose out on str cap:5 style dmg 4% melee dmg 4% if they get a crafted hauberk. The users of this hauberk should not be punished like that for something they have absolutely no control of.

Just remove the procc until its fixed... cant be hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom