Everybodies Oppinion on best and favourite group setup for each realm!

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
tbh group make up is bollox....

experience is the best tool.....
a mixed grp of experienced players will butcher your balanced grp

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
My Druid setup would be this:
Druid (39Nurt/35Reg/12Nat) - Perfector - heals + shears + interrupt
Druid (44Nurt/31Reg/4Nat) - Perfector - heals + shears + interrupt

I guess it's a matter of playstyle, but I feel much more useful with 44nurt/31reg over my old 40reg/36nat.

I am just curious about your spec choices Belomar. I had a Druid a long time ago on Hib/Pryd that was specced 41 Reg/35 Nurture. I eventually sold the account (to keep my wife off my back!), but recently re-rolled there and now have a Lvl 50 Druid specced 40 Reg/36 Nature.

I really enjoy have the final pet (for interupts) and the instant roots have saved me a few times (when I remember not to cast damage add on myself and/or remember to passive the pet!).

What confused me about your specs was they are all less then 40 reg, why is that? In pre-ToA times no-one went less then 40 Reg. I realise you can get Healing Effectiveness items but as a Druid haven't we enough to cap as it is without trying to fit that in as well?

I can't recall the spell table of the top of my head, but surely that 5 levels less Reg must mean lost spells/abilities?

Kwidz

Fledgling Freddie
alb: sorc( mind ) sorc ( body ) sorc ( body ) 2x spirit caba 2 cleric and theurg xD

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Danamyr said:
I am just curious about your spec choices Belomar.
Primary healer heals got some serious loving not too long ago--greater spec heals and all group heals were increased in both heal value and decreased in cast speed, making them a lot better than they used to be. I find that with capped heal bonus (25% heals is really a must for a Druid in a template), 31 regrowth is more than sufficient. True, I'd not say no to the next greater spec heal and spec group heal, but many times you will overheal with these anyway (same reason I never used the second spreadheal when I was 40 regrowth). The only thing I miss is the 100% rezz, although PR handles most of my rezzing needs.

35 regrowth does give you all the healing goodies except the 100% rezz and the second SH (which you wouldn't use anyway).

As for the Nature side of things, a green con pet is surely a lot better than a greycon one which can be one- or two-shot even by support, but I find that shears are so much more useful that I would prioritize two shearers in a group over one shearer and a green pet. Grey AE root interrupts casters and support just as well as blue AE root, and their value for CC is about the same (i.e. tanks will be unCCable with anything but the top spells in the near future). Insta root can be nice, but DD charges can help you just as well to recapture the initiative. Also, as a nurture druid, you can (a) buff yourself, (b) not be sheared, and (c) provide capped field buffs to your group members.

Incidentally, cleric 1750 range shears are OP (same as the 2.0 sec cast Shaman shears). :mad:

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Sollac said:

Yeah, except a balanced group of experienced players will most likely win over an unbalanced group of experienced players (depending of course on the degree of "unbalance" we're talking about). Setup is far from "bollox" if you want to be competitive, I'm afraid.

Yunio

Fledgling Freddie
Sollac said:

Totally agree! but what if you run into an experienced AND balanced group :(

Aoir

Fledgling Freddie
mid : Healer Healer Healer Shaman SM BD Zerk Svg
Alb : Sorc Cleric cleric theurg Cabie merc merc pala
Hib : bard druid druid warden lighteld bm bm bm
Thats wot i think atm

falseth

Loyal Freddie
Kwidz said:
alb: sorc( mind ) sorc ( body ) sorc ( body ) 2x spirit caba 2 cleric and theurg xD

get any mid/hib tank grp with banelord in and just slaughter that weird setup..

Ging

Part of the furniture
falseth said:
get any mid/hib tank grp with banelord in and just slaughter that weird setup..

if played well the tanks would never get to the casters to slaughter them.

in an OF debuff grp we took down 2fg inc hibs (mid rr) in 14 sec with 2 MA cabbies with body sorc assists - also remember thats 5 pets + whatever the theurg throws at you, not to mention 3 sorcs with SoI

Brack

One of Freddy's beloved
bard druid druid warden hero vampiir bainshee animist \o/ :clap:

Kanim

Banned
Calaclya said:
if played well the tanks would never get to the casters to slaughter them.

in an OF debuff grp we took down 2fg inc hibs (mid rr) in 14 sec with 2 MA cabbies with body sorc assists - also remember thats 5 pets + whatever the theurg throws at you, not to mention 3 sorcs with SoI

and what relevance does that have to the best setup in nf ?, if its your favourite setup you must like visiting your bots in sauvage.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Kwidz said:

Make one of the Cabbies tri-spec for some ns and disease :)

Lethul

FH is my second home
we "usually" play

alb: cleric cleric friar paladin merc merc caba/theurg sorc

i want to try

alb: cleric cleric friar sorc(44mind) sorc(40body) caba(spirit) caba(trispec) merc/minstrel

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm can't recall many times we've had reaver/merc or pally in group tbh.

Usually it's 2-3 sorcs, 2 clerics, 1 cabbie, bg arms, friar.
Depending on the 2-3 sorcs we have had a pally or reaver but as i said, that ain't very regularly.

In fact last night we ran with only 1 cleric and an infil at one point and still ruled all :drink:

Basically like someone says... get players that know how to play and a few basic chars and you do damn well!

vintervargen

Banned
cleric, cleric, heretic, friar, paladin, sorc, merc, merc

bard, warden, druid, druid, hero(LW), hero(LW), bm(pierce), bm(pierce)

healer, healer, shaman, warlock, sm(dark), warrior, zerk, zerk

Helme

Resident Freddy
Healer
Healer
Healer
Shaman
Runemaster(Darkcarver)
Dark SM
BD
Zerk

This group would totally rock! actually it did rock :x

Hi btw! xD

Belomar

Part of the furniture
vintervargen said:
cleric, cleric, heretic, friar, paladin, sorc, merc, merc
Interesting! A Heretic in a balanced group. I know far too little of Heretics to give an informed opinion (having only watched a dreadful French heretic movie and seen the class from the other side(s) of the fence), so could you elaborate a little more about this?

Lethul

FH is my second home
Belomar said:
Interesting! A Heretic in a balanced group. I know far too little of Heretics to give an informed opinion (having only watched a dreadful French heretic movie and seen the class from the other side(s) of the fence), so could you elaborate a little more about this?

my guess he has never played heretic therefor know nothing about their weaknesses. only seen the odd 1000 dmg tic :)

edit: or he is joking, look at the hib setup :p

Lethul

FH is my second home
Sollac said:

a group of experienced characters with a balanced group fyi

Zede

Part of the furniture
my dear enemies, come cluster be prepared for :

2 x Cleric
2 x Mini
4 x Reaver

( or 2 x merc 2 x reaver, bomb is the important thing, heck maybe even a ML8 RR5 tic !!)

All rr7+ ofc

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
BARD
DRUID
DRUID
DRUID
BM
BM
BM
Hero

Bard