[Europe Coop Server] Petition

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Svartmetall said:
Actually I think that one was German, in fact :D...I say English because English is the most common common language in Europe, certainly the most common second language. If memory serves that was why it was chosen for Camlann; Camlann was never intended to be the "3rd. English server", it is the Euro PvP server.
The reason why Camlann was made in English is that there was a need for 3rd server in English and for a PvP-server - two flies in one hit! :p Whatever the GOA's logic is we wont understand it so dont get disappointed if the coop-server would be in Swedish :m00: As for what comes with "Euro PvP server", well, all the GOA servers are Euro-servers, only thing that differs is the language and therefore Camlann is 3rd English server.
Svarmetall said:
Hmm, I'm not seeing your logic here? With TOA being a PvE expansion, surely it's a dead cert for a co-op server? The more PvE content, the better...
As long as the ToA items are far superior compared to items dropped in SI/Classic ToA seems to remain as the only PvE element (=people doesn't seem to be interested in SI/Classic raids). ToA is same for each realm so old players wouldn't really see new content on coop-server (which would be the main reason for me to play on PvP/coop server).

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Saggy said:
The reason why Camlann was made in English is that there was a need for 3rd server in English and for a PvP-server - two flies in one hit!
Actually I'm fairly sure I've seen Requiel say point blank that GOA do not consider Camlann the '3rd. UK server'.

so dont get disappointed if the coop-server would be in Swedish :m00:
Fine by me, as long as we get one.

As long as the ToA items are far superior compared to items dropped in SI/Classic ToA seems to remain as the only PvE element (=people doesn't seem to be interested in SI/Classic raids). ToA is same for each realm so old players wouldn't really see new content on coop-server (which would be the main reason for me to play on PvP/coop server).
OK, I think I see what you mean. Just seems to me that all-inclusive would be the way to go - just 'cos Sobekite Eternal is there, doesn't mean you can't choose to go to Galla or TG or wherever...

Choice is what this is all about anyway.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Svartmetall said:
Actually I'm fairly sure I've seen Requiel say point blank that GOA do not consider Camlann the '3rd. UK server'.
I would be very surprised to see someone from GOA saying that Excalibur is the 1st UK server and Prydwen the 2nd - All of the servers are euro-servers, nationality has absolutely nothing to do with it. Only things that differs on servers is the language used and the gametype, that's it.
Svartmetall said:
OK, I think I see what you mean. Just seems to me that all-inclusive would be the way to go - just 'cos Sobekite Eternal is there, doesn't mean you can't choose to go to Galla or TG or wherever...

Choice is what this is all about anyway.

Said this in my first post already :p

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Svartmetall said:
Hmm, I'm not seeing your logic here? With TOA being a PvE expansion, surely it's a dead cert for a co-op server? The more PvE content, the better...

Regardless of what Mythic say, ToA was an RvR expansion. What else is there to do in ToA, aside from farming for Artifacts and MLs, which most people do to compete in RvR. ToA is just another step you need to take, before entering the arena. Have you seen any XP groups shift to ToA, as they did to SI?

SI was different. It brought new areas to XP in and several quests which players weren't forced to do. You didn't need to buy SI to continue RvR, so it can be said SI was a PvE expansion. Mythic learned from their mistake and made sure 100% that all of their subscribers would buy ToA :p

Anyway... you aren't giving GOA a reason to give you a coop server.
I'd like to see a cybor-server where anyone found wearing armour is perma-banned! It's sure to be a big hit and probably 50 people will sign a petition for it. Will GOA give us the server, or will they think: "These subscribers are already giving us money, they all have auto-renew on their accounts and will continue to give us money regardless. lol m8s, no."

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
Regardless of what Mythic say, ToA was an RvR expansion. What else is there to do in ToA, aside from farming for Artifacts and MLs, which most people do to compete in RvR.

Bit of a contradiction there, I believe what Mythic said was that ToA wouldn't have any impact on RvR - this was ofc bollocks, every patch+expansion has had an impact on RvR. For lack of a better word RvR is DAoC's Endgame, so every change to the PvE aspect of the game is going to impact on the RvR aspect regardless of Mythic's intentions.

The reason ToA had a larger effect on RvR than all the previous patches is because they more or less added in some new complications (Re: Stats and bonuses) to cover up the screwup they made with Spellcrafting.

Escape said:
Anyway... you aren't giving GOA a reason to give you a coop server.

Isn't the basis of business to serve the needs and requirements of your customers? The very fact that there is interest in a PvE/Coop server-type should be enough of a reason.

I can understand if you don't like the idea of a PvE server, what I don't understand is why people feel the need to essencially copy&paste each other giving the same tired reasons for and against getting a PvE server. If you don't want one wouldn't it be a better idea to not saying anything? By replying to this post your adding more posts, and by adding more posts your increasing the chances that sombody from GOA will notice it.

In essence, your helping us by drawing GOA's attention to it. They already know the reasons for not having one, we're trying to give them enough reason to give us one.

Thanks for your help ;)

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Archeon said:
Bit of a contradiction there... so every change to the PvE aspect of the game is going to impact on the RvR aspect regardless of Mythic's intentions.

Isn't the basis of business to serve the needs and requirements of your customers? The very fact that there is interest in a PvE/Coop server-type should be enough of a reason.

There wasn't a contradiction! As I said, a true PvE expansion was SI, which added lots of new PvE content and items, but these weren't needed to RvR. Some of the new items had nice procs/stats, but you could get along without them. SI is still better for XP groups, than ToA. The whole idea behind ToA is to improve your lv50 Character, essentially for RvR.

Business works by increasing sales and lowering costs. In order to profit from a coop server, they need to see how many "new" and not "existing" subscribers will use it. If the revenue generated by the "new" subscribers will cover the cost and maintenance of the coop server, it's worth opening.

+ I'm not against the coop server, if it opened I'd definately play there... but I'm not keeping my hopes up ;)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Too late now, EQ2 beta downloading, very limited PvE content in DAOC now... <waves>

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Escape said:
I'd like to see a cybor-server where anyone found wearing armour is perma-banned! It's sure to be a big hit and probably 50 people will sign a petition for it. Will GOA give us the server, or will they think: "These subscribers are already giving us money, they all have auto-renew on their accounts and will continue to give us money regardless. lol m8s, no."
:D /signed :m00:

PvE in all euro-servers sucks compared to US ones anyway - I haven't seen a single ML raid, SI raid or pretty much any raid that wouldn't have been organised with the help of Yanks walkthroughs or bug-abuse tips. For me example PvE is adventurering (is that a word? :p) and finding new stuff - too hard alone and impossible to find big enough zerg without anyone playing one eye on game and one eye on VoS-guide.
Archeon said:
In essence, your helping us by drawing GOA's attention to it. They already know the reasons for not having one, we're trying to give them enough reason to give us one.
Like you said, people are copy/pasting "the same tired reasons" for and against getting a PvE server so you are not getting any further. I will do my best to spam this thread to help getting a coop-server, those who really want it should actually work for it and give the actual reason to open it - close all the existing accounts you have with a nice little email to GOA why you did it. Once they get ~2000 emails like that they will probably wake up.
Archeon said:
Thanks for your help ;)
Anytime.

Playfair

Fledgling Freddie
Cyfr said:
Just cancel accounts until they give coop :p
You should know by now, goa dont listen to customers unless they are losing money :)

Yes welldone then who willl provide the cash to bring up and maintain the CoOp servers? :twak:

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Playfair said:
Yes welldone then who willl provide the cash to bring up and maintain the CoOp servers? :twak:
The players who left the game and came back for coop-server? And Billy and Charles, the only new players who started to play Daoc thanks to euro coop-server? :m00:

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
coop is stupid, go back to EQ you carebears

even rvr servers are carebear fs

you're all pussies if u dont play pvp.

M

Most

Moo said:
coop is stupid, go back to EQ you carebears

even rvr servers are carebear fs

you're all pussies if u dont play pvp.

If you are not interessted in, stop reply !

Iskander

Fledgling Freddie
Don't think It will happen.
Why should they spend recources on new server(s) when they are already having some underpopulated servers?
Bigher hardware costs, support, patching (it will require a different patch each time) , /sing all you will but you'll never see one I am afraid .

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
They Aint Gonna Do It

Stop Dreaming Carebears

Ormorof

FH is my second home
UndyingAngel said:
Yet another retard playing DAoC, :touch:

he's right though, no matter how much people want it, they wont do it, because it will kill of the other servers (prydwen already has pretty low population)

and so the stealthers will have less to kill and quit, that means goa loose money for main account, bot account and aug healer bot account (for mid that is :D )

will never happen im afraid :D

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
I'll sign up =)

considering it will be the only real way to play a mid toon as on Calaman i instally get ganked everytime i log in ;P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom