Experience hotfix

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Dunno but I hope so..

The higher lvl quest xp changes are in by the way, getting 17k-20k on some chapter 18 quests now.

Lembit

Fledgling Freddie
Wouldnt that mean closing down the server again? I would rather wait for monday.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Nah it's a hotfix, its just applied to the server at a certain time, and you just have to relog to see the benefits afaik

I

Inconspicious

Anyone know when this will be applied to the EU servers?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
sweet changes, seems mythic listens quite alot to complaints that the playerbase have :)

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
Can't say as I believe this has been applied as yet, would be nice if we finally got updated - would also be a rather wise move for GOA to notify us when hot fixes are actually applied rather than doing it silently and letting everyone guess...

aika

Can't get enough of FH
still not applied, 8k exp for a lvl 35 quest :E:E:E

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager

Idris

Fledgling Freddie
It seems like we keep waiting 'one more week' for every upgrade to the website. I could drum you up a patch and hot-fix page in 10 mins ;p

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
Considering the armour sets are completely wank (for most classes at least) due to ill-thought out stat distribution, and the Fortresses Guards can be completely ignored by exploiting the postern door...how much use are those current changes to high level content, really?

I find it absolutely ridiculous that Destruction are currently prospering from their flagrant use of an exploit, and I'm going freaking insane at the loss of items (to known issues) which aren't getting restored, as well as the one actual useful/interesting change being delayed for us. When can we even expect the hotfix? I (as a healing spec'd AM) get better XP per hour in late T2/early T3 than from T4 when Questing...

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Considering the armour sets are completely wank (for most classes at least) due to ill-thought out stat distribution, and the Fortresses Guards can be completely ignored by exploiting the postern door...how much use are those current changes to high level content, really?

I find it absolutely ridiculous that Destruction are currently prospering from their flagrant use of an exploit, and I'm going freaking insane at the loss of items (to known issues) which aren't getting restored, as well as the one actual useful/interesting change being delayed for us. When can we even expect the hotfix? I (as a healing spec'd AM) get better XP per hour in late T2/early T3 than from T4 when Questing...

I second that, Magnus pls try to check if there's a chance they lock down capitols (pretty much what happened in Daoc when Relics were bugged) till a real solution is find, at the very moment tbh we are lot feeling griefed by a bunch of people from Destro, exploiting a bug and having the guts to even brag about it.
During Daoc times ppl were banned for exploiting minimal game breaking bugs (like the boat bug where you could nuke from the boat but couldn't be harmed).

D

degen

Any hope of this being applied today? Or are we still going to be an after thought when patches are applied?

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Looking foreward to this hotfix and that updates page as well! Is there any chance of an update on the ETA of a Herald like the one the US servers already have? I am anxiously awaiting that one too.

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
Equal or better service than US. A FUCKING JOKE!

Get the f... patch done.

Give us the option to transfer the chars to US-servers? You would see 50% of your player-base disapear in no time.

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie

Get the f... patch done.

Give us the option to transfer the chars to US-servers? You would see 50% of your player-base disapear in no time.

Someone needs a chill pill or they can take their ass back to the WoW community as it seems that is where this little kiddie came from.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
While he seems rather excitable, he does have a point. We were supposed to get patches at the same time as the US. first few were a few hours late, now we are moving into a few days/nearly a week late. at this rate we will be in the several weeks then several months late situation. We have known bugs some of them near to game breaking and highly exploitable while GOA seem to be slipping into the old habit of sitting about scratching their arse. WOTLK (WoW expansion) is out in a month they REALLY need to up their game and take things seriously, if they piss to many people off they will lose subscribers*

*No, I am not a huge fan of WoW.

MagnusGOA

Looking foreward to this hotfix and that updates page as well! Is there any chance of an update on the ETA of a Herald like the one the US servers already have? I am anxiously awaiting that one too.
So am I. One of the reasons we've chosen not to post hotfix more often - but rather do a summary of the week instead - is that they'd completely swamp the news page; the war-europe news page is not suitable for that type of frequent and information-dense publishing. So with the patch page coming up, us in Community Management no longer will need to ask ourselves "is this appropriate use of the news page?" but rather we publish notes without questioning.

I don't have a solid ETA on the patch pages but I believe we'll see them next week.

I second that, Magnus pls try to check if there's a chance they lock down capitols (pretty much what happened in Daoc when Relics were bugged) till a real solution is find, at the very moment tbh we are lot feeling griefed by a bunch of people from Destro, exploiting a bug and having the guts to even brag about it.
During Daoc times ppl were banned for exploiting minimal game breaking bugs (like the boat bug where you could nuke from the boat but couldn't be harmed).
We could prevent a city from being attacked. This is a very drastic measure to take, and circumstances would need to be quite extraordinary for it to be done. The recent attacks on Altdorf did expose a few weaknesses which had the potential to trivialise the path to Altdorf. Since then, guards and Keep lords have been made tougher and the level cap for the defence of Altdorf scenario has been restored to the original range of lvl 30-40. Also, in the case of the world-first raid, the timer for locking down the fortress zones was way off. This, among other things, has since been fixed. The biggest part of the surprising speed of these raids though, is pretty straight-forward: lack of defenders. Some hard-core Destruction guilds really rushed to Tier 4. Soon, the Order will be able to muster much great numbers, and when this is so, one will not simply walk into Altdorf.

Rest assure, we're merrily swinging that banhammer on exploiters - CS sometimes invite me to share the fun!

-Magnus

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So am I. One of the reasons we've chosen not to post hotfix more often - but rather do a summary of the week instead - is that they'd completely swamp the news page; the war-europe news page is not suitable for that type of frequent and information-dense publishing. So with the patch page coming up, us in Community Management no longer will need to ask ourselves "is this appropriate use of the news page?" but rather we publish notes without questioning.

I don't have a solid ETA on the patch pages but I believe we'll see them next week.

We could prevent a city from being attacked. This is a very drastic measure to take, and circumstances would need to be quite extraordinary for it to be done. But yes, if need be, we could do it.

Rest assure, we're merringly swinging that banhammer on exploiters - CS sometimes invite me to share the fun!

-Magnus

Hey Magnus,

I'm gonna jump the gun here and warn you that this is going to cause lots of folks to say 'hold on, your website isn't suited to frequent patch updates, that's cos it's flash!!! Maaaggghhhhhh where's my patch!!!! samr day same service waaaaghggghhhhhhh!!!!!.

There - I have said it so I don't need millions of you saying the same thing... Magnus - if possible can you raise this as a service issue folks will complain about, and see if some change in policy might be forthcoming?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!

Get the f... patch done.

I though you were fucking off? You should have rolled US from the start or stopped playing when you said you were going to :p

Jaberwocky

Loyal Freddie
Will we see any of these updates within the next few days?

I'll point out that a significant number of players are now leveling in the tier 4 content, most of us are struggling through this content slowly, some are even running out of pve content at their appropriate level and are then forced to grind scenarios or attempt to level in more difficult higher zones.

These issues were fixed over on in the US 5 days ago.

You've informed us that the GoA EU web site is not yet suited to provide the level of service that you wish to provide, this issue has ghosting GoA since before open beta and has been a focus of hostility and ridicule from the European WAR community.

I sincerely hope the state of the EU WAR site is not the reason that we are now waiting for the exp and other hot fixes, in the mean time I think we can agree that applying the updates and adding the updated notes to the in game patcher until the website is ready could be a good compromise.

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
We could prevent a city from being attacked. This is a very drastic measure to take, and circumstances would need to be quite extraordinary for it to be done. The recent attacks on Altdorf did expose a few weaknesses which had the potential to trivialise the path to Altdorf. Since then, guards and Keep lords have been made tougher and the level cap for the defence of Altdorf scenario has been restored to the original range of lvl 30-40. Also, in the case of the world-first raid, the timer for locking down the fortress zones was way off. This, among other things, has since been fixed. The biggest part of the surprising speed of these raids though, is pretty straight-forward: lack of defenders. Some hard-core Destruction guilds really rushed to Tier 4. Soon, the Order will be able to muster much great numbers, and when this is so, one will not simply walk into Altdorf.

Rest assure, we're merrily swinging that banhammer on exploiters - CS sometimes invite me to share the fun!

-Magnus
What about the fact that the Fortresses (and some Keeps) were taken by exploiting the Postern Door? Does this mean that it is actually being investigated and those players that abused that are going to be punished? I find this highly unlikely to be honest, as all I see is quite some posts on different forums by Destruction gloating over their use of these, and the items/tokens/renown received due to it yet nothing done as yet.

I personally would love to see everything from that Altdorf raid wiped out of the system, it was only gained via the use of the exploitable Postern Doors, and although you could argue that Destruction most likely would have succeeded in the end by assaulting the front door, the simple fact of the matter is that they did not...

MagnusGOA

Hey Magnus,

I'm gonna jump the gun here and warn you that this is going to cause lots of folks to say 'hold on, your website isn't suited to frequent patch updates, that's cos it's flash!!! Maaaggghhhhhh where's my patch!!!! samr day same service waaaaghggghhhhhhh!!!!!.

There - I have said it so I don't need millions of you saying the same thing... Magnus - if possible can you raise this as a service issue folks will complain about, and see if some change in policy might be forthcoming?
Hey Jupitus,
hehe thanks for speaking your mind!

I do think that the WAR-Europe news page is not ideal to post frequent hot-fixes. This is not a matter of Flash vs Html though, but a matter of functionality and presentation. Both the US Herald and the WAR-Europe news - although different in design - share the same form; presenting information in a list. Widely different types of posts are made here: server downtime announcements, scheduled maintenances, general business announcements, patch notes, hot-fixes etc. Much of these news soon become out-dated. For instance, a week-old announcements about a scheduled maintenance is of little value; no-one has a real need for that information once the maintenance is over. Whereas patch notes and hot-fixes are destined to become obsolete in due time, there is a relevance to this information which is important to recognise. Aggregating this information to a designated web page is a natural thing to do.

Regarding your second topic;
no-one is happy with delays, and neither are we. Whereas minor delays is to be expected, the delays we've seen last week and now again this week isn't something we're happy with. Naturally, there's perfectly sound explanations for these delays, but explanations does not equal justifications.

I'm sure we'll see little pyres of delays and issues like these surfacing every now and then. We're running a large business here and with so many people working together over two continents and many time-zones, mistakes happen. What we can do and what we are doing is to learn from these mistakes and listen to the community. Us in Community Management are passing on feedback on many topics, and reading the community mood is a vital part of what we do. These things does not pass unnoticed.

Success isn't built on a single stroke of genius, it's built on lots of hard and dedicated work. We're working hard, and we're dedicated to make this a success.

-Magnus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom