EU servers to be run by mythic

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
On a serious note, have anyone considered what would happend to US servers if a mayority of the EU pop upped and left? How many are we there playing tbh? Feels like ALOT of euro folks.

NF works with 3-4k population, NF is pritty flawed once you go below 2k.

Think just as with Origins, it might be seen as bleeding the population, two server clusters with "2k" each or one server with "3.5+k". Moving 1 or 2 chars to US would be wiser in a long term for sure.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
There is a big problem with moving your american characters onto the EU server. You'll have your USA account with characters on the EU server, but you'll also have your EU account with those characters on the EU server. This means you may end up subscribing to 3-4 accounts lol.

They should allow you to merge your USA and EU account, but this will never happen as they'll lose money.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Hopefully they move our EU chars to an english lang server with automatic english, french, german region channels for folks to use as they wish.
an accelerated move to version 2.0 with the opportunity to pick up bunny pants, dopple bracers and halloween hats on the way.
Followed by the ability to move chars to/from ywain so I can have a druid on each account to be used as a buffbot for the other

That sorta plan I could live with

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
think longterm we are going to see a EU server which will be closely monitored. eventually EU players will be allowed to move from Ywain to EU cluster.mythic will then be working behind the scenes to allow the eventual merging of the 2 servers into 1 big cluster we all know its not going to be an easy task to do that. so this is the best option look at it as a stop gap measure.

hibblet

Fledgling Freddie
Ywain was popping 4000 over the xmas period even in uk prime times but in nf there was like max 1000 + , (holidays proberly)

Rest were pveìng it i think i did a /who nf when i was on a few times and there was like 3-400 albs on incl bb`s,

At uk prime time theres like 2000 on during the week getting up to 4000 by midnight uk time,

maybe if they just could cluster rvr zones between the us and eu servers would be nice

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
At the minute Ywain is full to bursting point, once they hit a 4k(ish) cap then no one else can get it. It for me would make sense to open a EU cluster, maybe a english french and german server for each for the EU accounts then allow transfers from Ywain for other EU based people. They would get rid of the over pop on Ywain and also let those of us that want a busy server with Eu peak times.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
On a serious note, have anyone considered what would happend to US servers if a mayority of the EU pop upped and left? How many are we there playing tbh? Feels like ALOT of euro folks.

There are a hell of a lot, a wild stab in the dark without any figures to back it up with, I would say at least a quarter.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
I rekon two servers with 2/3 the population of ywain would actually be more fun for all, unless you actually like zergs for some reason.

Still I'm not overly keen on playing a server where most of the players don't speak English.

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
Unless they make the move from ywain to EU server (if they do it) a copy and not a transfer there is no chance in hell i would move my chars and then maybe have them on a dead server with no way to move them back to ywain.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
I rekon two servers with 2/3 the population of ywain would actually be more fun for all, unless you actually like zergs for some reason.

Still I'm not overly keen on playing a server where most of the players don't speak English.

So what? Dyvet had plenty of those Norwegians, Belgs, Spanish, Greeks, Germans, Polish and Russians.

Can't get worse! ;)

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
A lot of those people speak at least a bit of English. The French mostly won't even if they can from my expirence. I don't want to be on a server where I can't understand what a large proportion of the player base are saying...

Obviously I appreciate things are far from perfect for non English speakers too.

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
So what? Dyvet had plenty of those Norwegians, Belgs, Spanish, Greeks, Germans, Polish and Russians.

Can't get worse! ;)

I don't speak Greek on public , please dont harass Greek people :twak:

A lot of those people speak at least a bit of English. The French mostly won't even if they can from my expirence. I don't want to be on a server where I can't understand what a large proportion of the player base are saying...

Obviously I appreciate things are far from perfect for non English speakers too.

I dont blame them since they were used on writing french/German till now , however i hope they will get used to it and if not i hope mythic can give some warnings to them

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved

Hmm, I played rr8 scout and rr6lsomething reaver and rr7 armsman on DE servers and I mean most germans speak good english, all I played with did speak english. The solo enviroment went to the shitter when everyone started to run shield classes - so that had nothing to do with nummbers, since it was 2k+ back then.

I mean if the italian, spanish, germans french refuse to play on an english language server then there is nothing to debate, but I do think it would be better to have everyone on ONE server. Saturating the population in the end stage of the game would be stupid. I mean the main argument most people had against Origins was that it would saturate the population - and it would. Personally I don't really give a fuck about the next guy crying on a ToA server that its empty, but I do see the point and I can appriciate it as a valid argument.

Having a tight community will make daoc live longer then spreading it out again with a new EU only cluster that EU folks already on Ywain would possibly permanently move to fucking up the US population.

I mean I don't think having a lower closer to 2k (1.7-2.3k ) pop would make for example small scale or solo rvr any better then a 4k server. NF has its hotspots and with a smaller community people will still be wanking at the same places zerging and adding it up. Having 4k is perhaps even better for soloers since it becomes totally obivous for even the most lazy ppl bridge humping that they got to travel and try new spots / move around if they want any rps, making it more likly that you bump into people in remote places and can get some nice 1v1.
;)

CoDo

Fledgling Freddie
Hello Bahumat!! is nice to see you again m8.

Well i just read all things about the transfers, and not much time ago, i did hear that GOA, with Mythic, will do a full transfer about our EU accs to US, but i mean all acc, no allowed only transfers toons from diferents servers, i mean full acc, maybe im wrong, but could be an answer about all that we are thinking about transfers...

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Hello Bahumat!! is nice to see you again m8.

Well i just read all things about the transfers, and not much time ago, i did hear that GOA, with Mythic, will do a full transfer about our EU accs to US, but i mean all acc, no allowed only transfers toons from diferents servers, i mean full acc, maybe im wrong, but could be an answer about all that we are thinking about transfers...

Hey Hey Codac :)

I am wondering what happens with the Camlann characters? If they move them to Mordred, that will be stupid lol.

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
Hey Hey Codac :)

I am wondering what happens with the Camlann characters? If they move them to Mordred, that will be stupid lol.

they are closeing mordred when the whole eu cluster thing is going to happend, they are bitching about it on vn

CoDo

Fledgling Freddie
Exactly Bahumat, camlann chars will be moved to Mordred... Mojinos (irl friend mine) told me that hear that to much ppl will be back if Mordred get ppl to kill...
Tbh first thing we have to see what will happend with transfers, and later we will see Mordred and our pvp chars...

CoDo

Fledgling Freddie
they are closeing mordred when the whole eu cluster thing is going to happend, they are bitching about it on vn

Then Mythic will have to delete all our old toons... Im not with you Trycorn... first i have to see the transfers, if GOA will do, or not, and later ill see my old toons

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom