EU servers to be run by mythic

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
And the hibs would still be camping the bridge with their rangers :wub:

Dam right Bambi :lol: especially Beno bridge it only place in the WHOLE frontier you can find Albies especially fun trying to kill likes of Escander/Jaxxal with they DI3 bots in Beno tower :m00:.

Soulja

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
They increased the server population cap just yesterday so im quite sure it can. :p
Raising the server cap is not synonymous to "the server can handle additional 2-300 players in RvR without it lagging for everyone"

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Raising the server cap is not synonymous to "the server can handle additional 2-300 players in RvR without it lagging for everyone"

You're right. They should open a new cluster with 100% compatability in mind for linking to Ywain at a later date. If they don't give some assurances that it can one day be cluseted with Ywain/US if need be I fail to see the point of making a new cluster just for EU Mythic.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
A guildy just posted this up on our forums

"For anyone wondering if you will be able to xfer toons from eu to us or vise versa here is your answer...

Hello again,

For the near term, your EU account(s) will be on their own server. We will then allow character transfers from the Ywain server to the EU servers. We do not currently have the functionality to allow character transfers between accounts (e.g. moving the characters from a US account to an EU account). I cannot say for certain whether or not we'll be able to support that in the future, but we will definitely look in to it, at the very least.

Best,

Lori Hyrup
Dark Age of Camelot
Mythic Entertainment, an EA Studio"

Punishment

Resident Freddy
A guildy just posted this up on our forums

"For anyone wondering if you will be able to xfer toons from eu to us or vise versa here is your answer...

Hello again,

For the near term, your EU account(s) will be on their own server. We will then allow character transfers from the Ywain server to the EU servers. We do not currently have the functionality to allow character transfers between accounts (e.g. moving the characters from a US account to an EU account). I cannot say for certain whether or not we'll be able to support that in the future, but we will definitely look in to it, at the very least.

Best,

Lori Hyrup
Dark Age of Camelot
Mythic Entertainment, an EA Studio"

Hmm Interesting , i hope exercia comes back to we can get jiggy in emain :lol:

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
It's backwards for me would prefer to go EU to US not other way around.DOn't see the benefit of stripping people from Ywain.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Obviously a decision based on whats best for EA's coffers and not the players wishes.
Fuck it, if I have to choose between paying for 4 accounts or 2, I'll pay for none and wait till the option to transfer between the two clusters is offered.

Septina

Part of the furniture
That sucks. :( The EU cluster MIGHT have a good population for the first couple of months but will in no way last. :/

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
If this is what they are going to do then it's the only thing they can do in the short term. They need to get the EU players back playing on a server in the quickest time possible.

Waiting for US to EU account transfers might take them too long although you can see it coming in the future.

You can also see their point in not wanting 2000+ EU accounts all decending onto Ywain which is already packed full of players.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Agreed - we need a new US cluster for EU with potential to cluster to Ywain down the line. Only option that's workable for more than weeks.

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
Agreed - we need a new US cluster for EU with potential to cluster to Ywain down the line. Only option that's workable for more than weeks.

Prolly won't happen at start. prolly gonna cluster all eu ones classic german french and english into one ball first, then maybe after year or two then cluster with ywain as the clusters and game is comming to an end. is it one thing mythic is good at is milking the game for every penny possible and its worth.

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
Thats a shame realy that you cant merge accounts , i so wanted to play
my old EU chars , but not along with a bunch of French/Germans (can only guess what the main language(s) will be.
And my US chars doesnt make up for it enough for me to stay .
And paying for 6 accounts for me and wifey is deffo a NO NO NO !!!

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
That sucks. :( The EU cluster MIGHT have a good population for the first couple of months but will in no way last. :/

Well if this merger also will apply to the french and german cluster (which both have "ok" populations I guess) - it will atleast have some [hopefully stable] population. Which is definitely no doubt better than the current situation.

Everz

FH is my second home
Why are you complaining?

LETS GO TO YAWAIN WHERE TEH POOPS ARE NEARLY FULL OHMYGOOSES.

Jesus, use your brains people, an EU cluster was the only viable option at this time.

Meekx

Fledgling Freddie
Why are you complaining?

LETS GO TO YAWAIN WHERE TEH POOPS ARE NEARLY FULL OHMYGOOSES.

Jesus, use your brains people, an EU cluster was the only viable option at this time.

Aye.

And if they set up a EU cluster of Dyvet and the frogs'n sauerkrauts, then at a later time they can cluster them into Ywain.

Besides a 2500/3000+ cluster of Euros would be sufficient for the time beeing.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I hope they don't screw this up. If EU players are stuck on a significantly lower population server then people will either quit (why bother playing?), or just reroll a new character as quickly as possible on Ywain (your account will be US now, so lower barrier to entry).

On the other hand the German cluster generally has good RvR, so a new EU cluster might still be great for RvR action. You won't have to deal with the macro groups like you get on Ywain, I doubt they'll do a fresh set of characters that quickly.

Hopefully Mythic will make the right decision on this one, otherwise they'll be wasting a lot of time in preparing for an angry bunch of customers.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Don't you see? EU players WILL be stuck on a server with significantly lower population, but is that a bad thing ?

Prydwen had consistently lower pop than excal even in their primes, but it still had a thriving community

Hell even half the prime-time pop of Ywain with 2000 players would classify a health population in daoc

Mythic WILL make the right decision- i.e. make an EU supercluster, you simply won't be able to move to Ywain with your EU chars - sorry!

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
the problem i see here is that if they make a single eu cluster/server its going to be in english cant see mythic goin through all the language trouble this late in the day. so our friends over the channel are gonna get really pissed off and that could mean they quit daoc, 6 months down the line EU server is dead or dying and the EU people are stuck on a dyin server.

its hypothetical but theres a real possibility of it happening
they should just have made a german server a french server and allowed the english to migrate to ywain

hibblet

Fledgling Freddie
maybe some people did not notice but combining all the eu servers

together we had like a pop of 3300+ combined during the week as i logged in thats more than ywain at eu prime time i thought

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
yes but the majority of those are french and german how pissed would you be if you got told you were moving to a german server speaking server? after playing on english for 8years or so?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The language will be a problem, will it be English, German or French. Either way there will be people pissed off with it.

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
yes but the majority of those are french and german how pissed would you be if you got told you were moving to a german server speaking server? after playing on english for 8years or so?

Well if u have played daoc for 8 years u basicly know what to do anyways not depending on wich language the server is..
Played on german aswell as english ones and i dont see a big problem, most of the germans speak english anyways so if u need help for something and ask in english they will respond in english. thats if u need help for new quests or whatever, the rest is really same as u done before really,.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie

not at all ;)

Meekx

Fledgling Freddie
I know I made fun of the French and the Germans, its all poop and giggles.

Truth is that us, that played on Excal. We had that Spanish Guild (tuatra de mag mor or something) they spoke perfectly English in public, and Spanish in Guild (or their /as) Who gives a rat's buttom what nationality people are, as long as they talk in a Language most (if not all) know when its "public"

I know that allmost every other game, people havent (Russians/Germans in Aoc, Sweedes/Danes in War and Aion..could go on) But the Daoc community is a tad higher than such imho, and are genneraly very tollerant towards others.

I dont fear that the server would go to shite over language. I think that the community would "take care" of it itself.. Or perhaps it where different 4 years ago? Who knows, time will tell.

(Sidenote, Daoc is, where and are the absolute top community of mmo's)

UPDATE! http://www.camelotherald.com/news/index.php Febuary 17th!

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
I know I made fun of the French and the Germans, its all poop and giggles.

Truth is that us, that played on Excal. We had that Spanish Guild (tuatra de mag mor or something) they spoke perfectly English in public, and Spanish in Guild (or their /as) Who gives a rat's buttom what nationality people are, as long as they talk in a Language most (if not all) know when its "public"

I know that allmost every other game, people havent (Russians/Germans in Aoc, Sweedes/Danes in War and Aion..could go on) But the Daoc community is a tad higher than such imho, and are genneraly very tollerant towards others.

I dont fear that the server would go to shite over language. I think that the community would "take care" of it itself.. Or perhaps it where different 4 years ago? Who knows, time will tell.

(Sidenote, Daoc is, where and are the absolute top community of mmo's)

UPDATE! Mythic Entertainment | Camelot Herald - Community News for Dark Age of Camelot! Febuary 17th!

Having and still playing Ywain I thought the EU Community lot more helpful and can only see same thing if ALL Eu servers do merge.I found eu community who played Ywain helped each other out more than what Yanks done.

Conclusion of it all I don't think there be a big problem for French/Germans as they mainly have english as they 2nd language and I am sure on all 3 realms help will be given to all which is more than Yanks do tbh as they rather slag each other off just for living in the wrong state.

Soulja

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
think my point is been missed here.

the german and french clusters are still very much active fair play to them but they are pretty much why EU daoc is still going well was going, excal/pryd ran off years ago to play US

why should the french/germans have to uproot and suddenly they are the ones who have to speak a foreign language i dont think its fair on them.

am english btw :england:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom