Eminem's new album

bainteor

Banned
Oh do fuck off Dorimor.

Post reported, there is no need for that abuse when I made a perfectly sensible statement.

megadave said:
LOL your trolling is pretty fun dorimor, nobody on freddyshouse is musically mature enough to listen to the beach boys :D

in regards to your sampling/stealing comment, see this site

Watch | Everything Is a Remix

rock and roll form the 50s is largely stolen from early blues music

Actually, I am not trolling. It is something I feel very strongly about. And please explain your Beach Boys comment? Their music is far better than anything I have seen in this thread.

And there is a difference between stealing and being influenced by. I do agree that 50s music is quite repetitive, and heavily influenced by early blues, but it was beautiful, innocent and was around at a time when music was consistently good. How telling is it that Oasis have achieved legendary status in this modern age? We get one above-average guitar band every 10 years and because of this we put them on a throne.

As I said, 50s rock and roll is not stolen. Sampling is stealing. Take Akon's Mr. Lonely for example. I wonder how many people know that the chorus (which is cunningly accelerated to detract attention from the original artist) is actually from Bobby Vinton's 'Lonely'? And I wonder if he was credited in that song that made millions upon millions, largely due to the catchy chorus that was recored over 40 years before? An absolute disgrace.

I am not saying that 50s music is entirely original. But modern music is petty in the fact that they need to sample (without crediting) because they lack the talent to come up with something different.

bainteor

Banned
Megadave, that clip is pointless. I do not rate Led Zepellin at all, so I actually agree with the video and it is of no great suprise to me that they copied large amounts of their supposedly self-written material. I am talking about proper rock and roll, from the 1950s.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Led Zeppelin is an example but okay, i guess you missed the point of the video.

Im assuming you've heard of Eminem before, why enter a hip-hop thread to talk about how much you dislike hip-hop and like rock and roll?

bainteor

Banned
Im assuming you've heard of Eminem before, why enter a hip-hop thread to talk about how much you dislike hip-hop and like rock and roll?

What is that idiom that people use, where the pot calls the kettle black or something? That certainly applies to you. Considering you troll most of my threads, am I not entitled to troll this one?

Anyway, at least I am not saying rap is rubbish without a reason. I am opening up an opportunity for an interesting discussion.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Oh do fuck off you pointless troll. Come back to the forums when you ready to not be an arse. Like other types of music? Then make a post about them. Twat.

bainteor

Banned
Oh do fuck off you pointless troll. Come back to the forums when you ready to not be an arse. Like other types of music? Then make a post about them. Twat.

I am trying to instigate some sort of discussion.

Or is the source of your anger merely the fact that you are unable to give me a reason why rap isn't a complete waste of space?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
It really is amusing what kids will listen to these days.

I don't care how talented the musician is, rap is vulgar and ultimately severely lacks originality (whereby rappers steal parts of other people's work and pass it off as their own, which they call sampling) and I would never condone such music.

I doubt any of you are musically mature enough to appreciate good music, but if you feel like giving it a go then listen to The Beach Boys or perhaps rock and roll from the late 50s (Ricky Nelson, The Everly Brothers, Eddie Cochran).

I find this disturbingly patronising, conceited and condescending.

I am trying to instigate some sort of discussion.

Or is the source of your anger merely the fact that you are unable to give me a reason why rap isn't a complete waste of space?

Rap is like any other form of music and art form; there are some dreadful artists, there are some wonderfully creative rap and hip hop artists.

severely lacks originality (whereby rappers steal parts of other people's work and pass it off as their own, which they call sampling)

You mean like 50's rock and roll ripped off deep south blues? What's original about 50's rock and roll? Worse still, blues has been rehashed over and over and over through time. Your argument falls flat in the face that most of today's music is woefully unoriginal, but you know what, most people don't give a fuck. There is a large spectrum that now falls into the rap / hip hop category from Grandmaster Flash through to Eminem. Some of these artists do indeed rely heavily on sampling (I'm looking at Kanye here), but that doesn't stop it from being an almost original sound.

As for vulgar, I refer you to:

YouTube - Common - Geto Heaven ft. Macy Gray

Common's music is like poetry, great beats mixed with heartfelt lyrics that is *drum roll* pretty original (if you listen to the song, you'll hear him talk about 'crap rappers'). Classic hip hop / rap originated from a time that was a struggle, I refer you to Chris Rock on rap and he even quotes people like you who have a woefully inaccurate opinion on "rap":

YouTube - Comedy Central: Chris Rock on Rap music

old.user4556

Mate, you're not as clever are you're making out you are.

bainteor

Banned
I find this disturbingly patronising, conceited and condescending.

Why?

Big G said:
Rap is like any other form of music and art form; there are some dreadful artists, there are some wonderfully creative rap and hip hop artists.

Rap is like any other form of music in that it advocates violence, vandalism, sexism, arrogance as well as wealth and money over love and happiness. Rap is like any other form of music in that performers are not talented enough to say anything meaningful, or write poetic lyrics, so they will rap faster to get more words in and thus get their message across. Rap is like any other form of music in the fact that it is constantly derided by those who know what good music is. Rap is like any other form of music? I think not. And to call rap music is blasphemy. Music elevates humanity, rap degrades it.

Big G said:
You mean like 50's rock and roll ripped off deep south blues? What's original about 50's rock and roll? Worse still, blues has been rehashed over and over and over through time. Your argument falls flat in the face that most of today's music is woefully unoriginal, but you know what, most people don't give a fuck. There is a large spectrum that now falls into the rap / hip hop category from Grandmaster Flash through to Eminem. Some of these artists do indeed rely heavily on sampling (I'm looking at Kanye here), but that doesn't stop it from being an almost original sound.

You clearly do not understand what I am saying. 50s rock and roll (although most of it is original and only about 30% of it has very large elements of blues), amoungst other forms of music, uses similar chords and similar themes to a lot of blues. That is true. However, there is a difference between using a few similar things here and there and actually copying other music. At least music in that day was music, rap is a collection of auto-tuned sounds and computer-generated drivel.

Big G said:
Common's music is like poetry, great beats mixed with heartfelt lyrics that is *drum roll* pretty original. Classic hip hop / rap originated from a time that was a struggle, I refer you to Chris Rock on rap and he even quotes people like you who have a woefully inaccurate opinion on "rap"

Oh please. That is just an insult. Heartfelt lyrics? Sam Cooke's 'A Change is Gonna Come' is about struggle, to name but one classic. Rap is not a medium for the oppresssed. Rap is a medium for the kind of people who shoot kids from 'rival gangs', rap is a medium for thugs like Snoop Dogg to spread their hatred for the world. Since when did these idiots rap about poverty in the world, or other issues? They rap about drugs, violence, money and sex.

It is simply a disgraceful and pathetic excuse for music. And two souless, boring songs aren't going to change my, and other music expert's, opinion of it.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Oh, so now your many expertises include being a music "expert", whatever that may be given the objectivity of how the medium can be perceived.

So, play nice, stop being a trolling dick, or you will be gone once again with my heartfelt wishes that you will find enlightenment.

And the rest of you. Don't feed the troll, its the reason they exist. Like the reverse of saying you don't believe in faries. Do comply, or I will take measures.

old.user4556

You said:

It really is amusing what kids will listen to these days.

<snip>

I doubt any of you are musically mature enough to appreciate good music

Which makes you a conceited, arrogant and disturbingly patronising individual.

Rap is like any other form of music in that it advocates violence, vandalism, sexism, arrogance as well as wealth and money over love and happiness.

Not all rap does, and so what if it does? There are plenty of genres that promote violence, money grabbing and sexism and isn't exclusive to rap. Wasn't it Marvin Gaye that sang about sexual healing and had his dad ultimately shoot him due to his sinful ways?

Rap is like any other form of music in that performers are not talented enough to say anything meaningful, or write poetic lyrics, so they will rap faster to get more words in and thus get their message across. Rap is like any other form of music in the fact that it is constantly derided by those who know what good music is. Rap is like any other form of music? I think not. And to call rap music is blasphemy. Music elevates humanity, rap degrades it.

Sorry, but this is just too retarted to reply to - and posting "why? because you can't think of a challenging retort?" will not change the fact that this is Grade A retarted. What you're posting is opinion which you are entitled to, just don't ram it down people's throats.

You clearly do not understand what I am saying.

I do.

However, there is a difference between using a few similar things here and there and actually copying other music. At least music in that day was music, rap is a collection of auto-tuned sounds and computer-generated drivel.

What rap are you actually talking about? You do realise that such sweeping generalisations make you look like woefully ignorant and uneducated?

Oh please. That is just an insult. Heartfelt lyrics? Sam Cooke's 'A Change is Gonna Come' is about struggle, to name but one classic.

Hearfelt lyrics are lyrics that mean something to the listener which will vary. Again, your ignorance is just overflowing.

Rap is not a medium for the oppresssed. Rap is a medium for the kind of people who shoot kids from 'rival gangs', rap is a medium for thugs like Snoop Dogg to spread their hatred for the world. Since when did these idiots rap about poverty in the world, or other issues? They rap about drugs, violence, money and sex.

A particular brand of rap, yes.

It is simply a disgraceful and pathetic excuse for music. And two souless, boring songs aren't going to change my, and other music expert's, opinion of it.

Music experts like who? Examples? Quotes? 'Weasel words' - that's what they call that in Wiki land.

old.user4556

Lol - first time negative rep :).

So back on topic, Eminem's album? Bah, load of sexist copied shite.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
so I was reading more about odd future; OFWGKTA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They sound proper awesome, would love to see one of their gigs.

Ta for the linky btw aoln, I had "bastard" but didn't realise all their material was free.

Tyler is apparently being groomed by both Jay Z and p diddy, although I fear what their commercial ways would do to his music. That said, Jay Z left the The Roots to do their own thing.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Tyler is apparently being groomed by both Jay Z and p diddy, although I fear what their commercial ways would do to his music. That said, Jay Z left the The Roots to do their own thing.
That's terrible news, p diddy especially, his so called hip hop production makes me weep.

I think they're playing in London before the end of the month, I'd go but can't afford it, got to buy my Wu Tang ticket for June. Think they're doing reading/leeds too.

edit: yeah playing London Village Underground on the 29th of April

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Why?

Rap is like any other form of music in that it advocates violence, vandalism, sexism, arrogance as well as wealth and money over love and happiness. Rap is like any other form of music in that performers are not talented enough to say anything meaningful, or write poetic lyrics, so they will rap faster to get more words in and thus get their message across. Rap is like any other form of music in the fact that it is constantly derided by those who know what good music is. Rap is like any other form of music? I think not. And to call rap music is blasphemy. Music elevates humanity, rap degrades it.

That is the obvious opinion of a person who knows absolutely nothing about rap that you hear all the time, it's drivel and is picking out a small (but well covered by the media) part of rap (most famously gangsta rap) that yes was violent, coveted wealth (a lot of these guys were street hoods to start with) and had a very misogynistic view of women.

I don't understand why you always have to be so confrontational. Few guys in a thread talking about different artists in a musical genre they like. you dont like it, leave em to it, why do you always have to stir?

bainteor

Banned
That is the obvious opinion of a person who knows absolutely nothing about rap that you hear all the time, it's drivel and is picking out a small (but well covered by the media) part of rap (most famously gangsta rap) that yes was violent, coveted wealth (a lot of these guys were street hoods to start with) and had a very misogynistic view of women.

I don't understand why you always have to be so confrontational. Few guys in a thread talking about different artists in a musical genre they like. you dont like it, leave em to it, why do you always have to stir?

I agree with you. It was stupid of me to stir, and I've apologised :).

It all started when Public Enemy insulted Elvis in one of their songs :p.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
My mate went to Camden Crawl, he said OFWGKTA dominated the day. The pictures he has are amazing, they are proper mental. Massive stage rush and mosh pit at the end. So jealous :( I'm going to try and steal some of his pics and post them here.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
This is from my mate's facebook: Paul: Hodgie beats stage dived from on top of the speaker! I thought he was dead as no one caught him :)

MENTAL!

megadave

I am a FH squatter
my mate went as well, said it was the best live show he's ever seen, although he seems to say that a lot ;) and this "Invaded the stage at ODD FUTURE and shared my j with Left Brain. SWAG."

I'm downloading Goblin right now, you got it or want a link?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
pm'd you! i'm not into r&B myself but OFWGKTA's Frank Ocean seems to be getting a lot of attention as well lately

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
odd future, fuck yeah. Imma give massive rep (especially to that Earl track, eek!)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
also, found a pic of hodgy stage diving at that gig you were mentioning:

hodgy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom