Goddamn Rock Paper Shotgun

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
and their fucking proselytizing.

You're meant to be a videogames review site, not a social guardian or arbiter of online morality. So STOP WRITING THESE FUCKING PIECES ffs :eek:

IIRC the last one I came across they were supporting some bird's rape claim by naming and shaming the recipient of said claim. However, as far as I'm concerned that's just spreading gossip. If they were remotely interested in justice (for either party) rather than droning on about "rape culture" then they'd be putting their concerns to the police, for the courts to sort out, rather than publishing bilge in an attempt to influence the court of public opinion...

I used to really rate this site, but it's quickly going down the pan.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Fuck RPS, Kotaku, Polygon and all the other gawker/clickbait sites, that think employing people to write SJW nonsense is a good idea.
Just stop visiting them and giving them ad revenue.

This guys vid series on it pretty much is the same as my POV:

Last edited:

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I used to really rate this site, but it's quickly going down the pan.

I agree but not for the same reason. I just think the reviews have gone to shit. The odd random preaching article has always been one of their things and frankly easy to ignore.

Fuck RPS, Kotaku, Polygon and all the other gawker/clickbait sites

RPS has never been a clickbait site, they used to be one of the few decent review sites around. Any recommendations for where I can idle these days?

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Polygon, I've never seen a site be released, rise, and fall again so quickly. What a shit site is has become.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Not really, RPS descended into bullshit last year when they hired a bunch of tumblerites, who then decided not to attend PAX because of "anti feminism" material in the penny arcade comics.....

There really isn't a good gaming press because they're all so reliant on keeping costs down by hiring fresh grads who they expect to last 2 years before moving on, with no sense of ethics and maximum attempts to drive traffic with yellow journalism and clickbaiting.

Frankly I'm surprised toht running some of these sites, he'd be perfect.
I just watch a few youtube reviews of stuff I'm actually interested in because it's way less bullshit than anything on a gaming news site.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Dunno where to go to get quality reviews now tho.

Youtube honestly.

RPS, kotagu, IGN etc are all paid to some degree anyway. Point off here, point there when you get 100k in your bank account from EA. You only get an honest impression/review when gamers themselves make lets plays or quick reviews of them. Reviewers also never give a indepth review since they have to go through a lot of games and don't have time for them. So for something like Civ V you'd get a much more accurate representation from a random guy on the internet.

Also, key rule, look at what the game offers, not what some other guy thinks of it.

Frankly I'm surprised toht isn't running some of these sites, he'd be perfect.

Fixed your flame. I'm not 'cause i'm one of those "gamers first, money last" guys in the business. Principles more then ethics/morals. Which is why i usually don't get my way.

Not to mention even on this site i'm against clickbaiting :p

Though i do take it as a compliment you have such high trust in my adaptive skills.

Last edited:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Most sites are trash now, lazy, sycophantic rubbish. Corrupted by the big publishers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom