EU servers to be run by mythic

Meekx

Fledgling Freddie
think my point is been missed here.

the german and french clusters are still very much active fair play to them but they are pretty much why EU daoc is still going well was going, excal/pryd ran off years ago to play US

why should the french/germans have to uproot and suddenly they are the ones who have to speak a foreign language i dont think its fair on them.

am english btw :england:

And i'm Danish, no not the pastrie.. Though my wife would dissagree..

Why should the french/germans have to uproot?
Because it means a re-vigoration to the game, healthier servers and...

Drumroll Please

It aint Goa running the servers, wich means customer service! (que the "tadaaa" sound)

It should had been done in 2001, then we at excal/pryd wouldnt had ran off..

I remember in 02, I got stuck on a stair in a BG.. Took three weeks for them to unstuck me. Such where normal under the reign of Goa, and such wont under Mythic.

That's why they wont be pissed.

- English -

Resident Freddy
think my point is been missed here.

the german and french clusters are still very much active fair play to them but they are pretty much why EU daoc is still going well was going, excal/pryd ran off years ago to play US

why should the french/germans have to uproot and suddenly they are the ones who have to speak a foreign language i dont think its fair on them.

am english btw :england:

I agree with you and its why they should keep a german/french cluster and allow english to ywain.

It can be done ... it just may take a little work. Even if a GM has to manually make your character etc

Meekx

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with you and its why they should keep a german/french cluster and allow english to ywain.

It can be done ... it just may take a little work. Even if a GM has to manually make your character etc

Would take forever, and cost the tip of a jetplane mate.

The other way would ensure that the "servers" kept going, and Mythic would have time to propper fix things.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
I would think the main issue for Mythic is the time and expense of continuing to translate the game into different languages and extra bugs and problems that come with doing that.

They will also want all their servers running on the same patches.

Meekx

Fledgling Freddie
17th February?! MEH!

Aye! Had the same feeling, this last week has really sparked something inside...Now I sit with me thumb up me arse :(

But hey! it's a date, atleast now we know something.

Meekx

Fledgling Freddie
I would think the main issue for Mythic is the time and expense of continuing to translate the game into different languages and extra bugs and problems that come with doing that.

Think thats a pretty good hypothesis mate

chipper

Can't get enough of FH

think most people are aware of this i just think its a bit of a kick in the teeth to all those loyal players who knows mebbe goa took better care of the french and germans :)

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Current scene hosts no 8v8 on the US servers. Atleast nothing that I've seen. Hardly ever bump into people in RVR.. Out of luck? Maybe. Would expect endless RVR on a 3000 people server, but noes.

There is tons of 8v8 on Ywain servers.. our guild grp regulalry pulls in 100k'ish a night primarily from 8v8 or 8v8+

And IMHO from my time on E.U and U.S

EU RvR 8man > U.S 8man for better players

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
I'd rather have french / german speaking people in trade /LFG than the shit rvr ywain is offering atm. zergs everywere.

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
I agree with you and its why they should keep a german/french cluster and allow English to ywain.

what happens if 50% people want to transfer to ywain ? by the way on avalon a few dyvet players rolled there , so you will have to condemn them not to transfer to ywain... by allowing to transfer to ywain also people left behind would also be forced to transfer since there wouldn't be much action left... there's no right or wring in some cases so i think this is one of them .
also allowing them to transfer to ywain i believe it would be the right thing to do given the current population on those servers at the moment they are destined to die soon. they could also make a poll and ask the majority if they want to transfer to ywain and be forced to speak English.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
All is going to be transfered to America now. And Americans doesn't speak anything else than American, in America! No English, no French, no German, just American, in America. and thats how it is.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
think most people are aware of this i just think its a bit of a kick in the teeth to all those loyal players who knows mebbe goa took better care of the french and germans :)

either that or they are just really used to getting screwed over :)

oh wait....

Cadelin

Resident Freddy

I believe Requiel stated several times that GOA spent an awful lot more per player on the English speaking servers than on any others. They had the biggest advertising budget and the most support staff per server. The problem was that there are far more non English servers than English speaking ones. It was cheaper to give the same level of support to the German/French servers. Even if you go back several years Duvet had like 1000+ prime time, that's not many people compared to the 8000+ that would have been playing on the German servers at the same time.

hibblet

Fledgling Freddie
not sure what uk players got in ways of advertising but in Germany we got free cd`s of DAOC in pc gaming magazines i got the original 1st cd and when SI came out we got that a few months later free as well, not sure as well what uk players got in the way of paying subs on german accounts you can pay with a standing order through the bank did`nt need cc and such,

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
We got fuck all on English servers.

All GoA ever did for us was try screw us with their automatic renewal on the CC, thats about it.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
We got fuck all on English servers.

All GoA ever did for us was try screw us with their automatic renewal on the CC, thats about it.

if you really believe that, then your willfully ignorant , and rather fucking stupid

1-800-cluepon

- English -

Resident Freddy
what happens if 50% people want to transfer to ywain ? by the way on avalon a few dyvet players rolled there , so you will have to condemn them not to transfer to ywain... by allowing to transfer to ywain also people left behind would also be forced to transfer since there wouldn't be much action left... there's no right or wring in some cases so i think this is one of them .
also allowing them to transfer to ywain i believe it would be the right thing to do given the current population on those servers at the moment they are destined to die soon. they could also make a poll and ask the majority if they want to transfer to ywain and be forced to speak English.

My point is it can be done. Just because theres no automatic system like the freexfer command it doesnt mean it cant be done. Even tho its probably not worth the man power to convert manually. Im sure 90% of people would accept a character xfer with just their character and RR. They wouldnt mind equiping it again as its not exactly hard to do that anymore .. and they would have to anyway with their current template state.

How about do a first come first serve basis ... active accounts first .. then accounts opened within the last year etc ... They could even charge x amount of get priority in transferring characters. People would pay

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
transfer to ywain would be awsome.. could close my bot acc and play my old main acc from eu as its has rr 8 shammy on it for buffs :p

Zurking

Loyal Freddie
Would really love to play my Friar again, and show the yanks how its done :)

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
My point is it can be done. Just because theres no automatic system like the freexfer command it doesnt mean it cant be done. Even tho its probably not worth the man power to convert manually. Im sure 90% of people would accept a character xfer with just their character and RR. They wouldnt mind equiping it again as its not exactly hard to do that anymore .. and they would have to anyway with their current template state.

How about do a first come first serve basis ... active accounts first .. then accounts opened within the last year etc ... They could even charge x amount of get priority in transferring characters. People would pay

look here... the population might be quite low however every one of us got quite loads of characters on eu , now imagine having to manually create all those chars again. it would take less time if they tried to change the code instead for us to transfer.
btw a EU cluster might not be bad after all we might have quite decent numbers

edit : still all that hard work on ywain it would go to waste :(

- English -

Resident Freddy
look here... the population might be quite low however every one of us got quite loads of characters on eu , now imagine having to manually create all those chars again. it would take less time if they tried to change the code instead for us to transfer.
btw a EU cluster might not be bad after all we might have quite decent numbers

edit : still all that hard work on ywain it would go to waste :(

Yes I know it would be stupidly hard work but its not impossible ;p

Dont think id go to an EU cluster would prefer to stay on ywain ... kinda got better equipped chars and stuff on there now

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
Yes I know it would be stupidly hard work but its not impossible ;p

Dont think id go to an EU cluster would prefer to stay on ywain ... kinda got better equipped chars and stuff on there now

my US toons got better equipment and quit loads of cash and 4 crafters i made,my EU toons got better rank and got one rr11 which is much more work to get them rr6 + than templating everything from the begining.... thanks got i got 190k bounty points i could sell ! :D and about 140p i never used to get back my crafters :D

my eu accounts got about 14 million rps... but my US chars got hardly 2.5 million
plus i would love to play my original chars and especially Xrystofer because he means a lot to me,i will give up on my US accounts and play on eu cluster with people i know from the past and it will be more fun:)
all the hard work done on US will be wasted but i will not regret it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
not sure what uk players got in ways of advertising but in Germany we got free cd`s of DAOC in pc gaming magazines i got the original 1st cd and when SI came out we got that a few months later free as well, not sure as well what uk players got in the way of paying subs on german accounts you can pay with a standing order through the bank did`nt need cc and such,

We got nothing but a half page advert once in a PC magazine (I think around the SI release) It rarely got a mention at all in PC magazines in general.

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
How would you guys with us accounts feel if mythic opened up a eu server and allowed you to transfer your us toons there?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
How would you guys with us accounts feel if mythic opened up a eu server and allowed you to transfer your us toons there?

They already stated that it'll be possible.
Main problem for me is: what kind of life span we can expect from a Mixed Language server (aka if the Eu cluster dies in 3 months i don't wanna have to reroll another time on Ywain)?.

hibblet

Fledgling Freddie
A guildy just posted this up on our forums

"For anyone wondering if you will be able to xfer toons from eu to us or vise versa here is your answer...

Hello again,

For the near term, your EU account(s) will be on their own server. We will then allow character transfers from the Ywain server to the EU servers. We do not currently have the functionality to allow character transfers between accounts (e.g. moving the characters from a US account to an EU account). I cannot say for certain whether or not we'll be able to support that in the future, but we will definitely look in to it, at the very least.

Best,

Lori Hyrup
Dark Age of Camelot
Mythic Entertainment, an EA Studio"

looks to me as if we can/will be able to move like our american chars to the new inc eu server at some time in the future but sounds like more make a new account on eu server just for us chars and transfer them to it from there, but not to a eu account and eu accounts from say dyvet to the new server as well but not mix em up, im happy as long as the numbers make it worth it,

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
am still gonna continue playing on ywain for now unless i see the server population skyrocket on the EU cluster still lookin for a guild on midgard ywain btw ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom