FAO: Glottis

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

-Nuked-

want to explain how you was shooting into AMG room with doors closed and no 1 near any windows? (for over 2 minutes):eek: im just curious.

bug abuse?

L

loxleyhood

Archers can shoot through walls if you are in their line of sight when they first pull the bow. It is fixed in an upcoming patch.

B

behatch

Originally posted by loxleyhood
Archers can shoot through walls if you are in their line of sight when they first pull the bow. It is fixed in an upcoming patch.

that sounds like a well thought up excuse imo! :p

N

-Nuked-

so its a bug this patch then?

if yes, then he is abusing it! right?

N

-Nuked-

Originally posted by Appollo
volley?

we were in the room for over 5 mins. i dont know much about volley, can it hit for 1044 damage? is it on a timer? if so how long does it last

A

angara-ffs

ramble ramble ramble ramble ramble ramble ramble ramble ramble
ramble ramble ramble
ramble ramble ramble ramble ramble ramble ramble ramble ramble ramble ramble ramble ramble ramble ramble ramble ramble ramble
ramble ramble ramble

Regards,

Glottis

L

loxleyhood

Pfft......... it's very hard not to abuse this bug.

A

Appollo

Originally posted by -Nuked-
we were in the room for over 5 mins. i dont know much about volley, can it hit for 1044 damage? is it on a timer? if so how long does it last

maybe he got anti-Essex boi arrows? :p

L

loxleyhood

You got crit shotted. In which case you were almost certainly in Christel's LOS because it takes a while to load and you have to be standing still for it to work when it hits.

P

pitspawn

He's using rare arrows that are so strong they penetrate the brickwork of amg IMO :) If it gets fixed in a future patch you better get used to it because you know what GOA are like for patching us upto date :m00:

N

-Nuked-

Pfft......... it's very hard not to abuse this bug.

ok, so you cant stop shooting when you notice they are out of your vision? i guess his finger just spasm's on the crit shot button alot and he cant help it?

A

Aussie-

if there are alot enemies in a certain area you have a chance to lag through walls if you move alot, even if you have a super T3 connection. A smart archer keeps his bow loaded every sec in wallfights so from the moment you lag a bit though walls you're hit. Only thing you can do is stop moving arround from Ndoor to Sdoor in AMG wall .
If thats not it, then he's shooting with volley, easy to recognise..15sec delay between each shot

N

-Nuked-

You got crit shotted. In which case you were almost certainly in Christel's LOS because it takes a while to load and you have to be standing still for it to work when it hits.

the 1044 was in the middle of the room sorta, with the doors closed JUST after i had been rezzed, litrally ... 3seconds after no longer, and i have witnesses ... you cant crit shot every 3seconds i dont think, i had buffs down and was rez sick, so maybe it was just normal damage, but still i should have been out of view .. either way, even when i was buffed (and being guarded) he was shooting throw the wall.

L

loxleyhood

===================================

Dark Age of Camelot

Version 1.64 Release Notes

Tuesday, August 12, 2003

===================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- Archer line of sight is now checked both at the draw and the release of a shot.

So this isn't actually a bug, it's just that in a future patch it will be calculated differently.

K

kameh

Even if you move slightly you'll ghost a lot if it's laggy at all for the archer, I've had this happen a few times to be with spells too btw, not just when I'm the one doing the hitting with my archer. Assassins probably get this a lot too when jumping out of a keep, archer readies his bow and shoots even though the assassin jumped out of sight 0.5secs earlier the arrow still gets him. I don't know about other archers but I tend to keep my bow cocked if I get the "out of sight/range" message and just look for something else to hit..

Needs sorted but then again I don't hear you moaning about volley being able to go through roofs... ;) or hasn't anyone noticed this?

I don't see casters moaning about lag getting me nearsighted even though I've jumped behind a wall..

N

-Nuked-

ok well basically it looks like it isnt a bug BUT it could still class as 1 if you go by the laws of logic that tells us you cant shoot throw walls. ;) you cant tell me its hard not to abuse this "bug", if you know you cant see the person, then dont fire .. change your target. Im not going to say i wouldn't abuse this bug if i had the chance, because i dont know that till the time comes and i get the chance, but for someone who whines so much about anything and everything, i must say play by the rules or fuck off whining.

L

loxleyhood

It is not a bug. It is just that the game will calculate archer LOS differently in 1.64.

N

-Nuked-

edited lox, ty for looking it up.

skaven: im a caster, when i see a lag ghost in a room, i would try and DD it, just incase it isn't my spells wouldnt work if it was because they arnt in my line of sight. the fact i was checking up on why he can shoot through walls is hardly me whining, but see what you want, you will anyway.:rolleyes:

S

Skaven

Checking is cool, and advised before you start throwing words like ''bug abuse'' around. i.e your first post.

Edited my other post anyway, might of been a bit too strong :)

L

loxleyhood

I think you should close this thread. FAO: Glottis is playing with matches.

N

-Nuked-

Originally posted by Skaven
Checking is cool, and advised before you start throwing words like ''bug abuse'' around. i.e your first post.

Edited my other post anyway, might of been a bit too strong :)

i still see it as a bug because it isnt working how it should. a bug is a problem with something that needs fixing. and as this is getting fixed, i'd say its a bug, even if they dont use the word bug in the patch notes ;)

S

Spamb0t

i still see it as a bug because it isnt working how it should. a bug is a problem with something that needs fixing. and as this is getting fixed, i'd say its a bug, even if they dont use the word bug in the patch notes ;)

with that u mean every chanter using the debuff as it is atm is bugabusing? ;o

N

-Nuked-

Originally posted by Spamb0t
with that u mean every chanter using the debuff as it is atm is bugabusing? ;o

a caster that can hit targets for the same damage as a tank when they use debuff and its not resisted, yes mad bugabuse!! :rolleyes: and i forgot about how they can shoot through walls for 1k+ dmg every 4seconds. forgive me!

S

Spamb0t

i mean.. as its getting changed.. to lower duration.. those using it the full dur now.. must be bugabusing according to u... as its getting 'fixed' in a later patch

N

-Nuked-

not at all. the "problem" with debuff is the fact it debuffs for too much. not that it debuffs when you cant see the target.

its just getting changed. not getting fixed. casters take more damage, have lower hp and cant cast when someone blows in your hair, if you think taking away 1 of the only possitive spells from a class who has all these negatives is a good idea, then i must disagree. a caster is a caster, they wear light armor and should do heavy damage as compensation, this isn't the case due to resistance and other things. ranged stealthers should be using the same coding as the casters, i dont understand why it has only just be fixed or its only just now being changed, if casters could DD through walls, i'd be RR9 :p

edit: on the other hand maybe your right, bad choice of words on my part .. but still,
shooting through a wall!!!? ... :rolleyes: unless your arrows are the size of a ram, shooting through a wall isnt usually much of an option!
debuffing for alot .... as long as you can see what your debuffing, sure why not

C

choonz

"ok well basically it looks like it isnt a bug BUT it could still class as 1 if you go by the laws of logic that tells us you cant shoot throw walls. you cant tell me its hard not to abuse this "bug", if you know you cant see the person, then dont fire "

No offence, but try playing an Archer in this situation and you will see that it isnt as easy as that.
Example : One of the butthead little one-skill Hibs who camp the room TIME AFTER TIME AFTER TIME comes to the door, You draw crit.....right at the last second he moves behind the wall....he still gets hit. We cant do anything about it in those situations.
Its the same with Keeps, more apparant in the BG because you spend more time in front of em though. You see someone on a wall, you draw, they drop off the wall and you still hit em.

Thats all before you take lag ghosts into consideration. LoS is also calculated from our feet btw, which is extremely lame, so it aint all good ;)

A

andruril

All savages must stop playing till they get nerfed then, bug-abusing bastards, they're a bugged class... :wall:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread