Equilibrium

Y

Yaka

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0238380

saw the a while back trailer and didnt think much of this film but i have just finsihed watching it and all i can say is WOW.

the gunplay set pieces are very orignal and cristian bale does a good job of carrying the movie. you guys gota watch it.

C

caLLous

*agree*

Also looking forward to Bulletproof Monk a lot. :)

R

raw

I've heard good things about the film so i'll keep an eye out for it.

Y

Yaka

no its been pulled in america, think it only did a few days on a limited showing. due to its portrait of a fascist goverment and word is george bush didnt like the films nature. every thus far has said good things about it. and it is a kewl film

X

Xavier

christ, really?

so where do I find myself a copy? some little backwater DVD emporium, or is it due over here?

Y

Yaka

its getting a release here in cinemas mate this week or next i think just saw a trailer on telly a few minutes ago

X

Xavier

sodding typical, I'm off gallavanting around Europe and the US again as of tuesday...

where did you see it?

Y

Yaka

heheh a mate of mine does repairs an fittings for cinemas around the uk now an again i let him borrow me van and i sometimes go wit him. once his jobs done we makes sure he wates time on "configuration" and watches a few movies while getting paid

X

Xtro

Got free tickets to see this tonight. Heard from multiple sources its "donkeywank", "pigwank", "fucking shite" and "really good".

Interesting...its free anyway, I shall report back to BW base tomoz.

X

Xtro

seen it, had a couple of beers b4 so was in jovial mood.

You know when people describe a film as FILM A crossed with FILM B etc, well usually that pisses me off as just such a lazy way to describe a film.

Equilbrium = The Matrix / 1984 :(, totally and utterly. Never before have I seen a film that is just 2 others bashed together.

Don't get me wrong its NOT shit, its just...well it was free...and it was Friday...couple of good bits, the guntaka is cool.

5/10 if I didnt have beer, as I'd had beer 6/10.

B

Bym

Great film, great bloke ;)

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, Christian Bale..........................

<swoon>

L

leggy

Can I just say..

Awsome film.

I'm not one for high octane action films but this one was pure sex.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Originally posted by Bym
Great film, great bloke ;)

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, Christian Bale..........................

<swoon>

Is your bloke off stealing again?

N

Nos-

Weak plot, weak script :/

Nice idea and excellent gun battles, but could have been executed better imho.

O

old.ignus

You're all wrong (unless you agree with me) coz this film is the mutts nutts, the dogs danglies, the...you get the picture. Far better than the Matrix, after the initial revelation in the matrix the film was far too obvious and predictable and if I have to watch another documentary about how they created bullet time I will kill someone.
I loved the idea of the gun kata, it also sounds plausable in unarmed combat, if you think about it there should be a patern that most fights roughly follow.
And it full of British actors:
Christian Bale
Sean Bean
Sean Pertwee
and even Brian 'its a puppet' Conoley

D

dysfunction

If Brian Connoly was in a film I was watching I'd stick two pencils up my nose and bag them hard on the desk

S

Sar

Originally posted by old.ignus
I loved the idea of the gun kata, it also sounds plausable in unarmed combat, if you think about it there should be a patern that most fights roughly follow.

Except their "rough patern" translated as two rows of three people standing on either side of the cleric standing there doing fuck all.

Below average film, lesser than its influences.

And by saying influences, I am of course being kind.

E

ECA

I thought it was an ok flick even if it was obvious where it drew its inspiration from.

O

old.ignus

Well looks like you're arguing with yourself then Sar.

I'm sick of hearing all this 'it was inspired by the matrix' watch carefully, its not. The Matrix was about a virtual reality where your mind was your strength, equilibrium was about a world where clearing your mind of feeling allowed you to react better, there was no bullet time and slow motion has been in use for years, stop giving the makers of Matrix credit for inventing everything, I even saw a written review of tron saying it was inspired by the matrix ffs how can that be possible.

N

Nos-

Originally posted by old.ignus it was inspired by the matrix' watch carefully, its not.

You clearly are retarded.

Originally posted by old.ignus I even saw a written review of tron saying it was inspired by the matrix ffs how can that be possible.

And you clearly read publications with the tagline 'Written by retards, read by retards'.

End of.

O

old.ignus

No you are retarded for your insults are made up by retards for use by retards.

S

Sar

Stylistically it's a virtual blueprint of Matrix meets 1984.

Thematically it's a virtual blueprint of Matrix meets 1984.

Symbolically it's a virtual blueprint of Matrix meets 1984.

Except it has Brian Connolly in it.

FS!

S

Sar

Originally posted by old.ignus
I even saw a written review of tron saying it was inspired by the matrix ffs how can that be possible.

Retards with keyboards are sometimes the best entertainment known to man.

Users who are viewing this thread