Ending Tower/Keep farms in Catacombs

Loosey

Fledgling Freddie
Date Posted: 12/26/04 6:22pm Subject: heretic 'monster rez' exploting/possible bug or working as intended? - Date Edited: 12/26/04 6:29pm (1 edits total) Edited By: unt0ld
I'm sure some people will hate that I'm bringing this out in the open because it will probably get used/exploited more. However, I've been seeing this 'tactic' used more often and i invite anyone who think they have a solution to dealing with this (counter) to let me know what they think. It's not really an exploit but if you see what I'm talking about you know the people who are doing it know what they're doing is effectively making the people they rez impossible to kill. I say impossible because we had 8animists with capped out shrooms on the roof probably 30-45 people on the roof total and we were unable to kill these people. We also had pbaoe's/tanks/archers as well.

Basically we're defending the roof from albs who are below. A few albs die, the heretic rezzes a few (because I'm on galahad we have several 50 heretics already) The albs below place 'hand of god' on the various people they rez with the heretic spell with either a high spec enhance cleric and/or buffbot, which in turn makes him immune to 85% all attacks melee AND magic. The result, 2-3heretics run up do not engage in fighting with anyone because of this they're still protected by the 'hand of god' spell.

This isn't that bad yet until you thrown in the pulsing AOE DOT that the heretic rezzed person has. So basically they ARE in combat but the game doesn't see them in combat because they're not engageing people with f6/casting spells etc. Throw in one cleric spread healing the invididuals and you've effectively got a person who is melee/magic immune who can aoe pulse a dot on everyone who's on the roof. This isn't the only situation that this can occur and saying spread out isn't a viable option nor should it be considered a way to 'fix' this problem.

The result, everyone on the roof dies to a pulsing aoe dot that is continually reapplied because no one can cast/heal the monsters run around over and over again spreading the aoe dot to everyone several times which effectively spam interupts. Big deal you may say except MOC wont even help this situation. In fact my 223DD would isntead of hitting for 89 damage, would hit him for ~60damage per nuke, something a spreadheal would easiy rememdy.

As you can see, I really hope this is not "WORKING AS INTENDED" because it effectively makes defending a keep from albs with a few heretics and a buffbot impossible.

This is not a QQ post either and I think any reasonably minded person can see that this is not something that should be considered "working as intended". If it is, I suspect I'll be /canceling my account until this problem is corrected or at least playing less.

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Something to note is that Hand of God isn't used, and it is very much working as intended :)

Loosey

Fledgling Freddie
and this is what really happend:

Date Posted: 12/26/04 7:39pm Subject: RE: heretic 'monster rez' exploting/possible bug or working as intended?
The worst part is that he posted that we were exploiting on these boards, and didn't even stop to read any of the threads here about the class prior to posting.

This is a simple case that someone died, and it's everyone's fault but their own.

Just to give folks the scenario of the tower we were at that the original poster is all bent out of shape over:

My husband and I were grouped together at a tower that the Hibs owned and that we wanted back. There were a ton of Hibs on the roof. My husband died, I monster rezzed, he ran up, dotted, came back down the ladder and died, I rinsed and repeated.

They never once stunned him. They never once even mezzed him. They just stood there and stared at him and tried to melee him down every time he went up. They let him dot the crap out of them, and they let him run back down the ladder as he died so he could be re-rezzed.

This is the first time that I have ever seen a group of hibs NOT mezz or stun a monster. Most of the others are pretty quick studies and figured that all out the first week of Cats, lol.

Anyway, this guy died, came here and posted on these boards about how it's an exploit without even reading these boards about the class. Found out that it's part of the spell, but he's now convinced that it's overpowered, even though it's a spell that lasts 45 seconds, costs me a half a bar of power, monsters can't do anything when they're in monster form but run around, people who are monster rezzed usually die after the spell wears off, etc.

SOMEONE DIED!!! And it's everyone's fault but the idiots who stood there and let someone run around and dot them!!!!

omg!

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
bah, don't inform them! Let them get the same problem and then cry nerf! :flame: :)

Tilda

However if you read down, the first guy is bsing its not an exploit, if the hibs has mezzed him or rooted him, he'd have been stuck on the roof, then when monster form ran out, he'd die instantly (1% hp's) and most probably out of rez range.

Tilda

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
However if you read down, the first guy is bsing its not an exploit, if the hibs has mezzed him or rooted him, he'd have been stuck on the roof, then when monster form ran out, he'd die instantly (1% hp's) and most probably out of rez range.

Tilda

Aye, but if enough run up with 45 sec duration (and the little kobbies/elfs cannot resist that pb button) it will still work.

Cannot see lord/captain farmers not putting down ae damage/storms/twf etc. If they don't, then in runs the reaver bombers.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Can't see that this one is a keeper when it arrives here, it'll prolly be nerfed alot the day it reaches europe.

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:

Tilda
But wouldn't shrooms break the mezz/root? Looks like shrooms are not the way to go anymore. :)

Brennik

Fledgling Freddie
Not only do shrooms break the mezz, the bastard itself seems to keep pulsing the dot even if he/she/it is mezzed...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
it's reduced damage, not immunity, but yeah it's something for albs to break a farm with, (which you can do with instant CC or whatever in mid/hib).

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
it's just the one spell.

Reanimate resses the target as a zombie with 100% hp, they can be buffed/healed/whatever as usual. However, for 45 seconds they cannot use any abilities or spells, or go into combat mode or anything. They have a hand of god equivalent absorbtion shell combined with a pulsing pbaoe dot. After 45 seconds they revert to normal with 1% hp.

They're perfectly killable you just have to be slightly more awake than the VN whiner who was upset that unlike everything else that came near he wasn't instagibbing the zombie.

Maybe the animist/caster farm types will have to take some tanks with them to deal damage to the zombies rather than purely relying on casters.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Jaapi said:
But wouldn't shrooms break the mezz/root? Looks like shrooms are not the way to go anymore. :)

hrm I know monsters won't aggro on mezzed players any more (unless they have noone else to attack) - wonder if that's the same with shrooms.

Then again the shroom is probably already mid-cast when the mezz lands, so it'll nuke anyway.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Flim, Hand of God is for magic and melee. The effect of monster rezz is for magic only?

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Ilienwyn said:
Hand of God is for magic and melee. The effect of monster rezz is for magic only?

Magic and Melee 75% absorb and like already said once your 45 seconds are over you revert back to "normal" form with 1% hp and 100% mana and no rez sickness.
Theres already extremely amount of whine in VN about it seeing as hibs just can't shroom the entire lord room and kill 10 times their numbers with ease anymore with 10 zombies around you have instantly killed all shrooms and removed all DI + insta's from the Druid/Healer then just send up the reaver bomb squad to finish the rest off.

Though Mids might be able to mez the zombies and wait 45 seconds (well it wont work if you have a trigger happy person in the lord room which you basically always have) Hibs on the other hand will not be able to mez them due to shrooms hitting the zombie upon entering the lord room and I have yet to see a hib lord room not shroomed to no end.
So that either means no shrooms for hibs or mass zombies for albs when hibs decide to shroom up that's why all hibs are whining on VN now since finally there is a really effective counter to shrooms now.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Wow, hibs and mids will finally have to play smart in lord rooms rather then hammering away at one button? this'll be interesting.

thaaadi

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Wow, hibs and mids will finally have to play smart in lord rooms rather then hammering away at one button? this'll be interesting.

really reavers doesnt exist : :wanker: :puke:

Night

Fledgling Freddie
thaaadi said:
dont stand in one spot all huddled together than like last time...
and its a 4 button class!

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
thaaadi said:

Well Hibs make a Reavers job pretty easy. At the siege of Eras last week Nightpetal and myself were in the keep and someone reported all Hib casters were huddled together in the alcove directly across from the gate.

I really felt like it was Christmas :)

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Skilgannon said:
Well Hibs make a Reavers job pretty easy. At the siege of Eras last week Nightpetal and myself were in the keep and someone reported all Hib casters were huddled together in the alcove directly across from the gate.

I really felt like it was Christmas :)

omg, giiiiiiiiiiiiive! :D

Votan

Fledgling Freddie
Come Catacombs Albion will have a new motto: Bombs Away! :flame:

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Votan said:
Come Catacombs Albion will have a new motto: Bombs Away! :flame:

Naw, that's is the current moto.

Catacombs moto will be that albion is no longer a zerg but a zombie land! :D

Votan

Fledgling Freddie
Ilienwyn said:
Naw, that's is the current moto.

Catacombs moto will be that albion is no longer a zerg but a zombie land! :D

we lack reavers with RR5, Ml8 and what not though :(

<waits for first catacombs zombie movie with MJ music>

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
thaaadi said:

Slightly more then 1 button actually, but don't worry, I know its difficult for you middies to count.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom