Everybodies Oppinion on best and favourite group setup for each realm!

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
reaver is really really nice for tower/bridge busting but not much else. only being able to do good dmg from the rear is a severe limitation compared to a merc and they dont have the utility of friar/paladin as a bg'ers. which is a shame cos the dps debuff aura and the fact they _can_ kill pretty fast solo prolly makes them the ideal BG.

alb: cant make a perfect fg til mythic give us 9slots, any setup u make will be lacking smth important and the enemy groups just need to adapt to exploit that weakness.

hib: bm bm champ warden chanter drood drood bard
mid: warlock warlock warlock savage savage shammy healer healer ...

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
3x drood, bard, hero, bm, bm, bainshee/eld/chanter (2drood,warden,bard,eld,chanter,bm,hero)
3x healer, shaman, zerk, zerk/svg, sm, warrior
2x cleric, friar, pala, theurg, sorc, merc, merc/caba

Ging

Part of the furniture
Konah said:
alb: cant make a perfect fg til mythic give us 9slots, any setup u make will be lacking smth important and the enemy groups just need to adapt to exploit that weakness.

so true....

ins2oo3

Banned
Thanks alot for every1s input! :D Heta u say this is ur setup on US ? u run nicely ?

I ran on pryd other day with a really really stupid group setup and lost 2 fights outa about 20 hehe setup was

Cleric Cleric Mincer Mincer Arms Reaver Wizz Caba - no cc no end and we won all fights :D

-. -.-- -.-.

Fledgling Freddie
My opinion on the reaver is that its a very good class and gives a group a very good advantage in FG battles, however its one of the classes in albion that gets over-looked on the basis of group utility, something albion unfortunately lacks.

If you want to use a reaver in a group, you have to sacrifice something, be that resists, heals, damage, however you gain ALOT in return. I think if the reaver existed in HIB or MID, it wouldnt have a problem being in groups, I could garantee you 90% of groups would run with one.

The reaver is a class with,
Interupts,
DPS debuffs,
Slam,
High dps back style 9used 90% of time 'cos targets are ALWAYS running),
Bodyguard,
Guard,
Grapple,

and at higher RRs
TWF3, Purge3.

Think how effective TWF3 is and how effective grapple and bodyguard/guard are, great tools and great utlity for a group, and a reaver with Purge3 won't have any problems with roots.

Look at a merc, what does a merc have? High dps, and 90% of targets are running from them, so a reaver slamming and doing levi on those targets assisting the merc is a great coupleing. DAoC a year ago was about a game of CC, nowadays its all about damage becuase of all the ToA bonuses etc making casters damage output and casting speed insane so I hardly find myself being rooted or mezzed anymore and left alone, instead im just being nuked on.

I think you need to look at a reaver in a different way than other classes, as alot of classes have an instant impact to a group, a reaver isnt one of these classes. Its a class that develops into a great class at high RR and MLs, at low RR its just sometihng which is no other than a mere random to the group and is typically the type of reaver most groups see, becuase they don't give them 5 minutes chance to see how good they potentially can become, and go with a merc instead, they want the simple group thats proven to work, they want to win but they don't want to play about with the group setup becuase they fear losing, and you will lose with a low RR reaver, the group just needs to see themselves through this and work on it.

If you look at what a reaver can become rather than what it is, then you can see what a great addition to a FG it can be potentialy. It just takes time and pateince to put trust into the class, just to see how effective it is.

90% of albion see's a reaver and instantly asks if that reaver is a BL, infact 90% of the time that reaver will ask the group becuase the group never bothers to ask him, they just assume he's fotm. If he's not a BL they basically overlook them and try find a merc.

A BL reaver is only good at rr5+, fact. A reaver anything lower than rr5 is a solo reaver and he will excell at soloing becuase of abilities such as the end pentalty ML and ML9.

I've been both specs and I can say that a BL reaver isnt as good as what people think, if your running a group with 2 mercs their likely to both be using banespike and ML9, and so therefore having 3 BL tanks in a group is kinda overkill. Sure having bomb is nice, but it only works at RR5+, and with the lag lately ive often found the lag between ML8 - RR5 getting me killed. plus also only being effective every 10 mins kinda gimps your classes utility.

I've played BM and I can say it is 10x more boring than BL, its sooooooooooooooo boring grappling and BG'ing targets and having to spam /target macros and swap BG makes twisting on a minstrel look easy but your group benefits from it 10x more than using a BL reaver,

for example..
rr9 theurg has 2 tanks on him, I say.. run to me and I'll BG, I bg the theurg, drop twf3, get merc to run in with tendrils, I then use oppression.. caster runs off and goes on his merry way... if he's got a tank on him, I grapple him or if he's got more thna 1 I slam them both and then BG caster..

another instance..

group gets mezzed, I've still got my purge up cos I have purge3, rest of group has theirs down, enemy casters run into middle of group and starts pbaoe.. I purge and start spamming interupts, the casters can't PB, cleric spreadheals, mercs drop ML1 and ML9 rest of group run out becuase mezz been broken by pbaoe and come back from a fight which woulda ended badly had the reaver not interupted those casters, and he could do this becuase he had Purge3 up, which will be up 90% of the time.

CC is a reavers bane, especially roots, and with a reaver who has Purge3 and hopefully a few levels of det when that patch is inc, it doesnt really become so much of a problem for reavers. Also, becuase reavers primary damage is levi, a reaver can invest in levels of MOM, rather than like all other tanks, have to invest in MoPain, AS / AD.. etc so this free's up spots in reavers RA points to invest in AM / EM at higher RR's etc.

I'll preach this and I'll keep on preaching it, cos someone someday is gonna listen and benefit from it, I have no doubt in my mind that the reaver class has 100x more utility than anytank in the game, it has access to the best ML paths and also TWF, probably one of the best RA's and one of the best things ever a group can have access to. The reaver class is the best tank of all realms imo, no class comes close to its damage output, sure its anytime styles are uter shite, hits like a pussy compared to pretty much all other tanks, but what casters or healer doesnt run when someone hitting them? So 90% of time their gonna be using levi, extreemly high DPS, no-body likes levi.

Sorry about messy post, and sorry if it seems a little black and white, saying this is definately going to happen, I'm just expressing my experiences and obviously its gonna be different from what everyone else thinks, but thought I may aswell add input cos someone might listen and understand the points im trying to get across.

ALBION NEEDS REAVERS. Groups have to move with the times and try new setups becuase albion goes on this concept of, if something works.. well keep on using it, we won't try anything new becuase we simply feel we don't need to, but groups constantly adapt and change playstyles and this is when albion groups need to adapt also, I think albion groups don't change thier setp half as much as hib/mid groups do, maybe this is todo with utlity but still, albion groups don't alter setups as much as they should. I remeber from my short time in TT that the setup worked very well, particualry becuase Matt is such a good caby :p but I honetsly felt a sense of joy the times I grouped with them, a group had finally listened to what i had been trying to get groups todo for years, and it actually worked really really well, for me anyway.. dunno bout rest of group but I thought it went well hehe :p

Minimac

Fledgling Freddie
-. -.-- -.-. said:
My opinion on the reaver is that its a very good class and gives a group a very good advantage in FG battles, however its one of the classes in albion that gets over-looked on the basis of group utility, something albion unfortunately lacks.

If you want to use a reaver in a group, you have to sacrifice something, be that resists, heals, damage, however you gain ALOT in return. I think if the reaver existed in HIB or MID, it wouldnt have a problem being in groups, I could garantee you 90% of groups would run with one.

The reaver is a class with,
Interupts,
DPS debuffs,
Slam,
High dps back style 9used 90% of time 'cos targets are ALWAYS running),
Bodyguard,
Guard,
Grapple,

and at higher RRs
TWF3, Purge3.

Think how effective TWF3 is and how effective grapple and bodyguard/guard are, great tools and great utlity for a group, and a reaver with Purge3 won't have any problems with roots.

Look at a merc, what does a merc have? High dps, and 90% of targets are running from them, so a reaver slamming and doing levi on those targets assisting the merc is a great coupleing. DAoC a year ago was about a game of CC, nowadays its all about damage becuase of all the ToA bonuses etc making casters damage output and casting speed insane so I hardly find myself being rooted or mezzed anymore and left alone, instead im just being nuked on.

I think you need to look at a reaver in a different way than other classes, as alot of classes have an instant impact to a group, a reaver isnt one of these classes. Its a class that develops into a great class at high RR and MLs, at low RR its just sometihng which is no other than a mere random to the group and is typically the type of reaver most groups see, becuase they don't give them 5 minutes chance to see how good they potentially can become, and go with a merc instead, they want the simple group thats proven to work, they want to win but they don't want to play about with the group setup becuase they fear losing, and you will lose with a low RR reaver, the group just needs to see themselves through this and work on it.

If you look at what a reaver can become rather than what it is, then you can see what a great addition to a FG it can be potentialy. It just takes time and pateince to put trust into the class, just to see how effective it is.

90% of albion see's a reaver and instantly asks if that reaver is a BL, infact 90% of the time that reaver will ask the group becuase the group never bothers to ask him, they just assume he's fotm. If he's not a BL they basically overlook them and try find a merc.

A BL reaver is only good at rr5+, fact. A reaver anything lower than rr5 is a solo reaver and he will excell at soloing becuase of abilities such as the end pentalty ML and ML9.

I've been both specs and I can say that a BL reaver isnt as good as what people think, if your running a group with 2 mercs their likely to both be using banespike and ML9, and so therefore having 3 BL tanks in a group is kinda overkill. Sure having bomb is nice, but it only works at RR5+, and with the lag lately ive often found the lag between ML8 - RR5 getting me killed. plus also only being effective every 10 mins kinda gimps your classes utility.

I've played BM and I can say it is 10x more boring than BL, its sooooooooooooooo boring grappling and BG'ing targets and having to spam /target macros and swap BG makes twisting on a minstrel look easy but your group benefits from it 10x more than using a BL reaver,

for example..
rr9 theurg has 2 tanks on him, I say.. run to me and I'll BG, I bg the theurg, drop twf3, get merc to run in with tendrils, I then use oppression.. caster runs off and goes on his merry way... if he's got a tank on him, I grapple him or if he's got more thna 1 I slam them both and then BG caster..

another instance..

group gets mezzed, I've still got my purge up cos I have purge3, rest of group has theirs down, enemy casters run into middle of group and starts pbaoe.. I purge and start spamming interupts, the casters can't PB, cleric spreadheals, mercs drop ML1 and ML9 rest of group run out becuase mezz been broken by pbaoe and come back from a fight which woulda ended badly had the reaver not interupted those casters, and he could do this becuase he had Purge3 up, which will be up 90% of the time.

CC is a reavers bane, especially roots, and with a reaver who has Purge3 and hopefully a few levels of det when that patch is inc, it doesnt really become so much of a problem for reavers. Also, becuase reavers primary damage is levi, a reaver can invest in levels of MOM, rather than like all other tanks, have to invest in MoPain, AS / AD.. etc so this free's up spots in reavers RA points to invest in AM / EM at higher RR's etc.

I'll preach this and I'll keep on preaching it, cos someone someday is gonna listen and benefit from it, I have no doubt in my mind that the reaver class has 100x more utility than anytank in the game, it has access to the best ML paths and also TWF, probably one of the best RA's and one of the best things ever a group can have access to. The reaver class is the best tank of all realms imo, no class comes close to its damage output, sure its anytime styles are uter shite, hits like a pussy compared to pretty much all other tanks, but what casters or healer doesnt run when someone hitting them? So 90% of time their gonna be using levi, extreemly high DPS, no-body likes levi.

Sorry about messy post, and sorry if it seems a little black and white, saying this is definately going to happen, I'm just expressing my experiences and obviously its gonna be different from what everyone else thinks, but thought I may aswell add input cos someone might listen and understand the points im trying to get across.

ALBION NEEDS REAVERS. Groups have to move with the times and try new setups becuase albion goes on this concept of, if something works.. well keep on using it, we won't try anything new becuase we simply feel we don't need to, but groups constantly adapt and change playstyles and this is when albion groups need to adapt also, I think albion groups don't change thier setp half as much as hib/mid groups do, maybe this is todo with utlity but still, albion groups don't alter setups as much as they should. I remeber from my short time in TT that the setup worked very well, particualry becuase Matt is such a good caby :p but I honetsly felt a sense of joy the times I grouped with them, a group had finally listened to what i had been trying to get groups todo for years, and it actually worked really really well, for me anyway.. dunno bout rest of group but I thought it went well hehe :p

and when is this book released ?? :D and will their be a volume 2

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
mid: healer/healer/healer/shaman/zerk/zerk/sm/bd
alb: cleric/cleric/cleric/sorc/merc/merc/theurg/pally or merc might manage as well
hib: bard/warden/drood/drood/bm/bm/eld/champ or bm or hero

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
for fighting midduls: drood drood warden bard bm bm champ bainshee/chanter
for fighting albs: drood drood warden bard bm champ eld chanter/bm

alb: cleric cleric sorc theurg caba friar merc merc

mid: healer healer healer/skald shaman sm bd/sm zerk zerk/svg

edit: there's a few exceptions, the list is purely theoretical :p mages that are well played are rare as hell, so it doesn't really matter what class they play. for example the chanter class has limits (range mainly), but i'd still want to group with him over any other mage any day of the week

same for the alb setup, a well played pala > an average friar hands down

Galaha

Fledgling Freddie
alb:Cleric Cleric Sorc caby/Wizard pally arsman/friar merc merc.
mid: healer healer healer shamy zerker/savage zerker bone/warrior sm.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Druid Druid Druid Bard Warden Banshee Eldritch Blademaster/Champion

Can that work? :p

Or maybe

Druid Druid Druid Druid Bard Warden +2x Mages

Kanim

Banned
for mid:
m/p healur, m/a healur, shaman, skald, svg, zerk, zerk, bd imo.

for hib:
bard druid druid warden bm bm champ bainshee is good, exchanging the bainshee for a vamp might work too.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Teslacoil said:
FC have had 1 weird but nice grp out that's been killing all mid grp's for the past day's, only time i seem em loose is when a mid grp adds.

its a nice group, and yeah the friar is very good at bging - they did quite well against us, QQ irl at saveus with powerrelics and perma bg

Kanim

Banned
Teslacoil said:
FC have had 1 weird but nice grp out that's been killing all mid grp's for the past day's, only time i seem em loose is when a mid grp adds.

hmm what was setup again.

pala(bg),friar(bg),merc,merc,cleric,cleric,sorc,caba i think it is

its a good grp aye, pretty much the same setup pe run on pryd (cept they run theurg over caba). But they don't win always, I think we only lost a couple of times to them and we were without sc on the svg and no skald :)

Sobek

Fledgling Freddie
Hibernia: usual support, 2x Blademasters, 1x eld/shee, hero/champ
Midgard: 2x Healers, 1x Shaman, 1x Thane, 1x zerk, 1x svg, 1x bd, 1x sm
Albion: usual base setup, Theur, friar, 2x mercs

censi

Can't get enough of FH
hib: ranger, ranger, ranger, ranger, NS, NS, NS, NS
alb: mincer, mincer, mincer, scout, scout, inf, inf, inf
mid: hunter, hunter, hunter, hunter, SB, SB, SB SB

visuals dont count and were only ever introduced to daoc to give us stealthers something to QQ about.

;)

ins2oo3

Banned
Very nice to see a Reaver preacher btw :) must admit it gets frustrating as reaver not getting rvr groups due to the narrow mindedness of albs these days if ur a tank and not a pally or a merc ppl dont wanna know :p

censi

Can't get enough of FH
reavers are ridiculously overpowered from my point of view.

FG reavers all doing reaver bomb for the win!

Elahim

Fledgling Freddie
On Lamorak we are trying two different setups atm :

Druid Druid Bard Bard Hero Champ BM Eld

and

Druid Druid Bard Hero Champ Eld BM BM

quite fun!

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
its a nice group, and yeah the friar is very good at bging - they did quite well against us, QQ irl at saveus with powerrelics and perma bg

Whats wrong with 2-shotting the BGer with champ rr5? :D

xorland

Banned
Cleric Cleric Sorc Theurg Cabalist Paladin Merc Merc

Druid Druid Bard Warden Champ Blademaster Blademaster Vampiir

Healer Healer Shaman Bonedancer Savage Beserker Beserker Skald

Calo

Part of the furniture
7 np players + me for giving speed and leeching rp! *my dream!*

oh and fb can leech speed with his hunter also.

Wela

One of Freddy's beloved
Hib: Bard - Druid - Druid - Druid - Bm - Champ - Hero - VW
Alb: Sorc - Caby - Cleric - Cleric - Merc - Merc - Merc - Pala
Mid: Healer - Healer - Healer - Zerk - Zerk - Zerk - Zerk - Shami

Saveus

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:

Ya;) its nice

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Fuaip said:
Druid(Nurture) - Perfecter - Heals + Buffs
Druid(Nature) - Convoker - Root + Heals
Not getting into the setup discussion, but I'm going to disagree with the above; in my opinion, the days of Nature being a viable Druid spec are over. Roots are soon a thing of the past anyway with the upcoming Determination boost, and shears are sooo much more useful anyway. Actually taking the next step and also making the Druid a Convoker instead of Perfector seems an utter waste to me; just one AE cure disease and cure NS is not enough to cut it, and Convoker toys are not justified for a Druid.

My Druid setup would be this:
Druid (39Nurt/35Reg/12Nat) - Perfector - heals + shears + interrupt
Druid (44Nurt/31Reg/4Nat) - Perfector - heals + shears + interrupt

I guess it's a matter of playstyle, but I feel much more useful with 44nurt/31reg over my old 40reg/36nat.

Neo

Loyal Freddie
Cleric
Cleric
Cleric
Sorc
Theurg
Merc
merc
Palla

:D

Danamyr