FA cup final!

Corran

Part of the furniture
But united will not be able to replace scholes. Thats the worry. Carrick is no where near the class of scholes
I honestly cant think of another midfielder in the world who you could guarantee would come in and do as good a job as scholes, such is the premiership. Look at Veron a few years ago. He was top drawer in serie a, came to the premership and was dog shit.

Aye we wont be able to replace Scholes... or Giggs for that matter. But they got maybe 2 seasons of playing at their best ability. Scholes is such a good playmaker because not only has he got the touch and vision, he has got that highly competitive edge that some players dont have in which if the opposition has the ball he will do whatever it takes to get it back, and is happy to also get physical.

With this purchase we are stronger position to play the attacking football we like.

VDS
Neville Ferdi Vidic Heinze(better defender then evra)

Hargraves
Scholes Carrick

Ronaldo Giggs
Rooney

In my opinion that the team and formation based on current players in the team which will prove to be a strong all round team and still highly focused on the attacking football that suits them best.

Hargraves can protect the defence well leaving 5 players more freedom of attack. Currently we dont have that midfielder that can protect the back line which gives some problems, especially when Ronaldo doesnt track back(his biggest weakness)

I believe that Fergi only needs to purchase one more world class attacker to fit into the forward 3. Still not a big fan of Saha and think Rossi needs maybe 1 more season before he is ready, though hopefully we start giving the lad the odd game next season against some 'lesser' teams and in cup competition to see what he can do over here. Talk about getting Owen and though he will suit a pacey attack Im not sure about his fitness and he is injury prone nowdays.

Marc

FH is my second home
From what ive heard, Torres is pretty much a done deal. Ive also heard united are sniffing around Anderson from Porto. This would be an amazing signing, if, he can adjust to the premiership. Hes much better than Ronaldinho was at the same age and all the top clubs want him. Hes an attacking midfielder/left winger.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Not sure on Torres as a signing, though he is a decent player I have not been overly impressed with alot of his performances.
Anderson though would be a good signing but it all depends on how quickly he can adapt to the English game if he does come over.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Good signing for Utd that.

From what i've read Chelsea are getting 3-4 ish in (defender/midfielder/striker) and 3-4 out, no high profile signings either thankfully.

Sidwell seems to be a done deal, ideally i'd like to see Alex come in (i'm pretty sure this is a done deal too from what i've read), and Alves in so we have a well established right-back. Not sure about a striker. I'd love to see Benni McCarthy come in, but the african nations cup this season might mean he doesn't :(

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
Good signing for Utd that.

From what i've read Chelsea are getting 3-4 ish in (defender/midfielder/striker) and 3-4 out, no high profile signings either thankfully.

Sidwell seems to be a done deal, ideally i'd like to see Alex come in (i'm pretty sure this is a done deal too from what i've read), and Alves in so we have a well established right-back. Not sure about a striker. I'd love to see Benni McCarthy come in, but the african nations cup this season might mean he doesn't :(

who wil leave you think?

robben? Shevchenko?

Vladamir

FH is my second home
who wil leave you think?

robben? Shevchenko?

Neither imo.

Peter Kenyon has said that Sheva/Ballack will both be staying as they've signed 3/4 year deals and will aim to see them out.

I'd like to see Johnson sign a permanent deal at Pompey, he's just not Chelsea caliber, perhaps Geremi to go too as he doesn't get enough game time realistically.

Boulharouz has to go, he's been an utter waste of space.

I'm not sure who else will go. I do think though with the new signings coming in there'll be a bit more rotation in the squad than last year. With Ballack/Lampard/Mikel/Essien/Makalele all competant midfielders and Cole/Robben/Kalou/SWP to deal with wing play theres plenty of opportunity to switch between 4-4-2 and 4-3-3.

J s p

Loyal Freddie
Just got back from wembley, my god that stadium is fecking brilliant!

Shame ground was only half full, but still great atmosphere.

J s p

Loyal Freddie
Hargreaves signing

hmm 17m is way too much again. I guess Carrick will be playing less games next season...

He should be concentrating on finding a replacement for Neville/Scholes/Giggs and also a realiable striker instead of Saha.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Hargreaves signing

hmm 17m is way too much again. I guess Carrick will be playing less games next season...

He should be concentrating on finding a replacement for Neville/Scholes/Giggs and also a realiable striker instead of Saha.

To be honest, 17million is pretty average price. He is a highly effective midfielder in that holding role. Admittingly, it was slightly inflated price. About 12-15million is what I would rate him at if he recaptures his previous form, got to remember he is still quite young, however because it Man Utd and Munich knew how desperate to sign them Utd were then they were able to up the price a bit. When someone puts in an offer at 3 seperate stages of a season then you know you can make a little extra.

gohan

FH is my second home
Hargreaves signing

thier trying to sign michael owen for 11 million, IF he can stay injury free he'll be quality for them tbh, legened an liverpool an england, scored liek 16 goals for madrid in 1 season despite palying 5-10 each game, an got 8 in 14 an newcastle

still top quality imo

J s p

Loyal Freddie
thier trying to sign michael owen for 11 million, IF he can stay injury free he'll be quality for them tbh, legened an liverpool an england, scored liek 16 goals for madrid in 1 season despite palying 5-10 each game, an got 8 in 14 an newcastle

still top quality imo

Owen will never sign for Utd.

I think we will sign Huntelaar from Ajax tbh, and Bale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom