EU Pre-order mess up??

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, this has been touched on in other forums but I thought I'd make a clean thread as I find this a joke tbh.

If you check Play.com they have finally started to update this but 3 hours after we were supposed to be able to pre-order this we still cant, on another forum I frequent one guy said he actually went out to his local HMV store and they simply had no idea what he was talking about!!

Now is it just me or does there seem to have been a massive breakdown in communications here? either that or the retailers are to blame for not sorting this out sooner.

Whats also baking my noodle!! is that the Americans are already recieving there pre-order codes and can add them to thier account!!!!!!

At this stage we cant order from either of the partners and if so I doubt we'd recieve any codes etc etc and even if so there's no where on the EU site to add any codes to your account?

Is it me or have we suffered the old thing of 'The Americans recieve everything before anyone'.... yet again??

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
They clearly didnt talk to the stores before they stuck the names of them on the site. I really dont understand how they could balls it up. They give you a list about how good the CE will be, now you want it, YOU CANT HAVE IT YET! HAHAHAHA :(

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
They clearly didnt talk to the stores before they stuck the names of them on the site. I really dont understand how they could balls it up. They give you a list about how good the CE will be, now you want it, YOU CANT HAVE IT YET! HAHAHAHA :(

Well no one can actually have it yet but thats not really the point, big shiny countdown timer.... you'd expect all this to of been sorted beforehand.

So you get this timer that hits zero and goes!!! tadah!!!! you can now pre-order WAR..... go and do it!!!!!

However over 3 hours later we cant and one of the two named retailers does not have the slightest clue!?

Nate

FH is my second home
They aren't doing the pre order, you can only get it from Play.com or in HMV shops. (IN THE UK)

And they aren't selling it on most sites yet(think theres a danish one that is)

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
this is goa we are talking about. mythic are alot better in that department.
I've pre ordered from GAME.co.uk - Buy video games, consoles and accessories with free UK delivery. at GAME.co.uk btw, might not get the same offer though what it says on the webby, access to open beta, items etc but im gonna keep trying play.com also.

I've had it on order with these for almost 2 months now but as soon as the Play one comes live I'll cancel with Game and re-order with Play.

Something I didnt mention in my original post which I find really odd is that HMV were named as a parter for distrbuting this game?!? WTF?........ Were Game not considered for this seeing as its only one of two actual UK game retailers I can think of, the other being Gamestation.

I mean come on, you walk into HMV and you have to explain to them what a PC game is!!!! then they go and check the computer etc etc?

At least with a proper game seller the staff will be in the know and you wont get looked at blankly and like a total muppet when you ask 'Can I pre-order Warhammer Online'

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Game sweden is getting them, and the UK game is the same company so i dont see why they arnt getting them aswell.

Starman

Part of the furniture
Also considering they are the biggest gaming retailer in the UK it seems stupid for them not to offer it.

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Also considering they are the biggest gaming retailer in the UK it seems stupid for them not to offer it.

And if they did offer it to them, they wouldnt say no, so i assume they never got given the chance. or they had a bidding war to get the pre orders and HMV won? :s

ileks

Part of the furniture
I went into the Game at oxford street on the way home and was able to pre order it. The guy didn't have a clue about beta slips or whatever tho, but said phone again on Saturday and he will have a look.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Well you are all surprised about a lack of communication between Goa and its partners, hence you must be pretty new and fresh with em -.-

Ahhh I get you!!

Well I know EA are dodgy and are renown for fecking up! however I was kind of under the impression (from the sucess of DAoC) that they were much more organised!

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic are fine, Its GOA that have the very bad reputation for things like this. Apparently

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
That could explain this apparant feck up then!

I know Play.com are usually spot on and up to date with stuff like this so it leads me to believe that the two retailers were simply not notified of thie event or not send the required info to sort there websites out/inform store managers!

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Yea never had one problem with play.com they are always up to date and spot on. Been shopping with them for years. Some bad communication from GOA i imagin.

Ashorn

Fledgling Freddie
If it helps at all, the special preorder pack with the early start and beta code isnt free. It has a small cost, few pounds. So far people have managed to preorder from some of the sites, 1 in hungary, 1 in denmark, 1 in sweden that I know of, converting the cost it roughly came to £4-£5.

In essence, if your preorder didnt cost you anything, then all you have done is preorder a copy of the CE, not ordered a copy of the special preorder pack (the one which comes with the beta key and early start). I preordered a couple of copies at GAME (uk) yesterday, but have cancelled it today as its become clear that all I have done is preorder the CE, rather than THE preorder. Hope that makes sense

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
If it helps at all, the special preorder pack with the early start and beta code isnt free. It has a small cost, few pounds. So far people have managed to preorder from some of the sites, 1 in hungary, 1 in denmark, 1 in sweden that I know of, converting the cost it roughly came to £4-£5.

In essence, if your preorder didnt cost you anything, then all you have done is preorder a copy of the CE, not ordered a copy of the special preorder pack (the one which comes with the beta key and early start). I preordered a couple of copies at GAME (uk) yesterday, but have cancelled it today as its become clear that all I have done is preorder the CE, rather than THE preorder. Hope that makes sense

It does, thanks Ashorn...... just need to wait for Play!

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Going to cancel my pre order with game now and wait for that email from play to tell me i can now order it. Thanks Ashorn

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
just noticed that a load of the shops apparently offering pre order have been removed from the CE page not one england page frankly this fucking sucks there better be a set number of copies reserved per country otherwise those countries without any pre order sites are screwed goa fuckin usless they were 6 years ago and still are

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
just noticed that a load of the shops apparently offering pre order have been removed from the CE page not one england page frankly this fucking sucks there better be a set number of copies reserved per country otherwise those countries without any pre order sites are screwed goa fuckin usless they were 6 years ago and still are

Oh dear!!! just checked this out and your right, they have removed Play.com..... meaning at present in the UK we cannot order this package online and the supposed pre-order in store option of HMV have not got a clue what were on about when people have been to the stores today............ this is genius and has EPIC FAIL stamped all over it.

So does that mean Play.com have been removed from this partnership thing?

They need to get this sorted out tomorrow and tell us where we can get it and make sure the retailer knows and is ready to take orders.

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH
if u click on the hmv link it comes up with another language, this is classic goa, already screwing us up before the game is released. I've been trying all day to pre order this, hopfully they can sort something out tomorrow and that they have enough copies left.

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
The fact we have no1 to answer our troubles is just stupid, they should have known that this would happen when most would be at a press event and because of this they should have assigned sum1 to stay behind and see if things go ok with the CE. When GOA come back and read these posts i hope they realise how much of a royal fudge up this is.

Been beaten by france, A great end to a great day.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
And if they did offer it to them, they wouldnt say no, so i assume they never got given the chance. or they had a bidding war to get the pre orders and HMV won? :s

Just seen this from the other thread I posted in. Like's been said, GOA hasn't exactly got a great reputation when it comes to advertising for a product, there was little to none for DAOC so this doesn't come as much of a surprise when they screw up the pre-order campaign. Time will tell I suppose

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
if u click on the hmv link it comes up with another language, this is classic goa, already screwing us up before the game is released. I've been trying all day to pre order this, hopfully they can sort something out tomorrow and that they have enough copies left.

Yea they have cocked up the links, The czech republic link to Game expres runs under the HMV logo making it look like its a link to the HMV store but its not.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
717335.jpg

That nicely sums it up :eek:

Am curious to hear the excuse this time from the "Goa won't fuck it up like it did with Daoc" people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom