EU Server Status Page

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
seeing how long it took to get the daoc one working, I think there is little point sitting hitting the F5 button hoping it to apear any time soon

Well - GOA have stated the reason it didn't work "well" in Europe was because of differences with the game.... or at least it is one of the exucses I've seen.
However with Warhammer-EU being a copy of the US version, it should be ever so simple that it is in my view borderlining incompetence that we don't have these things yet.

Light

Loyal Freddie
probably pissing around making the flash based interface and getting it working

heres a hint - stick with html its perfectly fine and does the job its supposed too

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Do you see any GOA representatives anywhere these days?
Of course us second rate customers will not get an ETA. That's only for US customers.

Read the sticked post at the top of the page by Magnus.
He updated it yesterday, and has done nearly on a daily basis.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Read the sticked post at the top of the page by Magnus.
He updated it yesterday, and has done nearly on a daily basis.

Ahh yes - "updated" with a no ETA, because we "ran into problems". Great impressive "activity" and communication of non-information from community manager.
Especially when the game is a copy of the US version, then it begs the question why GOA continues to run into such "technical" problems. Must be because Europe is so different a segment then the US.

Give us customers the XML feed from the game, then we can get functional Realm War pages up within days. And account center - please. It should have been done weeks ago, if not months. Yet we still can not subscribe to the game, and there is no information from GOA that I can find which says when. Other then the e-mail I have which says "in time" for when my account runs out. Oh Joy.

So sorry - the small updates once in a while from Magnus providing little to no actual information in one thread hardly constitutes activity in my book.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Ahh yes - "updated" with a no ETA, because we "ran into problems". Great impressive "activity" and communication of non-information from community manager.
Especially when the game is a copy of the US version, then it begs the question why GOA continues to run into such "technical" problems. Must be because Europe is so different a segment then the US.

Give us customers the XML feed from the game, then we can get functional Realm War pages up within days. And account center - please. It should have been done weeks ago, if not months. Yet we still can not subscribe to the game, and there is no information from GOA that I can find which says when. Other then the e-mail I have which says "in time" for when my account runs out. Oh Joy.

So sorry - the small updates once in a while from Magnus providing little to no actual information in one thread hardly constitutes activity in my book.

You can't subscribe to the game? So fucking what lol? If they are late they will just chuck an extra seven days play onto everyones account. If they are late.
Would you rather they made a thread saying "No updates yet folks" every few minutes? Would that please the Goahateclub?
Again, they can't do anything right.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
You can't subscribe to the game? So fucking what lol? If they are late they will just chuck an extra seven days play onto everyones account. If they are late.
Would you rather they made a thread saying "No updates yet folks" every few minutes? Would that please the Goahateclub?
Again, they can't do anything right.

Actually they can do a lot of things right - they just choose not to, or fail to have the ability to do so.
No ETA on something which should have been done weeks ago smacks of incompetence and not doing it right. Then you can call it "goahateclub" all you want, but that's just the typical kneejerk attempts at insults from clueless person #2131.
And so what we can't subscribe, yeah - great we can get some free days - wohoo save a buck or two. So what we save 5€ or something, when the company can't even get of their behind and finish a job. I'd actually like to be able to see which things I have activated, when the accounts run out and be in GOOD TIME with handling details. Being last minute - or being last minutes weeks to late just opens up for more problems.
It all goes to show the competence level of the company running the show, and I for one am not confident or impressed when they can't even provide updated ETAs instead of "no ETA" on stuff which should have been done weeks ago.

We were promised equal treatment and that this wouldn't be DAoC part 2.

Unfortunately the game is good, so GOA can just mess with us and people like you will still defend their incompetence.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Unfortunately the game is good, so GOA can just mess with us and people like you will still defend their incompetence.

I think it's more a case of being able to take a neutral stance.

The amount of GOA hate on these boards, most of it is unwarranted. Half the people that are complaining have not been wronged in any way, the ones that have been wronged simply don't care that much.

sure, not having an ETA is not idea, but the initial ETA for WAR was march 2008, ETAs never stick to what is originally promised, I for one am far happier with a company that is honest and says "look, we are working on it but don't know when it will be here" rather than pushing back the deadline constantly keeping everyone in the dark.

I'm not a GOA lover myself, I moved to US servers because of their problems in daoc, but i'm certainly not gonna jump on this bandwagon that has little reason to be upset :)

I think they've done a great job with WAR so far, almost better than Mythic. The problems we have had are all mirrored on the US servers, yet GOA seem a little more caring towards the community about it.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Then you can call it "goahateclub" all you want, but that's just the typical kneejerk attempts at insults from clueless person #2131.

Woah... hang on a second there... chicken and egg situation here, which came first, the GOA bashing or the GOA Basher bashing? Well, logically, you can't have the latter without the former, so therefore it stands to reason that his reaction can only possible a reaction to you and your fellow grumbleclowns' whingeing about anything and everything. Before you accuse other people of 'kneejerking' take a fucking look in the mirror first, you muppet.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Woah... hang on a second there... chicken and egg situation here, which came first, the GOA bashing or the GOA Basher bashing? Well, logically, you can't have the latter without the former, so therefore it stands to reason that his reaction can only possible a reaction to you and your fellow grumbleclowns' whingeing about anything and everything. Before you accuse other people of 'kneejerking' take a fucking look in the mirror first, you muppet.

I think I said what you said, just a little nicer lol

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
The amount of GOA hate on these boards, most of it is unwarranted. Half the people that are complaining have not been wronged in any way, the ones that have been wronged simply don't care that much.

Considering that we have been called borderline sociopaths and also labeled as the ones promoting antisocial behavior by a GOA representative and prolly bullshitted to the moon and back on some anonymous FH-account by the same representative I'd say that the chance that we all have been wronged is quite high. It doesn't mean we aren't, but in my book such opinions should be reserved to psychatrists/psychologists :).

Take it with a smile what I have written.

BTW ETAs in professional (software development) companies can be predicted quite well nowdays, there are processes like SCRUM which help with that, but I'd bet my left ball that GOA doesn't even use any kind of project management tool and milestoning/versioning. I'd also say that simple web services working on an existing framework (database schema, xml exports and so on) are easily developed and time-phased. No one asked GOA to predict the ETA of Warhammer 2, you know :p.

I think GOA would make up good for all what they have done or not done by offering us, the European DAOC and Warhammer players something unique Mythic doesn't provide. You know, that kind of unique selling position that attracts and binds customers.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
funny how mythic had this feature in the beta, and we're 2 weeks into retail and still no ETA, why cant they just use the same tool like Mythic does?

pikeh

Resident Freddy

What Jup said. :drink:

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

Jupitus, historically GOA bashing has been not welcome on FH, Requiel seemed to be under some kind protection of species for a while.

Only lately after some accidents with DAoC (Prydwen DB crash, TT, SoTG) FH allowed people to flack GOA.

I can understand that one wants to give customer representatives a "clean" space to work and that there is a thin line and that a lot of peeps will really just whine about anything but imagine for example the relief of the peeps if GOA would launch a non-flash-based site or at least account management as a surprise, something a lot of grumebleclowns whined alot about.

Instead we get "but it wasn't the flash site's fault" ;-).

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Considering that we have been called borderline sociopaths and also labeled as the ones promoting antisocial behavior by a GOA representative and prolly bullshitted to the moon and back on some anonymous FH-account by the same representative I'd say that the chance that we all have been wronged is quite high. It doesn't mean we aren't, but in my book such opinions should be reserved to psychatrists/psychologists :).

Yeah you are right of course, but a bunch of people at the time were being huge c*nts about being a few hours late into beta. I think the game at that stage was taken FAR too seriously, but we got a week free for it!
Similar problems kicked off with US, and they were basically told to stfu as thats the way it is.

Then we were also given an extra 2 weeks to input CE codes, US were given 2 days resulting in a lot of people being unable to play due to delayed deliveries.

As I said so far it hasn't been too bad, compaining about not being able to pay yet, and that the RW page isn't up is extremly trivial. Especially when next to real problems people have like Auth failure and chronic lag.

In any complaints department/enviroment when you are bogged down with customers complaining about anything and everything, the real issues get overlooked and become harder to keep track of.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
In any complaints department/enviroment when you are bogged down with customers complaining about anything and everything, the real issues get overlooked and become harder to keep track of.

Yeah, I agree, it's a minor issue, but maybe a trainee could do the job with that server status page? :)

Sometimes I think they're 2 men doing everything at GOA, but knowing them from their booths it seemed they have the staff.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Jupitus, historically GOA bashing has been not welcome on FH, Requiel seemed to be under some kind protection of species for a while.

Only lately after some accidents with DAoC (Prydwen DB crash, TT, SoTG) FH allowed people to flack GOA.

I can understand that one wants to give customer representatives a "clean" space to work and that there is a thin line and that a lot of peeps will really just whine about anything but imagine for example the relief of the peeps if GOA would launch a non-flash-based site or at least account management as a surprise, something a lot of grumebleclowns whined alot about.

Instead we get "but it wasn't the flash site's fault" ;-).

Let's be straight - we don't mind straight talking and criticism of GOA where it is warranted... there have been plenty of threads allowed on here and left open for discussion as all can see. That has always been the case. People flaming for flaming sake, or trolling for effect will not get off so lightly. The case regarding the website is borederline in my view - is that really a part of the game itself? I don't honestly think so, and people moaning constantly about it on here just gets up users' noses, hence some of the GOA basher bashing you will see.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
The case regarding the website is borederline in my view - is that really a part of the game itself? I don't honestly think so, and people moaning constantly about it on here just gets up users' noses, hence some of the GOA basher bashing you will see.

That was more of an example for a poorly developed and tested web page.

Flash on 64-bit systems is a pain, one has to install legacy libs under certain systems in order to be able to watch the site and to pay for the game, surely making the payment straight is one way to get the people into the game easier? (Beside the fact that billing isn't it yet.)

For example, under Linux with only GOA's website I still get a '' each time I type a '@' (due to broken Javascript on the site) so the emails end up in johndoe@example.com, I don't want to know how much emails got saved this way and how many emails have (not) been sent to such maligned accounts.

Under Vista whenever I click on one of those links from the patcher IE get's started instead of the OS' default browser, cluttering the memory and disordering the swap file. Okay, that might be a Mythic related problem... Will file a bug report.

I could go on and on and trust me, MMOGs today are a lot about social networking and number crunching and even people like e.g. Septina (hi hun <3) just like to browse nifty statistics from work cause they're so bored.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
<snip>
The amount of GOA hate on these boards, most of it is unwarranted. Half the people that are complaining have not been wronged in any way, the ones that have been wronged simply don't care that much. <snip>
If you think it is hate, then you are so mistaken it hurts. I have no feelings towards GOA as an entity which could be described as "hate". But using such language is just a way of polarizing the issue. The issue is promise something - keep it. We were promised equal treatment multiple times - and despite "IaniC" attempt at rhetoric - we aint receiving it yet. And when we didn't get it pre-release, people excused it with the game was in development. When we didn't get it in beta, people excused with it was beta - now we aren't even getting it in release, and people are still apologetic for GOA. Accountability. And as I said - because the game is good GOA have a carte blanché to keep up treating us a second rate because enough people will subscribe.

I have looked in the mirror. I wonder how many actually can say the same.
I have no ill will against GOA at all, but when they continued keep messing up - it is time to face the music. People keep defending the same way regardless of how much they continue to mess up. Unfortunately few seem willing to hold GOA up to their promises (not a surprise because ignoring it because the "game runs" is easier) and just feels the need to bend over and attempt to insult others because they have an opinion they dislike.

And you can easily have people defending GOA "before" people were disillusioned with GOA. It is very easy to see when people voice concerns about - well pretty much anything - and the "it is only <insert some form of excuse here>".

funny how mythic had this feature in the beta, and we're 2 weeks into retail and still no ETA, why cant they just use the same tool like Mythic does?

One of my points exactly when the games supposedly are carbon copies of each other.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
If you think it is hate, then you are so mistaken it hurts. I have no feelings towards GOA as an entity which could be described as "hate". But using such language is just a way of polarizing the issue. The issue is promise something - keep it. We were promised equal treatment multiple times - and despite "IaniC" attempt at rhetoric - we aint receiving it yet. And when we didn't get it pre-release, people excused it with the game was in development. When we didn't get it in beta, people excused with it was beta - now we aren't even getting it in release, and people are still apologetic for GOA. Accountability. And as I said - because the game is good GOA have a carte blanché to keep up treating us a second rate because enough people will subscribe.

My point was only that does it actually matter that much?

Maybe it's just me reading into it too much, but you seem incredibly bitter towards GOA, every post pointing out an issue on the front page you seem to be rather upset over it. Perhaps upset isn't the right word, but the hostility shows :(

There are far greater problems at the moment, and I would much rather those be GOAs priorities.

And while Mythic do have a realm war in place, it has been recognised that it doesn't actually work propperly. Lifes not so great for WAR players over the pond.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
If it was a singular exclusive issue - then it wouldn't matter (much).
It is however a series of events all pointing out the same fundamental issues with this company compared with seeing these issues before and all underlining the general attitude towards the paying customers and the total ignoring/unfulfillment of promises for how good service would be for this game from GOA (and Mythic - my annoyances isn't solely with GOA because Mythic allows this to happen).

And then we again can "excuse" it with that they have much to do and it is "early release" - but as they've claimed themselves - they are experienced within MMO games and they knew these situations would come. And such an excuse was the same which were used in pre-release and open beta.
The game isn't live, so we shouldn't expect services.
The game is only in beta, so it doesn't matter we don't have the services.
Well now the game is live amongst other issues, those services are still missing.

Crimson LoneWolf

Fledgling Freddie
Well, i for one would love to be able to have more options, messages, information on server status, players etc, on the europe version of Warhammer online's webpage.

In theory, it would have made sense, to me, if they had just copied the europe one from the american herald version...

Nate

FH is my second home
Don't know anything about this yet but I'll try to find out.

Also, it appears I was a bit quick to announce the server status pages. We will indeed have them, but they will likely be implemented a few days after we implement the rest of the Realm WAR pages.

-Magnus

So, it's been a while. Any news on the xml/realm war pages yet?

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
I asked a question a couple of days ago via the help form and got a vague "we are having difficulty and don't know" answers.
Then I checked the FAQ and they still have the September 29 as the date!

My guess is that they can't figure out how to do it or do not have the manpower to do it. Either that, or Mythic have screwed up data mining bad.

Good thing we are getting equal or better service, otherwise I'd hate to see how things went.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Project deadline getting ridicolous:

deadline_getting_lp.jpg

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
30 days + now for xml, you have to admit GoA have never had a good image when it comes to XML deployment....

:m00:

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Short version: :iagree:

Long version:
I'm glad to see such nuansed discussions going on regarding GOA criticism. Although the discussion is a bit dated, I'd like to add a few words.

I don't believe in being defensive and dodging blame; it is contraproductive is growth is what one is seeking. This is something I strive to live by as a human being and it's something I try to bring into this role of representing GOA. I am, and we are, aware of the flaws we have as a corporate entity and there's lots of stuff we are striving to improve.

Neither I nor GOA mind being criticized, quite the opposite; it is something we welcome and cherish. So the question is not whether one is to criticize or not, but rather how it is done. When criticism is put forth, is it done so from a judging mind or from a discerning mind? Are things seen in a sobre and juste way, are the faults one is criticizing put in a reasonable perspective?

Bashing - as opposed to criticism - is so heavily burdened by negative emotions and preconceived views that make it difficult to discern what is born of a real concern and what is born of hate. This is why bashing - as opposed to criticism - will not make it into the feedback reports myself and my collegues compile and send up the GOA/Mythic hierarchy. This is not so due to an unwillingness to look in the mirror, but out of pragmatism: bashing has a low informational value.

When we see bashing in this light - that it has little real impact its subject - we see bashing for what it really is; an outlet of negative energy. There's nothing inherently wrong in this, but if we are to judge a means of letting out steam by it's effectiveness, bashing would score quite low in comparison with other methods. For me, jogging works wonders, for instance.

So, it's been a while. Any news on the xml/realm war pages yet?
On to the real topic. I've been asking about the Realm WAR pages on a weekly basis but I just haven't got any new information on this. I'll include this in my feedback tomorrow and make sure to include my take on the signals this is sending to our players.

Cheers,
Magnus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom