Experience hotfix

Norvindus

Can't get enough of FH
Different Fortress different warcamp...

One is talking about Stonewatch fortress (dwarf vs Greenskin) where camp is right below it

where as the Reikwall (Empire vs Chaos) war camp is on top of the zone = run thru a complete zone before you reach the fortress.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
back on topic, so do we have this coldfix yet or not?

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
back on topic, so do we have this coldfix yet or not?

Not asfar i'm aware,should be easy to check by going T3 and check how much exp you getting from quests.

Almost a week late now ,even 1.0.3 should be coming tomorrow since they patching it today on usa.

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Not asfar i'm aware,should be easy to check by going T3 and check how much exp you getting from quests.

Almost a week late now ,even 1.0.3 should be coming tomorrow since they patching it today on usa.

From my WAR Updates post:
10/13 13:35 CEST - Experience hotfix
Mythic has made reworked the amount of experience gained from questing Tier 3 and Tier 4. These changes are now live on European servers.

Experience Enhancements: Phase 1
UPDATE 10/14 15:50 CEST: Partly implemented
UPDATE 10/16 19:10 CEST: Fully implemented

• Quest experience throughout chapter 10-22 has now been increased and the experience gained from killing a player in Open RvR has been increased by 50%.
  • New, repeatable quests has been added to chapter 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14 on all racial pairings.
-Magnus

Gahn

Resident Freddy
From my WAR Updates post:
10/13 13:35 CEST - Experience hotfix
Mythic has made reworked the amount of experience gained from questing Tier 3 and Tier 4. These changes are now live on European servers.

Experience Enhancements: Phase 1
UPDATE 10/14 15:50 CEST: Partly implemented
UPDATE 10/16 19:10 CEST: Fully implemented

• Quest experience throughout chapter 10-22 has now been increased and the experience gained from killing a player in Open RvR has been increased by 50%.
  • New, repeatable quests has been added to chapter 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14 on all racial pairings.
-Magnus

What about Phase 2? Is already live in Usa, i can't get if it is in or not yet in EU.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
The should bloody well remove everything gained by players from this attack on Altdorf if you ask me, I think it's comical that people are gaining things from effectively cheating.

has it been said anywhere offically that it is cheating ? i know it`s cheating, but untill an official statement has been made on it :
1 time is `luck`.
2 times is trying.
3 times is cheating.

unless i`ve missed it, mythic and GOA should make a statement that it IS a punishabel form of bug abuse.

Idris

Fledgling Freddie
I think perhaps we need the info on the GOA site as well as around forums. My fault for missing it this time, I admit. I know about the updates thread here, but I kept looking at war-europe!

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
What about Phase 2? Is already live in Usa, i can't get if it is in or not yet in EU.
I can confirm that the phase two has been implemented on European servers. We're posting these and other changes applied recently on our news this afternoon.

Experience Enhancements - Phase II
A few days ago we introduced Phase 1 of our Experience Enhancements, boosting quest experience in Tiers 3 and 4, adding repeatable quests to key chapters and increasing the experience awarded for killing an enemy player in an RvR lake by 50 percent!Today, we launch Phase 2 of this ongoing effort. Players who capture an RvR keep previously received only renown. As of today, players of the appropriate rank (actual, not bolstered) will also earn an experience bonus for successfully defeating a keep lord.
As with Public Quests and defeating monsters, the experience awarded for the successful capture of a keep will vary depending on a player’s rank relative to the difficulty of the keep. In Tier 2, players will begin to earn this bonus when they reach rank 15. In Tier 3, the minimum rank required is 25, and in Tier 4 it is 35. Players will notice a diminishing return from keep captures if their level approaches the top of that tier.
Keep sieges are a centerpiece of our RvR gameplay, and we’re happy to make the successful capture of an enemy keep even more rewarding. We’ll continue to look for ways to improve the rate of experience gain in WAR, including rewards for defending Keeps and capturing Battlefield Objectives. Stay tuned!

As I've discussed earlier, we've decided to post hotfixes in batches rather than as they are implemented. This is due to the format of the news and it's why we, like Mythic, will have a dedicated hot-fix and patch webpage. We're hoping to have it up running soon, but until then we'll probably post hot-fixes in batches as we'd simply swamp the news with them otherwise.

Right now, to the best of my knowledge, we've got all the changes US have, except the very last one implemented last night.

-Magnus

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Sucks that when you get to level 21 and want to help out in a keep raid, you dont get any xp. Going from 21 to 25 will take a few days depending on how often you play so seems a bit unfair.

Why cant they do something like this
21 = 2k xp
22 = 3k
23 = 4k
24 = 5k
25 = 6k
etc etc

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
has it been said anywhere offically that it is cheating ? i know it`s cheating, but untill an official statement has been made on it :
1 time is `luck`.
2 times is trying.
3 times is cheating.

unless i`ve missed it, mythic and GOA should make a statement that it IS a punishabel form of bug abuse.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but it requires the capturing of (at a bare minimum) 2 Keeps and 1 Fortress in 2 Tiers to unlock the City for attack. So that's 4 Keeps and 2 Fortress, which for the first 2 openings of Altdorf (and a part of the 3rd) were all gained via people using the postern door.

So that's a minimum of 12 uses of the bug (plus however many used it on the third - I know of at least 1 Keep and 1 of the Fortresses), slightly over the 3 you stipulated being required to define cheating correct?

There is a post by James Nichols kicking around stating that the Postern Doors are only supposed to be used by defenders (though I do believe those that have a special skill can of course still enter through them) and the bug would be fixed. As I haven't yet seen (or heard) of any bug abuse being punished, I doubt we'll see any solid statements that such actions will have repurcussions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom