Experience hotfix

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
Additionally I think people would live (though not quite happily) if the currently outstanding hot fixes were applied without a notice on the official news page. Yes we want information, but to delay us what, 2 weeks it will be?, behind the US on such an important change (seriously, I'm running out of T2 quests which are better XP/hour as a solo healing spec'd AM than T4..) is not really acceptable.

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
I sincerely hope the state of the EU WAR site is not the reason that we are now waiting for the exp and other hot fixes, in the mean time I think we can agree that applying the updates and adding the updated notes to the in game patcher until the website is ready could be a good compromise.
Oh, dear no! Hot-fixes are implemented when we get the code. Due to time zone differences, this is sometimes in the middle of the night and we'd then run the fixes the morning after. If we don't have the code, we can't run it.

The whole deal with the upcoming patchnotes and hotfix-page and the discussion of what is an appropriate way to share this information is 100% disconnected from the actual implementation of these fixes.

-Magnus

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
So when can we expect the Experience "hot" fix, as it's becoming a somewhat luke warm potentially needs throwing in the microwave fix at the moment. Giiiivf more XP from Quests >.<

And again, what's the deal with the exploiting spunk gobblers? As quite honestly right now it appears that it's rewarded (and thus encouraged) to exploit and cheat your way through the game.

Jaberwocky

Loyal Freddie
Oh, dear no! Hot-fixes are implemented when we get the code. Due to time zone differences, this is sometimes in the middle of the night and we'd then run the fixes the morning after. If we don't have the code, we can't run it.

The whole deal with the upcoming patchnotes and hotfix-page and the discussion of what is an appropriate way to share this information is 100% disconnected from the actual implementation of these fixes.

-Magnus

Good to hear, you know by the nature of your work that people will read a lot into what you say, so it's good to get that lingering question cleared out of the way.

We all know that Mythic has a slightly freer hand in how the game is updated in the US, is the lack of updates over in the EU starting to stem from a lack of effective communication or localisation issues?

It might seem that complaining over a few days delay seems melodramatic, but bare in mind that the past few days have been the peak play time for most of us (i.e the weekend) while the delay in some of these updates is starting to impact on some of the enjoyment of the game.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
So we have been lied at, same patch level and stuff.

It will backfire, people tend to find a lot of "excuses" for quitting, this will be one of them.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
So am I. One of the reasons we've chosen not to post hotfix more often - but rather do a summary of the week instead - is that they'd completely swamp the news page; the war-europe news page is not suitable for that type of frequent and information-dense publishing. So with the patch page coming up, us in Community Management no longer will need to ask ourselves "is this appropriate use of the news page?" but rather we publish notes without questioning.

I don't have a solid ETA on the patch pages but I believe we'll see them next week.

We could prevent a city from being attacked. This is a very drastic measure to take, and circumstances would need to be quite extraordinary for it to be done. The recent attacks on Altdorf did expose a few weaknesses which had the potential to trivialise the path to Altdorf. Since then, guards and Keep lords have been made tougher and the level cap for the defence of Altdorf scenario has been restored to the original range of lvl 30-40. Also, in the case of the world-first raid, the timer for locking down the fortress zones was way off. This, among other things, has since been fixed. The biggest part of the surprising speed of these raids though, is pretty straight-forward: lack of defenders. Some hard-core Destruction guilds really rushed to Tier 4. Soon, the Order will be able to muster much great numbers, and when this is so, one will not simply walk into Altdorf.

Rest assure, we're merrily swinging that banhammer on exploiters - CS sometimes invite me to share the fun!

-Magnus

There's still some game breaking issues Magnus (the succesful defence didn't reset anything back Sunday, moreso the Order entrance was LOCKED, so Destro had free reign to pillage the loot creating even more imbalance), Goa really need to step into it and stop this till all works as it was intended.

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
There's still some game breaking issues Magnus (the succesful defence didn't reset anything back Sunday, moreso the Order entrance was LOCKED, so Destro had free reign to pillage the loot creating even more imbalance), Goa really need to step into it and stop this till all works as it was intended.
The should bloody well remove everything gained by players from this attack on Altdorf if you ask me, I think it's comical that people are gaining things from effectively cheating.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Hey Magnus,

I'm gonna jump the gun here and warn you that this is going to cause lots of folks to say 'hold on, your website isn't suited to frequent patch updates, that's cos it's flash!!! Maaaggghhhhhh where's my patch!!!! samr day same service waaaaghggghhhhhhh!!!!!.

There - I have said it so I don't need millions of you saying the same thing... Magnus - if possible can you raise this as a service issue folks will complain about, and see if some change in policy might be forthcoming?

Ahh yes - asking for similar service level in and out of game, when promised and promised and promised is indeed to be described as "waaaaghggghhhhhhh".

Plus I just lolled at yet another "it is coming, but no actual ETA"-ETA from GOA. :lol:
10 to 1 that they've run into "technical problems".

oldman1977

Fledgling Freddie
While this might seem a bit off-topic, I felt I had to reply in this thread. The Order players in this thread complaining about the sieges on altdorf clearly weren't there and are relying on second hand information passed on by angry guild/faction members.

This is particularly ironic as Order were the ones purposely exploiting the RVR flagging to run from their warcamp through the destruction defensive lines and into their keep while being unattackable for destruction. And it was Order who opened the back doors at Stonewatch keep by AOEing through the doors and walls, and by pulling Destro players in through walls and doors, so that they would aggro the champion guards inside, who then rushed out from all sides into the Destruction attackers' warbands and killed many of them.

Furthermore, Order players were attacking with RDPS from inside the keep behind the open postern doorways, thus baiting Destruction players to enter via those entrances (even though they didn't because of the champions inside)

Furthermore, Altdorf was successfully sieged, Order's defense was not successful. The bar just didn't move at all while Destruction completed the PQ inside Altdorf repeatedly (the win ratio of that Altdorf PQ was around 8 Destruction - 1 Order) and continuously gained more victory points over the course of 2 entire days and late nights. The bar was stuck over the weekend, and suddenly moved on monday. After that and the stage 2 PQ, Altdorf Palace was unlocked for 23/24 hours. But when the timer still had 20 hours left it bugged, the whole tier reset, kicking all destruction players out before we could past the 3rd boss and get to the king.

If you wish to get the destruction players' perspective, I would be glad to give you the destro side of things and how we took over all the keeps and how the siege of Altdorf was from the attackers' perspective, in as much detail as I can. Feel free to PM me if you wish to discuss this further.

Pandemic

Fledgling Freddie
These are the current / recently fixed issues:

1. There is widespread abuse of back doors by destruction to get into order keeps easily

2. there is a bug whereby the marauder can dual stack aoe (demolition) and simply mow down the enemy. This was hugely abused in altdorf on karak eight peaks server over the weekend with up to 8 lvl 40 marauders in a open atldorf rvr grping to do this making defence really difficult.

3. Apparently there were 1 or more bugs preventing order from locking down any tier 4 zone

4. After the defence of Altdorf was successfull the city siege failed to reset leaving it open to continous attacks

5. Following on from 4. there was a new defect that prevented any order players from entering via the west side entrance to defend altforf. Destruction realised this and then promptly camped the middle so we couldnt get into to defend at all. The open rvr total attackers / defenders in altdorf then went to 40-2 and 40-0.

6. There was another defect preventing lvl 37 (36?) or below from entering altdorf anyway, this affected both sides but hurt order far worse as many more of our players are lvl 30-36.

7. There was another defect when you originally tried to enter altdorf to defend that stated you could not enter the scenario; there were ways round this but many people just gave up

8. Now fixed but the keep guards, lords etc were far to easy to kill

Despite all the odds we successfully defended altforf within the allowed timeframe only to be kicked in the teeth through yet more defects and bug abuse allowing destruction to capture it. They were then rewarded for all the bug abuse / defects by being allowed to loot uber items in altdorf.

This isnt exactly helping with the apathy setting in amongst order in trying to mount a successfull defence.

We really need these hotfixes now

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Thankyou for all your replies Magnus! I find it reassuring you're taking the time to explain some of the issues that is affecting how fast we get the hotfixes even if it doesn't stop my "waaah! Want more exp!" cries.

Pandemic

Fledgling Freddie
While this might seem a bit off-topic, I felt I had to reply in this thread. The Order players in this thread complaining about the sieges on altdorf clearly weren't there and are relying on second hand information passed on by angry guild/faction members.

This is particularly ironic as Order were the ones purposely exploiting the RVR flagging to run from their warcamp through the destruction defensive lines and into their keep while being unattackable for destruction. And it was Order who opened the back doors at Stonewatch keep by AOEing through the doors and walls, and by pulling Destro players in through walls and doors, so that they would aggro the champion guards inside, who then rushed out from all sides into the Destruction attackers' warbands and killed many of them.

Furthermore, Order players were attacking with RDPS from inside the keep behind the open postern doorways, thus baiting Destruction players to enter via those entrances (even though they didn't because of the champions inside)

Furthermore, Altdorf was successfully sieged, Order's defense was not successful. The bar just didn't move at all while Destruction completed the PQ inside Altdorf and continuously gained more victory points over the course of 2 entire days and late nights. The bar was stuck over the weekend, and suddenly moved on monday. After that and the stage 2 PQ, Altdorf Palace was unlocked for 23/24 hours. But when the timer still had 20 hours left it bugged, the whole tier reset, kicking all destruction players out before we could past the 3rd boss and get to the king.

If you wish to get the destruction players' perspective, I would be glad to give you the destro side of things and how we took over all the keeps and how the siege of Altdorf was from the attackers' perspective, in as much detail as I can. Feel free to PM me if you wish to discuss this further.

Our defence was successfull I quote from GOA:

"There is indeed a problem with Altdorf on Karak Eight Peaks. The city should have fallen back into Order control and the battlefronts should have normalized on Sunday. This didn't happen, however. While our QA team is investigating this, a report has been compiled and sent to Mythic for further analysis. We're hoping to be able to solve this situation as soon as possible"

So you shouldnt have been able to capture it and loot it.

Btw the bar did move for the first day that you sieged it; order also scored victories and moved it back. After that it didnt move as there were very few order players defending due to emerging defects and you dont get the bar moving on victories unless there are players defending so a victory with 40-0 wont get you any points to move the bar

oldman1977

Fledgling Freddie
Order exploits:

- RVR purposefully unflagging to enter Stonewatch Keep by running through destro players from their warcamp, even emoting /lol as they went by; this was widespread, around 30-40 Order players got in this way

- Pulling destruction players through the keep walls and doors to prevent ressing of those players (knowing the destro warcamp is 10 times further away) and aggro the champions inside

- RDPSing from behind the open doorways of the keep to lure destruction players to aggro the champion guards (the doors opened half way through the attack but 80% of the destro players continued to attack the main door until 10 mins left on the timer, and were only distracted towards the side doors when order players peeked out from the open doorways to RPDS destro)

- Destruction was not camping the middle entrance at Altdorf, they couldn't get into Altdorf either due to bugged instance queues, most were afk waiting to enter

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
oldman1977;3442961 (knowing the destro warcamp is 10 times further away) and aggro the champions inside [/QUOTE said:
You know when Order players dies on Reikwald he has to start at the entrance to Reikland,i really doubt you can have longer run than Order.

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie

Furthermore, Altdorf was successfully sieged, Order's defense was not successful. The bar just didn't move at all while Destruction completed the PQ inside Altdorf repeatedly (the win ratio of that Altdorf PQ was around 8 Destruction - 1 Order) and continuously gained more victory points over the course of 2 entire days and late nights. The bar was stuck over the weekend, and suddenly moved on monday. After that and the stage 2 PQ, Altdorf Palace was unlocked for 23/24 hours. But when the timer still had 20 hours left it bugged, the whole tier reset, kicking all destruction players out before we could past the 3rd boss and get to the king.

That's funny, I've only noticed me complaining about Mythic/GOA's lack of action against players abusing exploits. And I was there tyvm.

I was there when Destruction went around the back of Stonewatch and knocked the door down, when they zerged up into the Fortress through that opening. I was also there in the days prior to their successful taking of the Fortress when the same tactic was foiled by the Order defence.

The non-flagged players were present on both Order and Destruction, I myself got the crap beaten out of me by Destruction players that I could not do anything to in return becuase they weren't flagged.

From what I heard (I didn't see this done) both factions were pulling people through doors/walls.

You are trying to deny that Destruction knocked the Postern Door down when all over Warhammer Alliance Forums they have gloated about it? To deny what I and many others saw with our own eyes. Seriously, shut up and piss off.

Gahn

Resident Freddy

It seems Goa doesn't agree with you and that the Not flagged was another bug adding on top of the all others, like it is a bug nuking through walls, pulling people with CF through em and i could go on for ages.
The zone is borked, the system is open to abuse.
Close down the Capitol Cities till it's fixed to avoid more bad blood is the only solution i see.

oldman1977

Fledgling Freddie
That's funny, I've only noticed me complaining about Mythic/GOA's lack of action against players abusing exploits. And I was there tyvm.

I was there when Destruction went around the back of Stonewatch and knocked the door down, when they zerged up into the Fortress through that opening. I was also there in the days prior to their successful taking of the Fortress when the same tactic was foiled by the Order defence.

The non-flagged players were present on both Order and Destruction, I myself got the crap beaten out of me by Destruction players that I could not do anything to in return becuase they weren't flagged.

From what I heard (I didn't see this done) both factions were pulling people through doors/walls.

You are trying to deny that Destruction knocked the Postern Door down when all over Warhammer Alliance Forums they have gloated about it? To deny what I and many others saw with our own eyes. Seriously, shut up and piss off.

Order were exploiting heavily to get into the Keep with RVR unflagging. RVR unflagging gives no advantage to destruction as they are attacking the keep, not trying to bypass the outdoor battle to get through the side doors to defend it from the inside. Order purposefully used RVR unflagging to their advantage, such is the nature of keep defenses reinforcement.

Destruction broke the front ramparts door and then proceeded to attack the front keep door for a full 30 minutes en masse.

At which point Order continuously pulled destro players who attacked the front door through the door and the keep walls. This stalemate lasted 30 minutes during which 80% of destruction players were attacking the front door.

A small group of destro might have gone around the side, we didn't see that, but what we all did see was Order bright wizards firing while under the doorframes of the side doors at anyone who went out of LOS of the front to recover. And running back and forth in and out of the open side doorways, trying to bait Destro players inside so that they would aggro the guards. This was clearly done on purpose so the champions would run out of the keep and attack the destro players outside (which they did).

I don't deny the bulk of destruction players came in through the side door eventually with only 10 minutes left on the timer, but Order was not some victim in all this, they were exploiting bugs to defeat the destruction attack and were even using the side door bug to their advantage.

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
Where are Destruction not heavily exploiting the unflagged for RvR bug by killing players that cannot defend themselves. Were they doing it intentionally? I honestly don't think so even though the bastards killed me multiple times when I was trying to get past them.

Have you even considered the small possibility that those players who ran past the Destruction forces and into the keep, without RvR flag on, were not actually aware of it? That they were just running to the Fortress as fast as they could as trying to fight through Destruction forces would have been pointless. I imagine they considered themselves lucky when they made it through without a scratch.

I have no idea about the side door, but one question does arise, how exactly was the side door wide open? Perhaps someone from Destruction had broken it? Certainly couldn't have been a member of Order, and those doors don't actually open when we use them, we just get ported to the other side of them (as you should know if you've been in a keep controlled by your faction).

Also, why would you move to the side of the Fortress to "rest"? Surely moving back out of range, by the outer wall would be much more sensible no?

Seriously, the only thing that members of Order may have intentionally exploited was pulling through doors/walls (which I didn't even see what with being positioned up on the Fortress wall itself) and apparently Destruction were doing that just as much. Stop trying to twist it around that what was done was acceptable, if members of Order did use the pull thing I'm equally pissed at them, but Destruction have by far and away abused the open bugs to a higher degree.

In my opinion anyone exploiting should receive a spanking.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
That 10 seconds flagging is bad, it should be replaced with instant-flaging, you enter an RvR-area, you're flagged, end of story.

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
I don't know if it's the 10 seconds that were the problem, Destruction forces down there had certainly been in the area more than 10 seconds without getting flagged. Also one would assume that them beating an Order player senseless would have flagged them instantly but apparently not.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
(Put on "It's the end of the world..." by REM while u read this)

If i had a char on K8P... i'd delete it
that server just seems cursed beyond reason

I pitty GOA that so many exploiters concentrate there and even more that the QQ and RANT is so high from adult people. U are really helping and getting these boards to new hei... depths.
Really consider this, u come home from work, need some fun in gaming an evening... only to log on k8p and get frustrated.

Even when everyone u know went there... ask some friends to make some alts elsewhere, the game will be here for years to come and a few weeks aint that important.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
So you're telling me the 10-12k exp quests I've been doing yesterday are getting boosted to even more exp? :eek7:

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
(Put on "It's the end of the world..." by REM while u read this)

If i had a char on K8P... i'd delete it
that server just seems cursed beyond reason

I pitty GOA that so many exploiters concentrate there and even more that the QQ and RANT is so high from adult people. U are really helping and getting these boards to new hei... depths.
Really consider this, u come home from work, need some fun in gaming an evening... only to log on k8p and get frustrated.

Even when everyone u know went there... ask some friends to make some alts elsewhere, the game will be here for years to come and a few weeks aint that important.
Yerrrrs. Honestly, friends and I have spoken about the situation and if a clone/transfer was offered now, we'd probably take it.

However, suggesting that we, as honest players that have avoided utilising any exploits we're aware of, should delete our characters and re-roll is preposterous. Why should the "honest" players be the ones that suffer because of exploiters? It may only be a couple of weeks work as you say, but that is still our time we've invested. Those that have been exploiting should be the ones that are punished, or is it acceptable to employ the use of exploits? Why not game hacks and bots if exploits are allowed? An example needs to be made otherwise the message being given is that such actions are allowed.

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH
So am I. One of the reasons we've chosen not to post hotfix more often - but rather do a summary of the week instead - is that they'd completely swamp the news page; the war-europe news page is not suitable for that type of frequent and information-dense publishing. So with the patch page coming up, us in Community Management no longer will need to ask ourselves "is this appropriate use of the news page?" but rather we publish notes without questioning.

I don't have a solid ETA on the patch pages but I believe we'll see them next week.

We could prevent a city from being attacked. This is a very drastic measure to take, and circumstances would need to be quite extraordinary for it to be done. The recent attacks on Altdorf did expose a few weaknesses which had the potential to trivialise the path to Altdorf. Since then, guards and Keep lords have been made tougher and the level cap for the defence of Altdorf scenario has been restored to the original range of lvl 30-40. Also, in the case of the world-first raid, the timer for locking down the fortress zones was way off. This, among other things, has since been fixed. The biggest part of the surprising speed of these raids though, is pretty straight-forward: lack of defenders. Some hard-core Destruction guilds really rushed to Tier 4. Soon, the Order will be able to muster much great numbers, and when this is so, one will not simply walk into Altdorf.
Rest assure, we're merrily swinging that banhammer on exploiters - CS sometimes invite me to share the fun!

-Magnus

So will your servers handle more than 50 ppl fighting in the same place cause atm it cant that is why order could not defend as ppl lagged to death and had ctd problems when trying too. I've experianced many keep takes so far and all goes well then poof, crash to desktop and i have a top spec machine so its not that.

Pandemic

Fledgling Freddie
These are the current / recently fixed issues:

1. There is widespread abuse of back doors by destruction to get into order keeps easily

2. there is a bug whereby the marauder can dual stack aoe (demolition) and simply mow down the enemy. This was hugely abused in altdorf on karak eight peaks server over the weekend with up to 8 lvl 40 marauders in a open atldorf rvr grping to do this making defence really difficult.

3. Apparently there were 1 or more bugs preventing order from locking down any tier 4 zone

4. After the defence of Altdorf was successfull the city siege failed to reset leaving it open to continous attacks

5. Following on from 4. there was a new defect that prevented any order players from entering via the west side entrance to defend altforf. Destruction realised this and then promptly camped the middle so we couldnt get into to defend at all. The open rvr total attackers / defenders in altdorf then went to 40-2 and 40-0.

6. There was another defect preventing lvl 37 (36?) or below from entering altdorf anyway, this affected both sides but hurt order far worse as many more of our players are lvl 30-36.

7. There was another defect when you originally tried to enter altdorf to defend that stated you could not enter the scenario; there were ways round this but many people just gave up

8. Now fixed but the keep guards, lords etc were far to easy to kill

Despite all the odds we successfully defended altforf within the allowed timeframe only to be kicked in the teeth through yet more defects and bug abuse allowing destruction to capture it. They were then rewarded for all the bug abuse / defects by being allowed to loot uber items in altdorf.

This isnt exactly helping with the apathy setting in amongst order in trying to mount a successfull defence.

We really need these hotfixes now

On top of all of this destruction have managed to capture Altdorf within 35 mins of the open altdorf rvr starting up. yes that must be operating as normal

Zede

Part of the furniture
how much time did set grp ppl spend in keep seiges in daoc ?

not very long !

as an act of defiance with the regard to how borked it is, totally ignore the capital shizzle & someone post a thread about an introducing an active 6v6 zone....

Poag

m00?
So will your servers handle more than 50 ppl fighting in the same place cause atm it cant that is why order could not defend as ppl lagged to death and had ctd problems when trying too. I've experianced many keep takes so far and all goes well then poof, crash to desktop and i have a top spec machine so its not that.

Uh, i'd say they can personally. Well, atleast the T3 servers can handle it. Had 2xWarband defending + randoms and 3 warbands attack Gronds Sacristy and no lag at all, save a little framerate drop, atleast for me and the peeps on vent at the time. As for the T4 servers, well i've only recently got in there and not taken part in any big seiges yet. But with about 150-200 people milling around Gronds, it seems they can....

Infact since the dire weekend where abilities were not cooling down. I dont think I've had any issues at all....beyond the boredom of grinding influence on ch16 :/
Whats that? only 300 more mobs to go?....feeeh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom