Evanescence Rock

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol wow definately some peeps who need anger management courses here, im not too snooty when it comes to music if it makes me feel a certain way or want to shake mah booty then imo its good if it makes me want to puke then i switch the radio over simple as that. though i do agree with the dude that said about people who actually write and sing their own stuff getting slated while britteny spears gets away with all sorts of cheap marketing tricks, then again thee has been one or two of her songs ive liked and just because people write and sing their own music doesnt make them good (i mean i could write sommit and sing it and i guarentee it'd be crap). and people are generally music snobs they hear say a country song and are like eek cowboy music turn it over!!! before theyve even listened to it, same with classical or rap (lots of peoples parents say ooh cant stand rap!! even though theyve never listened to it) i think people are definately too closed minded when it comes to music the thing to remember is you should enjoy it no matter if its trendy or origional if it makes you feel good or brings up special memories then so what if no one else likes it or will call you lame for liking it, its the people who only listen to the trendy stuff so they will be admired and thought cool by others that are really fake and lame. wow @ essay tbh

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Sar said:
They're great you bunch of pretentious twonks.

:)

I have no opinion really. Does that make me pretentious or lazy ?

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
I had Fallen in my CD player for a couple weeks and it was pretty decent with a couple of the tracks (Tourniquet and My Last Breath) standing out. But it didn't really have any lasting value and I haven't listened to it since. I heard an unplugged broadcast they did on some radio station, can't remember which song it was but it was fuckin awful - she was horribly flat on a lot of notes and her voice was nowhere near as powerful as on the CD. That pretty much put me off them for good.

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Do Busted write their own songs then? If so then maybe someone should advise them to write some good ones ;) oh and advise that kid to shave his eyebrows off, it's like two furry animal carcasses stuck to his forehead.

And as I stated earlier, Evanescence aren't worth the time of day really.

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
Ezteq said:
lol wow definately some peeps who need anger management courses here, im not too snooty when it comes to music if it makes me feel a certain way or want to shake mah booty then imo its good if it makes me want to puke then i switch the radio..

*snip*

Sar

Part of the furniture
The level of vitriol some people show towards, what is at the end of the day, just a bunch of people plying their trade to anybody who'll pay, is amazing.

I'd seriously suggest some people take a step back from their lives for a minute and figure out what's really important in life. Honestly. The worst anyone should feel about music they don't like is either apathy or mild dislike - I dislike J-Lo, because she's a pretentiously blinged spoilt diva-brat. But I wouldn't go to the levels some people go to, on here for one.

I dunno, puberty, it's a bitch I guess.

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
Seems like you're taking what is said too seriously.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I've found a pot, can someone get me a kettle to complete a well known saying?

Anyway, I generally quite like Nu-Metal. Linkin Park are shit, clearly, and Evanescence are the worst band ever (altho I share Xtro's sentiments about the lead singer). However there are still some great tunes out there in the land of nu-metal - Lostprophets, pre-Rollin Limp Bizkit, early Korn, all of Faith No More's stuff (the nu-metal band that were around before anyone knew what nu-metal was) to name but a few, and to label the entire genre as poo and only for the kids shows that somebody has labelled it solely on Linkin Park. Which I can do too. All indie music is boring and aimed at sales reps on the M6. I mean, I've heard Travis and Coldplay, I'm clearly in a position of authority to cast judgement.

(To anyone who didn't realise I wasn't being entirely serious then, I actually quite like Indie music)
Oh, and I think the best way for me to sum up Evanescence has already been said, so I think I'll just quote it again.

Evanescence are shit, lamer.
Played Nos.

Sar

Part of the furniture
maxi said:
Seems like you're taking what is said too seriously.
Not really, just some people take things way too seriously.

Which is what I was saying, I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom