Evanescence Rock

Athan

Resident Freddy
Discuss.

-Ath, with 'Fallen' on the 10th or so repeat play through...

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
Utter utter utter utter fucking shit.

Edit to add: I've been watching(more in awe of dredded white boys and ugly fatass bass players) kerrang and stuff like that lately. They often do Top 10s...its ALWAYS the shitty 'ballads' by metal bands that get high in the charts. These things, they are written TERRIBLY...awful lyrics 'high school angst ridden poetry' (and some of these guys are pushing 30) ... it amazes me though. These commercial alternative 'rock' kids are fucking pussies at heart. Retards.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
I wouldn't go so far as to say they are shit.

To describe them as "shit" would imply that you feel strongly about them enough to denounce them. I can't imagine ever having feelings about this band.

I would file them under "banal" or "cold indifference". Which tbh is a lot more damning.

I would love to fuck the singer up the pooper scooper though.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Xtro said:
I would love to fuck the singer up the pooper scooper though.
That doesn't sound quite so indifferent...

I'm genuinely indifferent (with no 'pooper scooper' desires either), none of thier releases did anything for me, just mild irritation and the billionth play on Bring Me Back To Life (was that what it was called?).

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
No its not indifferent, I would love to go up trap #2, but it has nothing to do with their records or her singing.

God I haven't said trap #2 for years, bloody work forcing me to work with Mancs.

Damini

Part of the furniture
I don't really understand the level of animosity directed towards Evanescence. I think the lead singer has got a great voice, and they aren't just nu metal clones like quite a few of the fotm bands. I can understand them not being to everyone's taste, but I can't see why it's so offensive.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Damini said:
I don't really understand the level of animosity directed towards Evanescence. I think the lead singer has got a great voice, and they aren't just nu metal clones like quite a few of the fotm bands. I can understand them not being to everyone's taste, but I can't see why it's so offensive.

Because they've taken the style of bands like After Forever and Within Temptation, taken the music skill out and churned it out. It is essentially nu-metal with a fairly okay woman singer. I like the style, but, because I can appreciate the music behind it other than the fact it is a woman used in combination with metal I can't stand Evanescence. And besides, if you want female vocal power, whateverhernameis is a speck of dust on the vocalist from After Forever...

(altho she'd get it)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Metal without blast-beats ? What's the point ? :eek7:

shanks

Fledgling Freddie
Wij said:
Metal without blast-beats ? What's the point ? :eek7:

Dumbed down for the kiddies you know. :p

If your into the whole girl singer sings to "agressive" (hardly the case with Evanescence) music you should check out Amaran. Refreshing with a girl that does'nt try and sound like a operetic singer all the time and furthermore they dont try and exploit the fact that she's a woman by dressing her up, she is very cute I must admit though. And as always I bump swedish bands whenever I get the chance, sue me.

Amaran - Pristine In Bondage is the album, I like the track Katharsis the best. I think since it's the only song really utilizing male vocals they have ever done, also a chorus that blows Evanescene out to sea. Anyway, check em out if your tired of over melodramatic stuff like Nightwish or dumbed down goth for dummies like Evanescence.

//Hijacking of thread

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
I think they're complete crap, and that bloke shouting at everyone to "Wank me off!" at the start of each chorus is a bit off putting to say the least :(

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
Bring me back to blah was a rather good song for about 2minutes until I properly listened to it... her voice isn't particularly great either and they are very nu metal.

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
I'm an old git, whats 'Nu Metal' ? Iron Maiden with a new guitarist ? AC/DC with Angus not in Uniform ? Deep Purple with Ian Gillain on vocals again ??
Help me in my ignorance please.

Later

shanks

Fledgling Freddie
Gengi said:
I'm an old git, whats 'Nu Metal' ? Iron Maiden with a new guitarist ? AC/DC with Angus not in Uniform ? Deep Purple with Ian Gillain on vocals again ??
Help me in my ignorance please.

Later

Can be summarized with: :puke:

Or if your really wanna know for whatever reason:

Nu-Metal: The most probably most controverse sub genre of Metal is called New Metal or Nu-Metal. Either you love this style or you hate it. What had been called Crossover or Rap Rock in the past, now is Nu-Metal and is often enriched by a psychopathic band image. The lyrics are aggressive and irate, the riffs heavy, but the music often remains danceable. Pioneers of this "new" sound had been KORN with their self titled debut album 1995, the second big and sound wise less extreme band had been LIMP BIZKIT, who had a mega hit in 1999 with "Significantly Other". The success could be explained with the mix of heavy guitars and Hip Hop, but surely also by a clever marketing of the sound.
Examples: KORN, LIMP BIZKIT, LINKIN PARK. (Rainer Köninger)

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
er thanks I think, I have (well my son has) a couple of Linkin Park cd's so I am now some what more au-fait with what constitutes this particular genre of music. Would Wheatus fit the bill too, the yellow and blue checked album, with Teenage Dirtbag on it, is kind of angry with hip hoppy bits ?

Later

shanks

Fledgling Freddie
Gengi said:
er thanks I think, I have (well my son has) a couple of Linkin Park cd's so I am now some what more au-fait with what constitutes this particular genre of music. Would Wheatus fit the bill too, the yellow and blue checked album, with Teenage Dirtbag on it, is kind of angry with hip hoppy bits ?

Later

Think wheatus is abit too soft to be called metal, atleast judging by Dirtbag. Not like I would touch that album with a ten foot pole so can only judge by the single.

Exoshear

Fledgling Freddie
Lacuna Coil > Evanescence. Although saying that I do like Evanescence somewhat.

Athan

Resident Freddy
Exoshear said:
Lacuna Coil > Evanescence. Although saying that I do like Evanescence somewhat.

Someone bunged me a couple of Lacuna Coil tracks, and yeah I like them too.

Oh and \/ to the pretentious twats saying Evanescence are crap :p. Tbh, in general I don't MUCH mind if a band is in some way manufactured (and I'm not saying Evanescence is), so long as a I enjoy the music.

-Ath

mank!

Part of the furniture
Athan said:
Someone bunged me a couple of Lacuna Coil tracks, and yeah I like them too.

Oh and \/ to the pretentious twats saying Evanescence are crap :p. Tbh, in general I don't MUCH mind if a band is in some way manufactured (and I'm not saying Evanescence is), so long as a I enjoy the music.

-Ath

Not liking a band is pretentious?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
nu-metal is metal with no heart with ***** who failed to get into westlife taking their spots writing god awful shit like busted ( to hear them described as anything other than shit filled cock cheese makes my heart wrench ) they are just the latest band and genre to arselick and when busted split all the radio 1 deejays will be taking the piss and quickly taking back handers from the new band to fill their place.

this is popular music this is the single charts, fuck it all.

Damini

Part of the furniture
Actually, I have a first bit of respect for Busted. They write their own songs, they perform live, and they are in control of their own careers. It's not my music, but hey, fair play to them for doing what they do, enjoying it, and doing it well enough to get recognition and a thriving fan base.

What does gall me is when you see Britney Spears, writhing around like someone's snuck a vibrator in her knickers and a pill in her drink, miming to heavily synthethised vocals of a song which she didn't write, whilst flinging herself about in ludicrously pseudo erotic dance moves, and then pretending she's a lesbian with Madonna, and then repeating it in another video when that got media response.

I think music is fantastic, and if people can genuinely write, sing, or perform then they get no malice from me. I resent market music, made purely to pump money from teeny bop kids (he's the cute one! Fancy him! Buy the pencil case! Buy the PILLOW CASE! He loves you, criminally underage girls! He could be YOUR boyfriend!) and I dislike artists that call themselves singers, although the only singing they ever do is in a studio and put through so many effects that it's unrecognisable. If you dance on stage and mime, you're a dancer you can move her lips. Well done. You aren't a singer. Beyond that though, I have very little hatred for music. Different horses for different courses.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
I like Evanescense. I might be very ignorant as to why a band has made a song, why a band is created, who the band is, as long as i like the music. To those that say theres no heart in the music, I don't hear music to understand the greater meaning of life, it is but another entertainment for me.

-Tas

Athan

Resident Freddy
\/ Nos :p.

I'm going to see Evanescence in May at the NEC. And everyone I've talked to who has already seen them in concert say they're absolutely fantastic, so ner!

-Ath

Sar

Part of the furniture
They're great you bunch of pretentious twonks.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom