News Euromillions £112 million next week!

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Lucky dip on 1, my own numbers on the other... The LD numbers were +/- 1 on each number I picked. =|

Nate

FH is my second home
I'm in! It's my brothers birthday that day!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Another rollover. Next jackpot: £148,000,000

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Me too, I had a mini heart attack at 10pm thinking "FUUUUUUUUUU".

I was actually convinced I would win it.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Got my ticket for Tuesday already but grabbed 3 last night with 4 mins on the clock before close. Need to check my raffle numbers shortly.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Got an email telling me to check my ticket, a mighty £3.40 :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Got an email telling me to check my ticket, a mighty £3.40 :p

Soul destroying isn't it, had that happen 3 times this year I got way too excited only to crash and burn. BASTARDS!! :D

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Jackpot is £148,000,000 (capped).
Got your ticket for tonight yet?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
190m euros. Got my own ticket and a syndicate at work. Wonder why they cap the Euromillions? Doesn't happen with the big US ones as far as I know.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Because there comes a point where you can mathematical garantee to win the jackpot and still make money.

Eg. Buy every single outcome for say 150m and win 190m... Bit shit if someone else wins tho , but it's still possible.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Because there comes a point where you can mathematical garantee to win the jackpot and still make money.

Eg. Buy every single outcome for say 150m and win 190m... Bit shit if someone else wins tho , but it's still possible.

You'd find it pretty difficult in practical terms to buy 75m tickets, and as you say, the risk is magnified because you're running the risk of just one other person having a winning ticket and halving your prize. I can see the logic in what you say, but wonder why the likes of the Powerball don't seem to care ($364m - biggest ever jackpot).

Litmus

Resident Freddy
DaGaffer said:
You'd find it pretty difficult in practical terms to buy 75m tickets, and as you say, the risk is magnified because you're running the risk of just one other person having a winning ticket and halving your prize. I can see the logic in what you say, but wonder why the likes of the Powerball don't seem to care ($364m - biggest ever jackpot).

I dunno, I don't make the rules. But I guess that's the reason.

Chilly

Balls of steel

They get scammed, there's guys in canada doing exactly that trick. They had a great court case a while back where the state was trying to tax their winnings saying it was a business. The truth was this guy and his brother would go down their local quickie mart with a boat load of money and spend a few hours with a clerk and a till getting tickets. They won the jackpot, I think, 3 times in a year.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Odds of winning Euromillions is 116million to 1.
If you bought every combination, it would cost you £232million.
If you won the jackpot, you'd STILL run at a loss. Sure you'd win on other lines as well but nowhere near enough to get back your "investment".

Litmus

Resident Freddy
That's why it's capped, I think you could do it and make a profit when it was £1.50 a go. But not now. It seems other countries system is different, but the risk factor is huge.

Tbh if you have 150m to spend in the first place the 30m profit really is small in comparison to the risk.

Chilly

Balls of steel
That's why it's capped, I think you could do it and make a profit when it was £1.50 a go. But not now. It seems other countries system is different, but the risk factor is huge.

Tbh if you have 150m to spend in the first place the 30m profit really is small in comparison to the risk.
If there's no risk then why not take a 20% gain?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yep, the risk is someone else getting the jackpot numbers too and having to split the main prize.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Yeah, its a bitch having to split £148m 3 ways. £49m. How will I cope :p;):D

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Remember you would also get loads of 2, 3, 4 , 5 numbers too

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Chilly said:
If there's no risk then why not take a 20% gain?

Don't know if I worded it wrong, but that was the point I was trying to make, why risk 20% gain when the odds are stacked against you.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Don't know if I worded it wrong, but that was the point I was trying to make, why risk 20% gain when the odds are stacked against you.
But they're not stacked against you. You're getting a 3/1 on a coin toss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom