News Englands a third world country?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Who gives a fuck what he thinks :) The Vatican seem to think they still hold some sort of political and social clout.

Though what he says is near to the truth, I wouldn't be that bothered if half the population just fucked off tbh.

rynnor

Rockhound
Who gives a fuck what he thinks :)

Though what he says is near to the truth, I wouldn't be that bothered if half the population just fucked off tbh.

Yeah but who wants the opinion of an ex-hitler youth tbh - he must get on well with the pope - I wonder if they have a secret handshake :p

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
must have got out in straight into brick lane and thought it was Pakistan or something

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I read this earlier, how they allow these idiots to give interviews without a PR aide is beyond me. First he said it's a third world country, then they try to explain that comment by saying it's a reflection the diversity of the UK population. Facepalm is not enough.

But hey, I'm quite happy to live in an aggressive atheist country, if only there were more of them.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
He is probably just pissed off we wont let them play with children any more.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Bar them from the country tbh. An 'independant state' which actively hides peadophiles is not one that we should allow visits from. Until they hand over all records relating to abuse in this country and pay for their own security whilst here the pope can damn well keep out.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Nah it will take the Tories at least 3 terms before we hit 3rd World status. :p

throdgrain

FH is my second home
It does look a bit like a 3rd world country round Heathrow though :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Nah it will take the Tories at least 3 terms before we hit 3rd World status. :p

Disagree with the prediction here violently but I am vastly disappointed that Cameron made even any positive comment about the Papal visit. Probably to be expected but it's about time we stopped fawning over these filth as a country. Maybe Cleggy will say something sarcy at least :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Disagree with the prediction here violently but I am vastly disappointed that Cameron made even any positive comment about the Papal visit. Probably to be expected but it's about time we stopped fawning over these filth as a country. Maybe Cleggy will say something sarcy at least :)

Violently eh? 2 terms instead of 3 then? ;) :p :D

Kryten

Old Cow.
The pope needs shooting. Tired of the whole shebang already and they act like children. Which is quite useful as they like to play with children.

These tweets from the real Kryten (Rob Llewellyn) made me laugh though :D

"Racist red dress wearing bigotted old twat, no apologies."

"Ahh, the lovely Papal advisor. "The UK is a third world country of aggressive atheists." "Oi, God boy, want some?!'"

Turamber

Part of the furniture
There is a huge contradiction in this country where secular values are cherished but political leaders go to church and the Queen is the head of the Church of England. I don't like some of the silly views espoused by some atheists - people who believe in God aren't "stupid" and religion has contributed a great deal to the development of mankind.

But wouldn't it be fair to say most third world countries are Catholic? :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Lets not have another debate on religion :)

Can we all agree though that the pope and his mates are a set of *****?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I quite like the idea of being labelled "A Nation of Aggressive Atheists". We should put it on the "Welcome to The United Kingdom" signs at customs.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
fucking joke. carpet bomb vatican city. the world would be a much better place without them.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
When I land at Heathrow I'm always struck that it's very much like entering a police state, rather than a 3rd world country.

No "Welcome to England! Have a great stay!" signs or anything. Just millions of CCTV cameras in grey corridors which are lined with flourecent-jacket wearing security and signs all over the place telling you what's prohibited and how many laws you could potentially be breaking and how much the police are watching your every move...

But apart from that. Fuck the pope. Preferably in the ass. Preferably against his will.

rynnor

Rockhound
The popes now on about 'atheist extremists' what bollocks - I'd love to see a comparison of those killed by religious extremists v atheist extremists :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not to mention the millions infected with HIV because of his bullshit about condoms. He is an absolute bell end. Fucking nazi peodo protecting arsehole.

DaGaffer

The popes now on about 'atheist extremists' what bollocks - I'd love to see a comparison of those killed by religious extremists v atheist extremists :p

Weeeell, there is Joseph Stalin, Mao Zedung and Pol Poht in the atheist camp. The religious extremists are probably ahead on points but the atheists clearly have their moments. The common factor of course is that they are all human beings, and human beings are c**ts.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Lol! Nice :)

I'm pretty sure that the problem with Stalin and Mao wasn't that they were atheists, but that they were powerful politicians.

DaGaffer

Lol! Nice :)

I'm pretty sure that the problem with Stalin and Mao wasn't that they were atheists, but that they were powerful politicians.

They were both pretty big on religious persecution (although Stalin also opened the Churches when the Germans were outside Moscow), so I don't think you can ignore atheism as part of their general makeup.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The total cost of the Pope's stay to the taxpayer will be between £10m and £12m, with the bill for policing estimated at an additional £1.5m. < The beeb, fucking hell. Pay yourself you tight ****!

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
Weeeell, there is Joseph Stalin, Mao Zedung and Pol Poht in the atheist camp. The religious extremists are probably ahead on points but the atheists clearly have their moments. The common factor of course is that they are all human beings, and human beings are c**ts.

the shit mao and stalin did was not motivated by religious belief (or lack of), it was because they were nastey, sick fuckers with very wrong idea's about how the world works. they just happened to be atheists.

DaGaffer

the shit mao and stalin did was not motivated by religious belief (or lack of), it was because they were nastey, sick fuckers with very wrong idea's about how the world works. they just happened to be atheists.

Atheism was an intrinsic part of their ideology. You can't on the one hand decry all the evil done in the name of religion, and then deny that logic when it comes to Marxists. The clue is "in the name of" - a lot, probably the majority, of religious crimes were actually an excuse for political or economic agendas, and Marxism's (or Leninism's, Maoism's or any other -ism's) anti-religious rhetoric was exactly the same.

As anyone who's read these forums can attest, I'd be the last person to defend religion, but I'm not blind to the idea that atheism can have an ideological aspect, and any ideology can be used to persecute those who have different opinion.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They were both pretty big on religious persecution (although Stalin also opened the Churches when the Germans were outside Moscow), so I don't think you can ignore atheism as part of their general makeup.

Their atheism wasn't the motivating point in their atrocities tho? It's a fallacious argument to draw a parallel between their atheism and their actions IMHO. An attack on a church doesn't necessarily mean it's motivated by atheism.

In catholicism (and presuming we're discounting conspiracy 'theories') their performance of the irrational action called 'believing' was the foundation of the thinking behind the atrocities. The belief that they were doing "gods work". It was also this belief that acted as the mobilising force for the armies of christians that were involved.

rynnor

Rockhound

Pol pot - raised as catholic and became a communist - in terms of ideology I think you could argue communism as a religion.

Stalin - raised in the Georgian Orthodox church - he even went to seminary but got kicked out because he couldnt afford the fees -again you'd have to put his religion as communism - he correctly identified other religions as a threat to his own rule and in the fine old tradition of religious wars cracked down on the others.

Mao Zedung - raised as a Budhist but converted to communism - I'm seeing a pattern here :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I agree with ramathorn (feels good that someone else is making the arguments I'd have made before I jump in headfirst!) :)

The clue is "in the name of"

In Stalin's case, it was in the name of Communism - not atheism.

The common denominator is all these people performed the actions called belief.

Atheism, I'd argue, is the lack of belief (not the belief in nothing).

Atheists, therefore, can't wind themselves up enough to commit mass slaughter/kiddy fiddling and then find themselves innocent of any crime 'cause they "believe" what they're doing is "right" :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom