European Beta starts with next push!

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
"Battlefields will be put into the next push, at the same time as the European beta starts (which will have the same features as the US closed beta)."

also (for those worried about the Mythic > Goa fiasco):
"The game will be played on the same version; patches should be put up at the same time or within 24 hours of each other."

Blizzard European Press Tour: Stockholm

*jumps up and down*

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
Sometime in between "when pig's fly" and "when hell freezes over" I believe.

Alex

Fledgling Freddie
Well, the next push in the US started yesterday , so it will take some time before the next one will be. :m00:

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
This makes the European delay look even weirder with the fast patching speeds.

Hessian

Fledgling Freddie
Good to hear there won't be a patching delay ....but Eu beta :touch:

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Great news, but it will take quite a while for the new push to start :(

I can't wait!

ReaLX

Fledgling Freddie
harebear said:
I bet I don't get in 8(
Thats the annoying thing... everybody is waiting for it, but probably most of us won't even get in :)

Lian

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I doubt I get in either, though i made a lot work of how i was GM and raid leader of one of the biggest guilds on the DAOC PvP server.. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
We could argue that we 'make' FH and that its a fan site, perhaps? 8<

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Yes! Now we just need a mastermind to device this cunning plan that will allow us all into the beta!! :)

Stekkerdoos

Fledgling Freddie
Well we still have 7 days before they brake the promise the made on the European WoW site ;)

This was posted on 03-09-2004

We are aware that many of you, like us, are eager for the European beta test to begin. We understand and appreciate your interest in World of Warcraft and wanted to update you on exactly where the European beta test currently stands. The European sign-ups were a huge success, thanks to you, and were much bigger than we anticipated. Hence, the process of selecting testers has taken longer than expected, but the good news is that the process is now complete. Over the past few weeks, our growing European teams have been striving to prepare the technical platform to support the beta test, and we are now in the final stages of implementing the required technology. It is our intention to post an announcement very soon that indicates the specific date in September when the European World of Warcraft closed beta test will start. Under the current schedule, the first wave of selected testers will be notified by e-mail a couple of days before the beta launch. Thank you for your patience, and we hope to have you playing World of Warcraft as soon as possible!

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Blizzard did say that the next patch would follow quite rapidly after this current one.

However, looking at the problems with latest patch discussions on the official forums, I'd say that'll be a difficult promise to keep.

/em still don't see why the English version of the game isn't released at the same time as the US version.

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
/em still don't see why the English version of the game isn't released at the same time as the US version.

Cos there would be mega wajn from french/germans. Dunno if it would work, but why not have a language chouce when installing, then be able to choose a language for when you download the patches... the same way single player games work? Could get it to everyone then... 8<

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Pfft, they should learn to speak english then :mad:

Hell, if they translated WoW to Finnish, I wouldn't touch that ;)

mts

Fledgling Freddie
Lumikki said:
Pfft, they should learn to speak english then :mad:

Hell, if they translated WoW to Finnish, I wouldn't touch that ;)

same with norwegian/swedish/danish.. i would just be too corny/weird :| (even if they got the thousand++ playerbase).

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
But don't forget, we get the privilege to talk to GM's in our native language!!!11

Oh really?

Last time I checked, Europe has more than 3 languages (english/german/french) - and most of the countries are fully capable of speaking english (atleast well enough to get their point across). *sigh*

The european servers are already up, unsure what the status of the translations are though. (wierd that the korean translation is done...)

Local billing support doesn't need to be done in time for beta, and would be the only somewhat reasonable reason to post-pone the retail release in europe.

Only left-over reason I can think of would be that Blizzard need a "content complete" patch for the europe version. After all, we're just here to test the european server infrastructure, not the game itself.

Tua

Fledgling Freddie
The reason for the korean translation is done before the european is, no doubt, that Blizzard have had great success in Korea, where Blizzard is about the second largest religion :)

Oh, and its dangerous to annoy such silly but fanatical littul koreans

ABD

Fledgling Freddie
givf wow! :twak:

need something to waste my pointless existance on :wij:

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
So.. when exactly are the emails going out? Or isn't there a set date?

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
No set date Dil, Blizz said they will be sent few days before the launch of the beta. 2-3 weeks i'd say...

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Lumikki said:
No set date Dil, Blizz said they will be sent few days before the launch of the beta. 2-3 weeks i'd say...
Which would mean they'd break the promise of the beta starting in September... not a good public relations move.

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Blizzard don't really seem to give 2 fucks about Europe anyway :p

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
Which would mean they'd break the promise of the beta starting in September... not a good public relations move.

people will still play wow, blizzard is more known to not keep dates than to keep them. id like to think its because they want their games to be the best they can be aswell as in this case, serverperformance. :m00:

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Tinu said:
people will still play wow, blizzard is more known to not keep dates than to keep them. id like to think its because they want their games to be the best they can be aswell as in this case, serverperformance. :m00:
Blizzard is very well known for not promising too much (in comparison to other game companies). We'll just have to wait and see what's the case this time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom