NVidia drivers affecting DAOC

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The new Nvidia drivers from the other day make DAOC unplayable for a lot of people.

To fix you need to turn off Vsync, which works for most, didn't for me, I had to roll back.

Don't mention it on the Phoenix discord though, you will get muted. Some of the GMs are pretty pathetic at times.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
The new Nvidia drivers from the other day make DAOC unplayable for a lot of people.

To fix you need to turn off Vsync, which works for most, didn't for me, I had to roll back.

Don't mention it on the Phoenix discord though, you will get muted. Some of the GMs are pretty pathetic at times.

Lol it's like they're taking it as if it's a personal attack

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I don't understand.

Why are they upset people have a solution?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Fuck knows, Uthred smacked him down though, unmuted.

In PMs he said something about mentioning other games, because Cyberpunk and DAOC share the same sphere, or whatever logic.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I remember Genesis (or whatever the previous server was called) was ran by a bunch of children with some bloke who never played or got involved with the community actually doing all the work.

That's what put me off Phoenix tbh.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah, seems to be the same with phoenix, a couple of well clued up folk diluted by some actual morons...but its the last place left of DAOC.

I've pretty much decided to not bother helping new players, not worth the grief. Got my NS equipped now and can farm 20p+ a day solo with ranger (animist is old news) if needed, got all LGM, so that's me.

It's got about a year left on it, tops. Tipping point has long gone, devs get quite aggressive if you suggest obvious fixes.

I had an epiphany that I don't actually care any more, I'll get what I can from it now then move on.

It's a shame, but it's their server...

Last edited:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Edit, this is me; Guilds - Phoenix Herald 1 man guild. Guild was started in 2002 on excal, got invited on my first day of playing DAOC, ended up GM then took it over to the US servers, thought it right to recreate the guild on Phoenix too.

I'm playing slightly differently though, I play ranger to make the most RPs with the least amount of deaths, sat at 8L0 with 200 deaths, aim is 10 with less than 500 deaths. Started a void to get as many RPs as I can with the least amount of kills.

If anyone needs any help on hib!

Last edited:

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I might roll on Hib. Got a couple of 50s on Mid but it's a shitshow. RvR is so disorganised and the TG raids during this event have been organised at 4pm and midnight which has pissed me off.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Galla isn't much better tbh, they tend to be at midnight/1am, we only really have one PVE raider and he is a massive chode anyway, has rage quit several times in the middle of a raid.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Also, the Nvidia drivers released yesterday appear to have fixed the stuttering issues.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
At least they have an rvr bg that doesn't split off into 8mans after about 3 minutes. So hard to get those first few RR's without the zerg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom