[Europe Coop Server] Petition

Margaret

Loyal Freddie
Signed.

And I can't understand people who post saying they don't want a co-op server. There is clear interest in it, and those who aren't interested can simply opt not to play on it. It's not as if it'll threaten the balance of RvR on the other servers.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Margaret said:
Signed.

And I can't understand people who post saying they don't want a co-op server. There is clear interest in it, and those who aren't interested can simply opt not to play on it. It's not as if it'll threaten the balance of RvR on the other servers.

because the l33td00ds wont be able to wtfpwn the pve randoms anymore for a xxx amount of realmpoints a week which means they will have to go back to first person shooters where they will be the -8 kills 78 deaths kind of players because its not as easy as daoc :(

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Morchaoron said:
because the l33td00ds wont be able to wtfpwn the randoms anymore for a xxx amount of realmpoints a week which means they will have to go back to first person shooters where they will be the -8 kills 78 deaths kind of players because its not as easy as daoc :(
Always did the like the mature, unbiased viewpoints.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Rulke said:
Always did the like the mature, unbiased viewpoints.

then give me a better reason Mr. Einstein

server inbalancement???

at this very moment from all the players online in the US daoc only 3.9% of these players plays on the coop server, if all servers would drop by 4% in players, would that be a big loss?

the coop server will perhaps have less then camlann BUT unlike regular servers that player amount is not effectively divided by 3 (since its a................ coop server!!)

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Do you even read what you're writing? You just gave the main reason why there won't be one; not enough would play it.
You want more reasons? What language are these "Cooperating" players going to speak to each other? Camlann gets by because foreigners only need to know 1 phrase "i log main and chain you".

laand

Fledgling Freddie
/Signed.

Doubt it will work though. However since the french want one so much you never know..

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Rulke said:
Do you even read what you're writing? You just gave the main reason why there won't be one; not enough would play it.
You want more reasons? What language are these "Cooperating" players going to speak to each other? Camlann gets by because foreigners only need to know 1 phrase "i log main and chain you".

not enough? divide a regular server by 3 and that are the amount of players that can effecitvely group with each other...

language shouldnt be a problem, not all 1000 players will each speak a different language...

btw, not all 'foreigners' dont know english, take me for example... :m00:

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Morchaoron said:
not enough? divide a regular server by 3 and that are the amount of players that can effecitvely group with each other...

language shouldnt be a problem, not all 1000 players will each speak a different language...

btw, not all 'foreigners' dont know english, take me for example... :m00:
I would imagine more players than that would advocate a 3rd english server, or a home invasion server or a no-toa server. But hey, the "I want it! give!" attitude is charming.

How are GoA supposed to pay for this new server? Raising the subs of all players to pay for the wants of a third of a normal server? Charging the small few 3x the amount? Just buy a US account if it means that much to you.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Rulke said:
I would imagine more players than that would advocate a 3rd english server, or a home invasion server or a no-toa server. But hey, the "I want it! give!" attitude is charming.

How are GoA supposed to pay for this new server? Raising the subs of all players to pay for the wants of a third of a normal server? Charging the small few 3x the amount? Just buy a US account if it means that much to you.

3rd english servers adds no new content, home invasion would be a toned down pvp and it is unlikely it would get a lasting player base, and mythic probably wont allow a non-toa server...

What I find funny is that there are those that "want to play" on coop, those that "dont want to play" on coop, and those that "dont want" a coop server...

i wouldnt want to play on a coop server myself, but if there should be a adequate amount of players who do want it i really wouldnt mind if they got it, unlike some other people here who simply DONT WANT there to be a coop server at all, i find that a bit silly...

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
HELL yes, give us a co-op server...it's long, long overdue.

There has never been any excuse that bears any close examination for GOA's inexplicable - and inexcusable - failure to provide us, the European playerbase, with this option. I know so many people on Excal that I talk to on a daily basis who would kill for a co-op server...I think it would be a lot busier than some people would have you believe.

Give us a co-op and I would make it my main server in a flash. Registering and signing that petition now.

Cunnyfunt

Fledgling Freddie
i would play on a co-op server, pve in daoc is gonna be more fun anyway when the instanced dungeons arrive with catacombs - imagine how much more fun when u have 30 character slots and 18 races to choose from :)

Maghica

One of Freddy's beloved
I know a lot of people would be VERY happy to get a Coop-server here in EU.
BattleGrounds-NF-RvR-Camlann...we've seen it all before, but it would be nice to:

Boldly go where no one has gone before!

and take my healer to visit AvalonCity or my scout to IarvidiursLair :eek6: try out my animist in Modern!

/signed by ALL my girls :flame:

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
coop would be a waste of resources, rather have GOA focusing on the existing servers than adding a new one which I doubt would be that popular after a few months and probably in french.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Svartmetall said:
HELL There has never been any excuse that bears any close examination for GOA's inexplicable - and inexcusable - failure to provide us, the European playerbase, with this option.

Really? Cos I've never seen any decent replies to the reasons I supplied:
Cost
Lack of interest
Lack of longevity
Language difficulties
Further increased patch delays for ALL servers
Competition with other server ideas.
Most things people want already exist on Camlann

Morchaoron said:
but if there should be a adequate amount of players who do want it
So there might not be?

Tbh, I wouldn't mind a Co-op server, there's no actual reasons to mind having one. I just don't think an EU one would work for the above reasons and I certainly wouldn't want to pay more subs for one. What annoys me is the narrow minded stereotyping of "RvR players" by some; most of us would love to see some of the warder zerg bugger off to a PvE limbo anyway xD

Kami said:
coop would be a waste of resources, rather have GOA focusing on the existing servers than adding a new one which I doubt would be that popular after a few months and probably in french.

word

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, I'd like one. Especially if New Frontier fails to cure the ills of the frontier for those who aren't pure RvR players.

Darzil

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Camlann is partly responsible for GOA's reluctance to add a coop server. It was popular at the start, but now it's just an added maintenance cost for GOA. It does have regular players, but those people would probably be playing on the regular servers if Camlann didn't exist and GOA would still have their money, including the cost of maintaining Camlann.

That's probably how they see a coop server, lots of people will roll there at the start but only a small hardcore will use it in the long-run. Does GOA want to please a handfull of subscribers and give them a new server? subscribers who are already giving them money and playing on their servers? apparently not!

I'm not agreeing with it, but this is probably what the GOA management are thinking. It would take alot of signatures or 1000+ people canceling their subs for GOA to consider it.

imo, the best option for a coop server is to play on Gaheris

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Rulke said:
in the US where everyone speaks the same language?

like i said, not all 1000 players different language, and not all non-english people cant speak english...

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Rulke said:
Really? Cos I've never seen any decent replies to the reasons I supplied:
Cost
Not much for a company like GOA, really. If they can justify giving French players Carnac, then they can certainly give the whole Euro playerbase the co-op server we've been unfairly denied for so long.
Lack of interest
Yeah, the 35 (and still growing) pages of people signing up there for the co-op server shows just how much lack of interest there is.
Lack of longevity
Huh?
Language difficulties
Would in all likelihood be English, same as the choice was for Camlann.
Further increased patch delays for ALL servers
Probably not by much, god knows I'm no GOA fanboi but they have reduced the patching delays as time has worn on.
Competition with other server ideas.
What 'other server ideas'...? There's 'blue' (i.e. RvR-enabled) servers, co-op, PvP and roleplay. Those are the only types for which code exists.
Most things people want already exist on Camlann
Most people want to be ganked by unkillable buffbotted purple-con players...? Yeah, that's why Camlann's ruleset has been such a roaring success.
I will defend to the hilt Camlann's right to exist, but most players seem to roll a character there, get instaganked for about an hour then go "screw this" and never go back. The PvP ruleset is inherently alienating and unwelcoming; it's basically Quake 3 with swords (but where Q3 has a level playing field apart from skill, Camlann has the massive inequality of - for example - lvl 50s with TOA'd templates against level 20s with crap gear), and Quake 3 with swords is not why most people play a MMORPG, as evidenced by Camlann's dedicated but consistently low population. Remember they had to shut down one of the US PvP servers - Andred - because of lack of interest.
What annoys me is the narrow minded stereotyping of "RvR players" by some; most of us would love to see some of the warder zerg bugger off to a PvE limbo anyway
...but it's apparently OK for you to stereotype PvE-orientated players and tel them to 'bugger off'? Pot, kettle etc.

Is this enough 'decent replies' for you?

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Rulke said:
What annoys me is the narrow minded stereotyping of "RvR players" by some; most of us would love to see some of the warder zerg bugger off to a PvE limbo anyway xD

that 'warder zerg' is probably responsible for 3/4 of their total rps, you think they would love to see them go?

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Svartmetall said:
Is this enough 'decent replies' for you?
I'm still waiting for one

Cost, who knows how big GoA's profit margins are, I'm guessing not large with the amount of overheads they must have.
Interest, 35pages where?
Longevity, ding 50! erm now what
Language, why should it be in english? English speakers would be the minority I imagine.
Patching, it would take longer if you had to patch a Co-op server as well. How much longer is irrelevant.
Other server ideas, read what i wrote.

As for camlann, buffbotted players? You realize how hard it is to use a bbot on camlann? :x
If you had a co-op server you would just cry that ppl with bots could kill mobs faster than you.

Svartmetall said:
...but it's apparently OK for you to stereotype PvE-orientated players and tel them to 'bugger off'? Pot, kettle etc.

Yes its fine, since you've never actually RvRed but i've prolly PvE-ed more than you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom