FA cup final!

Vladamir

FH is my second home
And are aiming to become profitable in 2009/10 iirc.

Eitherway perhaps the goal that was or wasn't is payback for Roy Carroll ;)

Corran

Part of the furniture
And are aiming to become profitable in 2009/10 iirc.

Eitherway perhaps the goal that was or wasn't is payback for Roy Carroll ;)

Aye maybe it was payback. But hey, as said we got the league back which is enough :) maybe next year we go for a double/triple, but holding onto the league will be a challenge in its own right. Chelsea really need to think about Lampard/Terry though and offer them equal to the 2 rejects that came in this year.

Any other club losing the amount of money that chelsea have since the Russian money bank came in would be in serious financial trouble. Still think something should be done in line with Wages:Turnover. Would only affect the larger teams as the smaller ones generally have to be more money concious.

Eck. Think i go play planetside for a bit and kill some people. Even dying in that is more entertaining then the match :p

Vladamir

FH is my second home
I agree with you about the wages, things need to be sorted out.

JT and Lamps have both expressed their love for the club and want to see out their careers at Chelsea which is great - now it's just a case of negotiating the appropriate contracts.

Sheva and Ballack should have their wages halved the way they've played this season, if not shown the door out :p

Himse

FH is my second home
Crap game, watched a bit of it at work but

GG Chelsea i guess :p

gohan

FH is my second home
regarding the foul on cech ect... my guess is the decided it didnt cross the line, if they thought it had crossed they line i assume/hope it would have been disalowed seeing as giggs basicly drop kicked cech 3-4 feet into his own net

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Found this on the BBC website;

_42946499_cup9.jpg

:D

Keitan

Banned
Well Man Utd are the actual winners due to the goal that was not given when over the line. Im sure Jose wont say that it was a mistake by the officials because everything always goes against his side.

Chelsea win in their typical style. But hey, with all the money they spent they need a semi decent trophy. At the start the season i would take just the league so wont complain to much.

All in all, poor game! Not the best way to open wembley to the first major final :(

that made me lol.. you should know alot about chelseas play style shouldnt you :D everyone does it... you got a goal scoren against u in the last 2 minutes so bloody what... you lost the game now stop qq

Vladamir

FH is my second home
that made me lol.. you should know alot about chelseas play style shouldnt you :D everyone does it... you got a goal scoren against u in the last 2 minutes so bloody what... you lost the game now stop qq

I expect you to adhere to the same style on Wednesday then.

<3 to Deebs as well :D

Corran

Part of the furniture

Ha ha. You really are a fool because scoring in the last 2 minutes is not what i was refering to, dumb arse. You come in with typical Keitan style, clueless and making little sense. You will realise from the further posts losing the game to Chelsea dont bother me, only thing that bothers me about chelsea is their financial situation and the glory hunting portion of their fans.

With 'Chelsea style" Im talking about the fact that they had a very unconvincing performance (both teams did infact) and mainly relied on hitting it up long to Drogba to knock down and hope for the best. They rarely attack in an attractive manner, they just dog it out and somehow manage to get a goal.

gohan

FH is my second home
I expect you to adhere to the same style on Wednesday then.

<3 to Deebs as well :D

were gonna win

on penalties

its what we do

in last 6 years birmingham AC Chelsea Blackburn Thotenham (both league cup QQ) have felt our penalty wrath

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Corran i was also suprised how quiet Ronaldo was, throughout the second half the ball seldom came to him, and when it did he was diffused pretty quickly.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ha ha. You really are a fool because scoring in the last 2 minutes is not what i was refering to, dumb arse. You come in with typical Keitan style, clueless and making little sense. You will realise from the further posts losing the game to Chelsea dont bother me, only thing that bothers me about chelsea is their financial situation and the glory hunting portion of their fans.

With 'Chelsea style" Im talking about the fact that they had a very unconvincing performance (both teams did infact) and mainly relied on hitting it up long to Drogba to knock down and hope for the best. They rarely attack in an attractive manner, they just dog it out and somehow manage to get a goal.

No need to call someone a dumbarse. Anyway, Chelsea does indeed have a lot of money, who cares? Certainly not the Chelsea fanbase. All they want is the tin at the end of the day. Today they got a return on the investment.

As to today's cup final, yeh, the match was mostly boring but at the end of the day Chelsea scored due to their ability to sustain a hard slog against their opponents. If their strategy was the long ball to Drogba it worked. Why penalise them for following a strategy. Both teams are tired. That was very apparent and when you have the top 2 teams in the country playing each other it was always going to be a very strategic and boring game.

The ManU goal was controversial. My belief is that giggs forced the keeper over the line due to his momentum. Personally I don't think that should have been given as a goal for this very fact.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Quite a bore that match to be honest.

The ManU goal incident was not a goal. Cech was forced over the line by Giggs rushing in at great velocity.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
were gonna win

on penalties

its what we do

in last 6 years birmingham AC Chelsea Blackburn Thotenham (both league cup QQ) have felt our penalty wrath

No way it will go so far.. if AC can play like they did agianst Man Utd, Liverpool has close to no chance of winning tbh.. :)

gohan

FH is my second home
hahah i cant belive the ammount of noobs that write liverpool off STILL, especialy after 2005, how much chance would you give liverpool of winning at 3-0 down when they barely touched the ball an milan were playing phenominaly?

they players all knew every1 thought they had no chance an they thrived on
it

this time round milan are a slightly weaker team (mostly same team minus shevchenko an maldini is getting on)

an liverpool are stronger (5th that season 3rd this, only striker eligable for europe was milan baros, this year we have crouch and kuyt/ well and bellamy an fowler but i see crouch an kuyt playing)

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Spurs for next years FA cup final!!!

Gogogogo my local team!!!

soze

I am a FH squatter
i can't wait for the transfers to start coming in now to see how the Liverpool fan base change. And instead of slagging of Chel$ki for buying the title they will start defending it saying we were like Chelsea we would have won without the 60mil it just helped! :)

Corran

Part of the furniture
Corran i was also suprised how quiet Ronaldo was, throughout the second half the ball seldom came to him, and when it did he was diffused pretty quickly.

He barely got the ball, the United front line was not rotating positions which is its major strength. When they are constantly changing position they are hard to pick up however cant say i saw that. Think most the problem is we set up in a 4-4-2 more then the strong 4-3-3 that we play. Giggs came in as a withdrawn attacker and fletcher sat on the right wing which is not his real strength. Limited us to just Ronaldo as an outlet and he constantly double up'd on as he was not changing his position and mainly hugged the touch line.

No need to call someone a dumbarse. Anyway, Chelsea does indeed have a lot of money, who cares? Certainly not the Chelsea fanbase. All they want is the tin at the end of the day. Today they got a return on the investment.

It Keitan - it is necessary to call him that in general, because it basically the common thought of him due to previous posts. Think he the only person on this forum that does deserve it :p

And I care about the finances because it actually hurts football in the long run. Financial competition between the top teams is good, but not in the way Chelsea are doing it. Unfortunately others will follow and teams going to get in trouble and go into administration thus hurting the game. Im sure if Roman gets annoyed and walks Chelsea will really care about the situation as they will go into administration, possibly having to fold as a club and start back down in Wimbledon style.
Chelsea fans dont care about the money, why? Because 90% of the "fans" only started to support them after they received it and started winning things. They couldnt even sell out their stadium on a regular bases before the money came which supports that.
And the cups they won this season in no way is a return on the investment they put into the club this season. Lots of money on transfers and wages, especially shev and ballack, and in the end they didnt win either the big two titles. I would be disappointed in that personally as a manager, player or fan. But no doubt they will come back strong next season, and hopefully we have another good title race

Marc

FH is my second home

Chelsea got their tactics right. Never leave him one on one. Clubs are starting to realise now, put two men on him and you nulify the threat. Like Milan did.

Marc

FH is my second home
i can't wait for the transfers to start coming in now to see how the Liverpool fan base change. And instead of slagging of Chel$ki for buying the title they will start defending it saying we were like Chelsea we would have won without the 60mil it just helped! :)

Liverpool can lay claim to something that no other team can, or will ever be able to. They dominated the english league when it was impossible to "buy" the title

gohan

FH is my second home

they wont have anything like the money chel$ki have, and benitez wont go on a spree he'll buy a striker an then like maybe a right back, our midfield is fine, kewell gonzales gerrard sissoko aslonso macherano pennant garcia, 8 palyers all wanting regular first team games, so i dont thing their will be any more midfielders inc

Marc

FH is my second home
Well least on the back of that defeat we have got a bit of good news, and we werent held to ransom for the 20+million that they were wanting at one stage

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Man Utd | Bayern confirm sale of Hargreaves

Will tighten up that midfield a bit more and i can see 4-3-3 becoming more of the norm now that we got a more defencive minded guy to sit in middle of midfield

But united will not be able to replace scholes. Thats the worry. Carrick is no where near the class of scholes

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Hargreaves is a good buy imo, and ofc they can't replace scholes he's a legend. Not a manu fan myself but soem of the goals he's pulled off over the years have been amazing.

Marc

FH is my second home
Hargreaves is a good buy imo, and ofc they can't replace scholes he's a legend. Not a manu fan myself but soem of the goals he's pulled off over the years have been amazing.

I honestly cant think of another midfielder in the world who you could guarantee would come in and do as good a job as scholes, such is the premiership. Look at Veron a few years ago. He was top drawer in serie a, came to the premership and was dog shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom