Extra AF!

FoxeH

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Jan 22, 2004
Messages
398
While I was in DF today farming diamonds a strange thing occurred! After I pulled the mob it came over and managed to hit me, the second it did I got the spell casting animation of the level 40 Wizard/Teurgist Shield spell, took a look at the top of my screen and saw this.



Stacked with my self AF shield and also allowing me to run shield chant, Giving me a lovely extra 201 AF!
Happened to anyone else?
 

Chilly

Balls of steel
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
9,046
sounds like a one off to me loads of random unique bugs about, also your link is borked.
 

*Ialkarn

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
81
FoxeH said:
While I was in DF today farming diamonds a strange thing occurred! After I pulled the mob it came over and managed to hit me, the second it did I got the spell casting animation of the level 40 Wizard/Teurgist Shield spell, took a look at the top of my screen and saw this.

Stacked with my self AF shield and also allowing me to run shield chant, Giving me a lovely extra 201 AF!
Happened to anyone else?
It happens sometimes,intercepting something for a member of your group;the first time it happened to me was a few patchs ago,after that it happened quite often,sometimes you get green shield too instead of the red one.
 

FoxeH

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Jan 22, 2004
Messages
398
Ah I see, I was intercepting an attack for our cleric, must of been that which caused it
 

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Messages
335
eek, what was your total af?
should have gotten some mota5 bot base af, respecced for red chant and respecced to mota 5 yourself, also get lvl 3 armor of faith and an af charge
and if you do this in toa pre 1.68 patch...

can you spell 1500 af? :p
 

Justin

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 26, 2003
Messages
82
I've had the same thing to, red green and blue shields.
Always a Elementalist one anyway.

Even tho you get the buff on your bar and the cast gfx to when it happens, it doesnt actually add to your AF. (atleast does not change the number in your info screen)

Top Pally AF (without mota) is 988, at RR5+ with a MP SC suit and speced 48 chants.

And no, AF has no cap.

You can get 1200+ AF if a armsman in group fires of Soldiers Barricade.
 

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Messages
335
Justin said:
I've had the same thing to, red green and blue shields.
Always a Elementalist one anyway.

Even tho you get the buff on your bar and the cast gfx to when it happens, it doesnt actually add to your AF. (atleast does not change the number in your info screen)

Top Pally AF (without mota) is 988, at RR5+ with a MP SC suit and speced 48 chants.

And no, AF has no cap.

You can get 1200+ AF if a armsman in group fires of Soldiers Barricade.
And what if you add armor of faith 3 and an af charge (does af charge stack with the rest btw? think not, but mabye?) and respec to mota 5? :p
 

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 8, 2004
Messages
1,013
living said:
thought there was a cap AF like buffs? :>
There is in mid, the seer AFbuffs jusr cap your normal AF from armour.

You can get AF charges/procs that add about 75af, but there is no buff to do that.

Bit shit tbh when pallys can give over 100af to its group as well as cleric spec af buff.

Dunno about hibs.
 

Solarius

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 4, 2004
Messages
134
Brunore said:
There is in mid, the seer AFbuffs jusr cap your normal AF from armour.

You can get AF charges/procs that add about 75af, but there is no buff to do that.

Bit shit tbh when pallys can give over 100af to its group as well as cleric spec af buff.

Dunno about hibs.
Nope, Hib has no spec AF buff either. AFAIK, only clerics get this buff, though they don't get the haste available to druids/healers.
 

Justin

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 26, 2003
Messages
82
Korax said:
And what if you add armor of faith 3 and an af charge (does af charge stack with the rest btw? think not, but mabye?) and respec to mota 5? :p
mota 5 give's something like 1050~ without other buffs, AF charge wont stack with Pala AF chant just like spec AF wont, not sure if AoF would stack with SB tho but i'd guess it's pretty similar value. But add ToA +AF and you'd get some pretty high number. :eek6:

I'd like to say how much a PA would land for :p
 

Justin

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 26, 2003
Messages
82
Brunore said:
Bit shit tbh when pallys can give over 100af to its group as well as cleric spec af buff..
Pala Group AF and spec AF buff does not stack dude, that would be pretty sick :X
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom