EU Pre-order mess up??

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Ordered from a website in Denmark about 10 days ago and got an empty DVD box with 3 codes about 4 days later......
So been painless for me (if it is legit codes :D)

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
yes that is the pre-order u got m8 think theres a pic on page 4 to confirm for ya its the same thing... i bought mine in store AGES ago too...

S

Shmoo

I bought the preorder key's headstart and beta access box from HMV for £9.99 no preorder required, I thought these were tied to the CE preorders.
if there are xx.000 CE box sets and xx.000 beta access boxes it'll get a bit messy at some point.

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
For UK+Eire Play.com and Brick/Mortar HMV Stores(NOT THE HMV WEB-SITE) are selling the Pre-Order pack which gets you the open beta, head start and bonus in game item. They are codes on a DVD box which you can assign to your account, you can't do that yet as GOA aren't ready to do so yet.

When you go to buy it from HMV, make sure they take your details so you can receive/they can hold your copy of the CE.

Purely in the interest of research, I went to the local (Harrogate) branch of HMV, who did indeed have the pre-Order Pack for £9.99 - and they had absolutely no clue that they should record details of any type for you, or that there WAS such a thing as the Collector's Edition (they even looked on their database for software, which has a listing for the standard set due later this year, but absolutely nothing at all about a Collector's Edition), and thought all you got for the pre-order box was early access to the game Beta....

Edit - And just for fun, apparently there are different pre-order items depending on exactly where you pre-order from, to quote what's on Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning

All pre-order customers will receive:
RITTENBACH'S PORTABLE CAMP
Rest your weary soul and heal your wounds between battles.

Plus, all pre-order customers will receive one of the following items:
Order from store and receive the:
SENTINEL'S AMBER BAND (RETAILER EXCLUSIVE)
Enhance your stats and cast "Touch of Earth," increasing your chance of doing additional corporeal damage with each hit.

Order from online store and receive the:
GUARDIAN'S IOLITE BAND (E-MERCHANT EXCLUSIVE)
Enhance your stats and cast "Touch of Spirit," increasing your chance of doing additional spiritual damage with each hit.

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
ye same as above, never took my details in-store but in this city im confident i can just go back there when the CE's come rolling in and pick it up

ps. :freddyfm: r0x new smiles

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Edit - And just for fun, apparently there are different pre-order items depending on exactly where you pre-order from, to quote what's on Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning

All pre-order customers will receive:
RITTENBACH'S PORTABLE CAMP
Rest your weary soul and heal your wounds between battles.

Plus, all pre-order customers will receive one of the following items:
Order from store and receive the:
SENTINEL'S AMBER BAND (RETAILER EXCLUSIVE)
Enhance your stats and cast "Touch of Earth," increasing your chance of doing additional corporeal damage with each hit.

Order from online store and receive the:
GUARDIAN'S IOLITE BAND (E-MERCHANT EXCLUSIVE)
Enhance your stats and cast "Touch of Spirit," increasing your chance of doing additional spiritual damage with each hit.
Good info but we have all known this since 27th March when the CE was announced. It's been on the WAR Europe website since then.

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
Good info but we have all known this since 27th March when the CE was announced. It's been on the WAR Europe website since then.

Sorry - was 'new' to me since I only just got the pre-order box, and hadn't been looking too closely before, and I've not noticed it mentioned in the threads here.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Enhance your stats and cast "Touch of Earth,"

People who pay more have their charaters more powerfull than the normal players? NOW that is bollocks

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
People who pay more have their charaters more powerfull than the normal players? NOW that is bollocks

I'd not worry too much about it, to be honest - pretty much every mmorpg offers some minor 'boost' to the pre-order, collector's edition or 'whatever scheme' it is buyer, and it's normally something marginally useful at lower level but quickly outpaced by what you'll get in the medium and up levels of gameplay anyhow.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
I'd not worry too much about it, to be honest - pretty much every mmorpg offers some minor 'boost' to the pre-order, collector's edition or 'whatever scheme' it is buyer, and it's normally something marginally useful at lower level but quickly outpaced by what you'll get in the medium and up levels of gameplay anyhow.
Exactly right I should think. Only jewellery pieces with a decent resist on them. They will probably be suitable for lowbies or people would wonder why they couldn't use their new toys. The tent seems like another version of the portable "fires" they had towrds the end of DAoC. I would think the headstart and/or open beta access were "worth" more. Then again a lot of peeps prob got the pre-order pack just to guarantee the CE and all the good stuff that comes with that.

@ Aurelius LH seems I'm on form for pissing people off today. Must have had a bad morning /shrug. Sorry mate I wasn't trying to be the arsewipe I sounded in that reply.

rynnor

Rockhound

Im sure its just fluff - for example in Age of Conan they had either mounts (nice but buyable) or some crap level 20s bow :p

Personally I cant wait to get my hands on the graphic novel :)

Tzeentch

Fledgling Freddie
So wait, the box you get from HMV is not the CE pre-order? It does say it on its side... though not at the front. And at the back it talks about the CE..

I read somewhere that basically you take the box+receipt to the store after the CE is out to pick it up and pay the difference..

Anyone confirm?

Idris

Fledgling Freddie
I'm sure it's just fluff, and anyway, it only works in PvE from what I recall, so it shouldn't make that big a difference.

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH

I thought it was just a potion that increases xp by 100% for an hour or something and some str potion, each having only 2-5 charges. Wont really make much difference since ive been reading that level grinding wont be all that bad. Might get some fancy looking cloak at level 1 also like in AoC.

ppl tend to pay out the money for pre orders if you get a chance to play before the rest, to grab name, guild name etc.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
So wait, the box you get from HMV is not the CE pre-order? It does say it on its side... though not at the front. And at the back it talks about the CE..

I read somewhere that basically you take the box+receipt to the store after the CE is out to pick it up and pay the difference..

Anyone confirm?
The DVD case you get from a high street HMV is the CE pre-order pack. It should cost £9.99. It contains the codes for open beta, head start and in-game items. In theory you get the £9.99 taken off the price of the CE when you return to HMV to buy it when you produce the reciept for the pre-order pack you bought there. The HMV pre-order pack DVD case is excatly the same as the item some people are now starting to get from play.com except one of the in-game items is slightly different.

The CE on sale on the HMV website is NOT the same, it is "just" the CE without the pre-order pack and the above codes.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
The HMV in Grimsby didnt seem to have any pre order packs on the shelfs at all:(

Tzeentch

Fledgling Freddie
Perfect, thanks Dervish.

Tali if you need one I can pick one up from the HMV near me, they had a handful last weekend

Idris

Fledgling Freddie
I might need one, but waiting till monday when Play.com can be phoned and whined at!

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
@ Aurelius LH seems I'm on form for pissing people off today. Must have had a bad morning /shrug. Sorry mate I wasn't trying to be the arsewipe I sounded in that reply.

Don't worry about it - I've been on this internet thing long enough to know how easy it is to come across badly in text when you didn't mean to! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom