• A Flat amount for a New content box Expansion

Votes: 50 47.2%
  • An increase in Subs for an extensive revamp of existing content

Votes: 56 52.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Had quite a few postes receintly with content suggestions most of which would probably would not be suitable for an expasion pack (more like patch additions). Bairing in mind that development time would be spent creating new content rather than tweeking existing content would you rather see ..

1) A set price expansion (completely new content), new Mobs Races Classes Zones (both PvE and RvR)etc

2) An increase in Subscription and a re-vamp of the current content mainly the old main lands and SI zones (under the same lines as the recient DF overhall), plus overhall of NF zones forceing fights in more insteresting locations in the landscape)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Garok said:
Had quite a few postes receintly with content suggestions most of which would probably would not be suitable for an expasion pack (more like patch additions). Bairing in mind that development time would be spent creating new content rather than tweeking existing content would you rather see ..

1) A set price expansion (completely new content), new Mobs Races Classes Zones (both PvE and RvR)etc

2) An increase in Subscription and a re-vamp of the current content mainly the old main lands and SI zones (under the same lines as the recient DF overhall), plus overhall of NF zones forceing fights in more insteresting locations in the landscape)

Why such silly suggestions?

Increase in subs for a revamp of current content? Why should we have to pay more cash monthly in order for GoA to keep us interested in the game? It's their job, not ours.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
i'd rather pay more not to have any more expansions come out at all realy, kinda geting bored of pve expansion packs every 6months now, tis gonna be like trying to flog a dead horse soon.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
the thing is, for more rvr content they would have to do it as a free add-on, like NF. I really wouldnt mind a subs increase of a couple of quid if they improved rvr :) however, the last two expansions offerered very little in actual new content, just new zones to do what you were already doing, <puts on flame proof mac> i would actually like a new toa (though not as long winded ofc)

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Raven said:
the thing is, for more rvr content they would have to do it as a free add-on, like NF. I really wouldnt mind a subs increase of a couple of quid if they improved rvr :) however, the last two expansions offerered very little in actual new content, just new zones to do what you were already doing, <puts on flame proof mac> i would actually like a new toa (though not as long winded ofc)

Agree... don't really think we need a new expansion with new zones mobs, just a revamp of the old mainland/Si epic mobs encounters with new drop tables to make them worth doing again. Prehaps some quest hubs based around the old mainland dungoens to give abit of a break from doing Td's. As you said its gonna be hard to improve RvR with a themed expansion.

Shafu

Fledgling Freddie
It's practically impossible to charge money for a rewamp of existing areas, because then you end up with two versions of the same area. Take the New Frontiers as an example, this was a rewamp of old areas and Mythic had to make it a 100% free expansion because players didnt have a choice in the matter.

That's why most expansions are new zones.

living

Fledgling Freddie
Too many zones spread the players too thin over them - old classic lands are great - theyr just trash in loot compared to the new ones - they should sort that out :)

MaddogUK

Fledgling Freddie
Hey I know...FIX The damn game before worry about new content. Lets look at MYTHIC should fix. Dont need to do a revamp..Just fix drop table...That cant be too hard..Randomise the loot type drop like NF. Thats enough to start off with. Make the harder areas offer decent stuff though. FIX THE DAMN CRAFTING SYSTEM...I spent a lot of time and a lot of game cash getting to legendary..for what? No one has bought ANY weapons of me in ages. Why? because theres few spellcrafters about..Why is there few spellcrafters about? Because they cant make anything close to drop items from Atlantis/Catacombs.

A few new Mob skins, A fixed loot system and crafting resolved would keep me happy..I shouldnt have to pay extra for that and I certainly shouldnt have to buy an expansion for it...

That gripe aside..I love the game..RvR is great but it can become repetative. I like new areas..Especially dungeons (Trollenhiems in Mid is a personal fave). Cattacombs is good in what it offers...But it didnt meet my expectations..
Passage Of Conflict isnt that great..What i would like to see is a dungeon, not unlike the old frontier dungeons..Perhaps however these start in your realm but can pop out anywhere in NF..Even perhaps pop up in a relic keep if u can fight your way in.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
imo Mythic should skip an expansion pack cycle and pump those resources into fixing what is already in the game instead.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Theres various reasons why games need expansions, even if you do prefer constant patching over new fluff every year.

Expansion packs were a nice easy way of distributing a CD/DVD's worth of data, which patches can't realistically do without killing the upstream bandwidth of patch servers. These days more and more people have broadband and the ability to download the files needed for an expansion, however this wasn't the case years ago. There are still people who either need a friend with broadband, or have to order CD/DVD versions of expansions. :p

For those trying to promote the game, expansions tend to get a fresh review in magazines and on websites. Every DAoC expansion usually has a review in PC Gamer, which increases the publicity of the game. Nobody would give a review of DAoC patch 1.80 compared to patch 1.78, only expansions will get enough attention to make the game worthy of a new review.

So, the expansions will probably continue as long as its viable to produce them.

Treyguard

Fledgling Freddie
I choose option 3.

3) A Flat amount for a content box "Expansion" which features an extensive revamp of existing content.

Of course, if I can get it for free, that'll do me fine :)

I demand the "Trophy from a Hand of Thor" (it is a hammer) I got from Iarnvidiur is made at least moderately acceptable stat wise, for all the pain it took in getting it :(
Normalise the loot tables!

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
i voted increase in subs, but was searching for option 3.

pay an expansion to get all of choise 2 without increasing the subs price.

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Treyguard said:
3) A Flat amount for a content box "Expansion" which features an extensive revamp of existing content.

Agreed. There are all those lovely big mobs in places like Llyn Barfog that are worth killing for the novelty value, but not much else.

Plus all the classic zones have their own great atmosphere and charm, but aside from the new task dungeons and quests, they aren't worth bothering with due to the lack of ROG drops comparable to SI/ToA.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
why would you want a subs increase
Its not as if goa is doing any of the developing

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
I would like both opinion nr1 and 2.

but the problem about the expansions is that when you have "completed" it, it just gets you better in rvr. like toa and DR.. sure it helps you in pve when you got fop and ml9pets etc..

Outlander

Part of the furniture
increase in subs for updating?? what kind of fucked up idea is that! :twak:

I quit so nm my comments :m00:

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Lets be honest the last 'expansion' was just a patch dressed ina nice box.At a time when mythic are developing a new mmorpg i doubt we can expect any future investment in DAOC.The numbers are ever dwindling so less people to worry about pleasing.I would love to see new zones and old areas revamped but pure finances dictate investment not the 'oldtimers of DAOC'.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
that was some really weird options you got there :)

Paying for updates=no ty.. thats just fked up.

And personally I rather see to it that they sort out the balanceissues existing already before adding new ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom