News Euromillions £112 million next week!

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
No jackpot winners so it's still £148million on Friday.

3 UK people won £1.7million each for 5 + 1, so well done to them! :)

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Chilly said:
But they're not stacked against you. You're getting a 3/1 on a coin toss.

Where did you get 1/3 chance from. One takes one other person to win and you've lost half your money, and that's only if 1 person wins.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
To be fair would you even think about the lottery when you already have £150 million?

This.

One of our 'friends' (we don't see them that often) are multi-squillionaires and they still play the lottery (mind you, they are as tight as arseholes tho and would bend down to pick up a 5p coin lying in the gutter)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If i won a million in the lottery, i'd pop a 100k back just because i could :p

Then again, i'd be happy with just winning a 100k.

Chilly

Balls of steel
won a tenner. fuck you guys, I'm retiring to newcastle.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I got one lucky (whats so lucky about it?) star, so wasn't me.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
(£148m will put you a tad (~£50m) below Elton John on the rich list)

Corran

Part of the furniture
Hope it is me! Ticket is in lounge in missus bag and cant be assed to go check! :p

Cyradix

FH is my second home
For people that don't want to be part of the EU you brits sure win EUROmillions a lot! :p
Damn you whoever you are!! That 190 million was miiiiiiiiiine!! :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Haven't you learned that the british are a kind of "have your cake and eat it too" people? :D

And then have every other persons cake, then complain that the cake isn't moist enough and how everyone else in the world is ruining cake.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Except at the moment, with the Olympics, the rest can shove their cake up their arse, cos we make the best cake and are very proud to show it off and gorge on it in front of the rest of the world

.....so there!!

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Man, I don't get jealous of anyone ever, but to know someone got the whole fucking lot makes me feel a bit "BASTARD!" inside.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Heard on the radio whoever claims it, the money will be in their account next week. Imagine that. Get a balance of your account and there's an extra £148,000,000 in it.

Gray

FH is my second home
I always assumed the lottery had a choice, where you can request that £xxxx.xxxxx be paid into the account annually as opposed to one lump sum.

That would be my method as well, removes away temptation from blowing my cash on people. Probably would mean that generations of my family would end up fairly rich too. Couldn't see myself for instance going out and spending stupid-cash on a Ferrari, i'd be shitting it everyday thinking it would end up killing me.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah I think you take a bit of a hit if you take it all at once but still, the interest would be immense.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Win it first. Then worry about in which accounts it gets paid into ;). Not that it will be a worry.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Would you tell anyone? Would you go on TV?

I gave this some thought and I concluded that I would hand in my notice at work and just tell them I'd secured a new job that was under NDA. I wouldn't publicise it on Facebook or Twitter either, but my immediate friends and family would eventually work it out.

I'd be giving them money anyway.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I wouldn't tell anyone. Partly because I wouldn't want to but mostly to avoid those cringe-inducing champagne photos that Camelot seem to insist on doing with the winners and a massive cheque.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home

I gave this some thought and I concluded that I would hand in my notice at work and just tell them I'd secured a new job that was under NDA. I wouldn't publicise it on Facebook or Twitter either, but my immediate friends and family would eventually work it out.

Yeah, close friends would get some cash but it'd be pretty quiet.

Depending on how much I'd won would I tell work, if it was an absolute shitload (e.g. £75m+) I would tell them and leave them money (a couple of mil) on the proviso it's put back directly into the business and rewarding the staff that are there as I have a good relationship with my employers and I firmly believe they'd make good use of the money, not just fritter it on shit.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Yeah I think you take a bit of a hit if you take it all at once but still, the interest would be immense.

What? Lottery is tax free in every Euromillions country except Switzerland.You'll pay tax on your investments obviously, but not on the capital. Even the money you give away to family isn't taxable (once. If you try to give it to them as an income it is).

I think it would be almost impossible to keep it quiet. I certainly wouldn't go on telly or even reveal my name, but the press would find you in about a day. It would be easier in London but, but here in Dublin? Not a fucking chance.

Yeah, close friends would get some cash but it'd be pretty quiet.

Depending on how much I'd won would I tell work, if it was an absolute shitload (e.g. £75m+) I would tell them and leave them money (a couple of mil) on the proviso it's put back directly into the business and rewarding the staff that are there as I have a good relationship with my employers and I firmly believe they'd make good use of the money, not just fritter it on shit.

You'd give your employer money? I don't even know if there's a mechanism to do that. I might invest in my employer (although I doubt it), but I wouldn't just give them cash.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Tell no one, keep helping/buying people stuff and never comment on how you can do it. Never overkill on spending and have a secret batcave full of excellent multimillion stuff :p

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
What? Lottery is tax free in every Euromillions country except Switzerland.You'll pay tax on your investments obviously, but not on the capital. Even the money you give away to family isn't taxable (once. If you try to give it to them as an income it is).
I'm not talking about tax:
#2 – Lump Sum Payments
EuroMillions jackpots are always paid to winners as a single lump sum. Many other lottery games only pay out the advertised jackpot amount if the player opts to receive it in the form of annual payments for 20 years or more, and those who opt for a cash lump sum payment would receive far less than the advertised amount. This is not the case with EuroMillions, where the advertised amount is the actual lump sum cash amount that the winner receives.
I didn't realise it doesn't apply to EuroMillions but that's what I was referring to.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Forgot to get a ticket, I am never going to be able to hire high class prossies to shit on glass tables as I lay under them at this rate.....

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
So the couple are going to announce their win in public. I personally think it's a bad idea.

If I ever won that level of finance, I would choose the NO publicity option. That much money makes you and your family a target for ransom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom