EU Pre-order mess up??

Arrandor

Regular Freddie
After going to four HMV's over the last few days, the Games Dept Manager at the Trafford Centre (one of the largest shopping centres in europe) confirmed they had the "special" packs, but they were not on "the system" yet, so they wouldn't be available for a week or two.

The other three HMV's all had staff who looked at me like I'd just asked, in binary, if I could buy the moon.

Yes, a chink of light at last! Cheers for the update :)

Nate

FH is my second home
FYI you can get HMV to ring you when they are selling the pre-orders by leaving your name/number and that your interested in them :)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Ok, I have an update on some of these issues and I expect to be getting more info over the next few days.

Regarding HMV, they will be stocking it in their stores but they are still in negotiation with EA about this. You'll notice that the website now says 'coming soon' next to the HMV banner and as we get confirmation that they are on board we'll obviously amend that.

Play.com: This is the big one. Firstly the good news; they aren't overselling their allotment. They've assured our distributors that as soon as they sell out they'll stop taking orders. So that's all good.

The bad news is that, yes, they are only going to be shipping to UK customers. We're clarifying exactly what this means for those of you outside the UK who have already placed orders with them but, as I've heard several reports of people being told their orders have been cancelled, I strongly suspect that if you are in that position that you'll need to find another supplier.

On that subject. EA are in negotiation with other retailers to make sure that there is a pan-European supplier as well as local suppliers in countries that aren't currently covered. As we get details of those we'll let you know.

Finally Game (UK) are not a pre-order partner and never have been, the CE was entered into their system as the result of an error and it has now been removed. Game in Sweden are a pre-order partner and this does not affect them in any way.

Hopefully this answers some questions, lays some fears to rest and, as I said, when we have more news we'll keep you updated.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
sorry if the answer has been posted to this before

but regarding the pre order pack ive ordered my CE edition from play.com will i recieve a pre order pack sometime before the CE arrives?

Arrandor

Regular Freddie
Ok, I have an update on some of these issues and I expect to be getting more info over the next few days...

Great update, many thanks Iain!

Also noticed there's a pre-order FAQ on the official EU site now, all good stuff. I just need a pre-order in my grubby mitts and I'll be sorted :D

Nate

FH is my second home
sorry if the answer has been posted to this before

but regarding the pre order pack ive ordered my CE edition from play.com will i recieve a pre order pack sometime before the CE arrives?
Yeah, people are receiving them now(not from play.com but from the other countries retailers) and the CE's haven't probably been even made yet.

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved
Ok, I have an update on some of these issues and I expect to be getting more info over the next few days.......................

Thanks for the update IanC, not what I wanted to hear (bit about Game not having any CE to sell) but better to know and all that :worthy:. Ive sent Game an email asking what's going on as the CE is still on my Pre order list :confused:. If I have any more info on Game's cock up ill post it here :twak:

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
kinda daft question now (yes, I do have those from time to time, as you might have already noticed) but can we also already just order the game? (so, not the CE, but just the game (basically the CE without the books or statues or comics or codes for special items/faces/headstart). 'Cause that's all I'm missing now: the game itself, so I can start playing as soon as it can be done.

So has that also been up for pre-order already, or do I have to wait a few months longer for that?

Deadweight89

Fledgling Freddie
Regarding HMV, they will be stocking it in their stores but they are still in negotiation with EA about this.

they will be stocking it in their stores, if the negotiations go through?
you guys are going to look stupid if negotiations fall through with HMV!

Surely things like this should be held back until negotiations with suppliers have been done and dusted?

or am i taking a bit of a negative view on this?

and just to make it an even number..... NEGOTIATIONS!

IainC

kinda daft question now (yes, I do have those from time to time, as you might have already noticed) but can we also already just order the game? (so, not the CE, but just the game (basically the CE without the books or statues or comics or codes for special items/faces/headstart). 'Cause that's all I'm missing now: the game itself, so I can start playing as soon as it can be done.

So has that also been up for pre-order already, or do I have to wait a few months longer for that?

There is no regular edition pre-order available yet. The CE is the only officially announced product at the moment. The regular edition will be announced later.

they will be stocking it in their stores, if the negotiations go through?
you guys are going to look stupid if negotiations fall through with HMV!

Surely things like this should be held back until negotiations with suppliers have been done and dusted?

or am i taking a bit of a negative view on this?

and just to make it an even number..... NEGOTIATIONS!

As I understand it, they want to stock it, EA want to sell it to them, the discussions are all about the details. We couldn't hold off as we had a worldwide launch plan to stick to with the official announcement at our press event which had been planned for months and one retailer cannot hold that up.

if, for any reason it doesn't happen with HMV then EA will find a different UK retailer to work with.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Ok, I have an update on some of these issues and I expect to be getting more info over the next few days.

I can't help thinking all these issues should have been addressed before the big counter went on the GoA site. It doesn't really inspire confidence.

IainC

I can't help thinking all these issues should have been addressed before the big counter went on the GoA site. It doesn't really inspire confidence.

The announcement had to happen when it did because it was a global release timed to coincide with the biggest pre-release press event. We signed the arrangement with EA for distribution back last August. So, yes, they were addressed a very long time before the counter went up. I'm not sure why you seem to think that confusion between the distributors and the retailers is a reason for a lack of confidence (presumably with Goa given your previous posting history).

Belsameth

Tainted
Thank you for the great info. Do you have a guestimate when you get more info for the rest of europe? This because if it turns out EA won't manage, I have to be on time to secure myself one through a friend in the UK.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
The announcement had to happen when it did because it was a global release timed to coincide with the biggest pre-release press event. We signed the arrangement with EA for distribution back last August.

I would simply assume that the appropriate measures would be taken to ensure that all parties (EA, Mythic and GoA) have double checked with all the appropriate retailers and have everything in place, ensuring everyone is singing from the same price list and double checking with retailers in advance that they have accurate information ready to go on their sites before advertising them as retailers on your own site. Common sense really. I am sure it isn't GoA's fault and that it is largely down to EA, just seems very odd that nobody double checked with Play, HMV and Game ect that everything was in place, before putting the counter in place /shrug

Kremlik

Fledgling Freddie
I find it funny how people have been quick to blame EA/Mythic/GoA for the handling of this when no one considered that the sites themself merely put CED details up on their sites before hand to coax you into buying from their site in my exerprience .

This isn't the first time sites like Game in the UK have put pre-orders up way before the game devs acally announced it only to 'disapper' later, it's just a way to make sure that you buy from them. Plus places like HMV, EA wouldn't be going to each indervidual store and asking if they know they'd be going to the main warehouse which it's their responcibility to sort out the items to ship not EA, so in that case the communitation error is internal only, and with play.com I'm almost sure it's 'UK only' as it's a UK based site and they don't want to spend a bomb on S&H to international places as the CED box is quite big and postage is kinda expencive here, so not GoA's falut on that part but play.com's with their 'free derliverary'.

So as far as EA/Mythic/GoA knew everything was set it's just the stores themselfs sitting on their hands and not filtering down the information and/or changing their minds at the last second with what they are doing. Head office very rarly equals the whole company knowing whats going on, itt's like chinese whispers at times.

undivied

Fledgling Freddie
2 question

1. do you still get the live head start and the open beta if you order from hmv because they have not said anything about them on their site. They have said about, the mouse pad, the art book and novel and the bonus quests,faces and character titles. But still nothing about the open beta or head start? so anyone know if they are offering it

2. Do the hmv stores know yet that they are "selling"? Because i am going to hmv tomorrow and I don't want to look like an idoit asking to pre order it and they don't know what the hell I am talking about.

Nate

FH is my second home
For UK+Eire Play.com and Brick/Mortar HMV Stores(NOT THE HMV WEB-SITE) are selling the Pre-Order pack which gets you the open beta, head start and bonus in game item. They are codes on a DVD box which you can assign to your account, you can't do that yet as GOA aren't ready to do so yet.

When you go to buy it from HMV, make sure they take your details so you can receive/they can hold your copy of the CE.

undivied

Fledgling Freddie
kk, but how do i get the beat/headstart codes before release date the will be worthless. aslo what a brick and mortar hmv store

Nate

FH is my second home
kk, but how do i get the beat/headstart codes before release date the will be worthless. aslo what a brick and mortar hmv store
Brick/Mortar - something you walk in to :p not something you look at on a screen hehe.

You'll have your codes when you get the Pre-Order box for the CE at HMV.

undivied

Fledgling Freddie
pre-order box? what that a box with the codes in? and you pick up the game on release date with the miniature figure, art book, novel and mouse mat

DeathBreath

Fledgling Freddie
My first post and i just like to say that i pre-ordered my warhammer game on cdon.com and i got the pre-order box 5days after, it contains 3 keys

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
i have mine for a while now coz i just bought it in-store at HMV... now gif release of guild beta and after thats out for 2weeks i guess open beta will start...?

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH
My first post and i just like to say that i pre-ordered my warhammer game on cdon.com and i got the pre-order box 5days after, it contains 3 keys

so why the hell hasnt play.com sent theres out yet? think someone needs to go and slap them around a bit :p

sp4nky

Fledgling Freddie
Let me se if I can get this right....

I drive to HMV and pre order the game and get a pre order dvd box stright away.... Then get then game and box when it is released??

Sorry geting kind of lost on this...

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
i doubt you will get anything from hmv unless they took your pre order details to reserve you a copy if not they will probably just sell the CE edition your pre order pack belongs to on there website :eek7:

my local store refused to take my details down and put me as a pre order on there computer, they kept saying just buy the pre order box and come back on release date :flame:
they will probably just stick all the ce's on the shelf and first come first served if they dont already sell them on the website.

i'd imagine hm shops should be taking everyones details down who buys a pre order back and then telling the main hmv warehouse how many copys they need.

i just went with play.com they seem more clued up even if you dont get the pre order pack as quick, atleast with them you knew your name was down for the CE, to late to pre order from them now though they sold all there alocated units

sp4nky

Fledgling Freddie
i doubt you will get anything from hmv unless they took your pre order details to reserve you a copy if not they will probably just sell the CE edition your pre order pack belongs to on there website :eek7:

my local store refused to take my details down and put me as a pre order on there computer, they kept saying just buy the pre order box and come back on release date :flame:
they will probably just stick all the ce's on the shelf and first come first served if they dont already sell them on the website.

i'd imagine hm shops should be taking everyones details down who buys a pre order back and then telling the main hmv warehouse how many copys they need.

i just went with play.com they seem more clued up even if you dont get the pre order pack as quick, atleast with them you knew your name was down for the CE, to late to pre order from them now though they sold all there alocated units

w00t I just got the last one from any of the HMV shops in my area.... Which is Bristol.

All I did was pay £9.99 for a pre odrer dvd and they take that price of the game when it comes out, I now have my keys :eek2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom