EU Pre-order mess up??

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
ye no info on the lack of a UK e-buyer screw up tho GOA fuckin useless so tempted to go US

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Its now 1am waited for any responce, ANYTHING!
But not one word on the matter. 2moro is another day, Wait, Its already 2moro. *sigh* :(

Idris

Fledgling Freddie
It's pretty disappointing, for sure. My sister had it pre-ordered at Game for me as a birthday present, and now we're left not really knowing the best course of action. Really thought GOA might have improved on these kinds of things..

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Evidently not!!!

This is a massive error...... and yet again us Europeans have to wait longer than the yanks, who can pre-order fine and already have thier codes!!!!!

Case

Fledgling Freddie
yes it`s annoying but seriously chill out, the game isn`t even out for at least 6 months plenty of time yet

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved
Dont know if this applies really, but this is similar to when I ordered the "Founders Edition" of Lord of The Rings Online.

I ordered it from "Game.co.uk" when it was first announced for £17.99 but it didn't mention any special features (Like the Founders code, that gave you a discount of the monthly bill, and free founders cloak etc.), but a couple of days later it was listed on Play which did state all the special features, the only diffrence was the price £25.99.

I decided that i wanted all the new toys, so I cancelled with Game and orded with Play for £25.99, thats right you guessed it, a few days later "Game" listed all the same fetures that Play did.

So basically I lost a few quid but the point I think im trying to get at is Patience is a vertue and I bet given a few days Game will list all the Shiny new fetures and codes that Goa are telling us about :wub: *crosses fingers* :D

Gahn

Resident Freddy
yes it`s annoying but seriously chill out, the game isn`t even out for at least 6 months plenty of time yet

Yep chill out folks, 6 months = plenty of time to fuck up something else :eek:

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie

We all know it will be sorted out eventually!!! but the thing that got me annoyed is the Americans have gotten it first AGAIN!!!

Even though this whole pre-order countdown thing was only on the EU site and at present you can only order from German Amazon!!!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
A cockup now is better than a cockup at release as long as it gets something sorted in the mean time. I'm usually a big fanboi :p but yesterdays cockups (buggy website, suppliers without the games) just shouldn't have happened.

GOA really need to sort out their distribution.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
A cockup now is better than a cockup at release as long as it gets something sorted in the mean time. I'm usually a big fanboi :p but yesterdays cockups (buggy website, suppliers without the games) just shouldn't have happened.

Agreed!

Feel really sorry for the Mythic guys putting all this hard work into making this fantastic product only for GOA to balls it up given them a bad rep!

Gahn

Resident Freddy
There's another thing that bugs me big time, how comes that you can pre-order from Ea Usa ( even tho they ship only in Canada and Us :s ), and there's absolutely nothing related to War in Ea Emea store?
Not that i'll ever pre order the eu game, but i found it REALLY strange, i could even remotely understand (erm no but let's say) there was a misunderstanding between Goa and 3rd part E-Resellers, but even Ea Europe doesn't actually have the damn pre order chance?

Case

Fledgling Freddie
I doubt EA europe will have anything to do with selling it, that would be GOA. I totally agree with what people are saying this is really disapointing and a total screw up once again from GOA, my heart sank to see all this crap again, I was hoping those days were over for GOA and that WAR would be a new start but no once again they dropped the ball.

But still everyone getting all stressed about the whole thing is a bit silly given that it`s proably more like 8 months till release

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie

Yep, my thoughts exactly. Although im betting "Fall 2008" is ambitious, chances are we might even be looking at Q1 2009 for release.

Turamber

Part of the furniture

So true. DAoC is dying a long and lingering death in the UK in the most part because GOA's inability to market the game to the UK. Would be good to think they've learned from their mistakes but it is not looking good at all.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
I doubt EA europe will have anything to do with selling it, that would be GOA.

Nope EA Europe are the distributors for WAR throughout all of Europe.

To the rest of it:

I've just had a word with our marketing people here and the confusion seems to stem from some cross comunication between the distributors and the retailers.

Here's how it works:
There is a collector's edition which has the miniature, graphic novel, artbook etc in it.
There is a regular edition which has the game.

You can preorder either of those versions in the normal way from practically any gamestore or webmerchant (as they get around to updating their stock systems and websites etc) and you'll get it sent to you for release in the usual way.

In addition we are offering a special pre-order bonus set which includes the open beta access, the headstart on live servers and so forth. That applies to either edition of the game - it isn't limited to just the collector's edition. It is limited however to our specific pre-order partners. In the UK, it's Play.com and HMV. The Play.com link was removed last night because it was inaccurate, the HMV link will be coming as soon as they update their site to include it.

The correct link for Play is this one and our marketing team are checking with the distributors today to ensure that all the other links are up to date and to try and sort out the confusion that seems to have occurred.

Some sites are offering the pre-order for 8 euro/5 pounds. What that means is that you will pay that amount in advance for the pre-order kit and then the balance for whichever version of the game you buy when it is released. You aren't paying extra for a pre-order.

Hopefully that clears up most of the queries.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Hello Iain, always nice to see a post from you.

Especially one of this manner clearing up much confusion, thanks for making that call to your marketing people.

You mentioned towards the bottom of your post that there are some retailers taking pre-orders and charging a small amount and then paying the rest whenever the game becomes available?

Are there any links for this that are available for the UK? I've just put my order through on Play but I imagine it will be some time before I recieve any sniff of the special features keys? I know this is up to Play to arrange but I imagine they need to have been sent the keys first?

Many thanks in advance

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
The one question I have is seeing as I will be in open beta by purchasing this pre order pack and will be able to download the game. Will the key for the early start be sent electronically to me for the small fee of a few pounds?

If so link me to that and I'll be a happy man.

I have no interest in the box set, dvd etc. I would like to just download the game, setup a subscription and start playing, preferably with all the little extras like the 12 extra heads and the xp booster etc.

Reason I ask is a really don't trust the postal service ;)

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
from another fansite, sum1 phoned play.com about getting the open beta codes and they didnt have a clue what he was talking about. In the end they just hung up on him........

Whats going on.... :s

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
from another fansite, sum1 phoned play.com about getting the ope beta codes and they didnt have a clue what he was talking about. In the end they just hung up on him........

Whats going on.... :s

did he phone them up and ask them, or start yelling "lols meights i r wanting teh infoz!!!" which wouldnt suprise me for most of the pond life that occupies forums, and if anyone did that to me, id hang up on them aswell... :D

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
did he phone them up and ask them, or start yelling "lols meights i r wanting teh infoz!!!" which wouldnt suprise me for most of the pond life that occupies forums, and if anyone did that to me, id hang up on them aswell... :D

He said he rang them and asked, they told him he would get them when the game came out in september, when he said that cant be right as the americans are getting them now etc they just hung up on him, when he rang again they sai they hadnt a clue about any open BETA keys.

Mabs

if you pay a fiver now, get your beta key, then pay rest later, or cancel
if you havent paid anything, they arent going to give out beta keys, cos people would then just cancel , and repeat to get loads of keys
are the americans paying a bit upfront ?

and bear in mind, that is the mythic end of it so it has sweet FA to do with how GOA are organising it

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
Ok I've checked all the sites advertised and one has it right see link

Verkkokauppa.com - Osta viisaammin. Osta nopeammin.

Do a search for age of reckoning

They have the game for 69.90 euros

They are selling both the e-merchant and the normal merchant pre order packs separately for 9.90 euros

Also anyone caught selling keys will probably get banned.

Mabs

Also anyone caught selling keys will probably get banned.

you having a laugh right ?

you get into closed beta by being INVITE, ie , they know who you are
you get an open key from a shop, ofc you can sell it if you so wish, no way they can track who it belonged to originally, nor, i suspect, would they overly care

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
Whilst if you buy one for your mate you are probably right, I'm talking about people selling them on places like ebay and blatantly profiteering. That will probably get frowned upon.

Mabs

Whilst if you buy one for your mate you are probably right, I'm talking about people selling them on places like ebay and blatantly profiteering. That will probably get frowned upon.

makes no difference
goa cannot sort out who the original owner of a key is regardless of where it came from, so they cant do much about it, unless ALL the preorder sites send goa all the keys and the email addresses of people, assuming they dont then register with a difference email.. its impossible to police

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
We need the UK sellers, Namely Play.com to add a normal none CE edition and then add the special pack extra for a fiver or something to at least give people some choice and different options rather than for out £60

If they just out the pre-order pack up people could buy this and then pick a copy up locally when the game is released for example?

There's 2 German sites that have these options but so far we've got zip.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Nope EA Europe are the distributors for WAR throughout all of Europe.

.. Snip .

I had imagined that in fact, now got any clue how comes there's no trace of the Ce edition in any form in their e-store?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom