emain= off limits

O

old.Leel

I don't see the problem. If you don't like the albs camping mmg in emain, then go somewhere else. There's usually a lot of action in odins. Going to sauvage is also a good idea. Guess we should make more fake relic raids too hehe.

O

old.krane

LMAO...

A spearo talking about evenly balanced battles....

LMAO...

5000 HPS and hes talking about balance...

one word....: B U L L S H I T

T

Tigerius

What Krane said. There are no even battles in this game. Our and your realm have been balanced with different populations in mind, ours as the big zerg with individual classes not capable of much and yours as the underdog with individuals holding up 3 on his own.

Asking us to give up our numbers is asking to take our way our only realm advantage. There are still some of us who do this because we enjoy the challenge, it's however not very wise and not very fair.

A

Arthwyr

Arthwyr: fucking twat

Did you enjoy me smacking you over the head with my shield at princess today, see thats what happens if you call ppl names. Now be a good boy next time and post in a more civilised manner.

K

Khefru

Originally posted by old.krane
LMAO...

A spearo talking about evenly balanced battles....

LMAO...

5000 HPS and hes talking about balance...

one word....: B U L L S H I T
hehe

5000 hp's? fully buffed with good druid buffs and warden buffs and once every 30 minites. You should see how fast those hp's go down when ganked by 5 albs.

Talk to me about balance when a minstrel can out tank me and get away every time without fail if I use IP or moose.

Talk to me about balance when a pole armsman can hit me for 500 and I hit them for 90 styled.

Talk to me about balance when mages can get hit by me, insta mezz or stun and drop me in 3 blasts.

bla, bla, bla. Swings and roundabouts m8. Be constructive with your posts and stop trying hide your lack of skills and imagination by justifying Zerging.

A

Arnor

Did you enjoy me smacking you over the head with my shield at princess today, see thats what happens if you call ppl names. Now be a good boy next time and post in a more civilised manner.

Checked the log, you didnt hit me :p

Good attack though, didnt see what was happening before it was too late.

Anyways, I withdraw all the cursing in my posts here, they were written in severe anger.

And where did you and your gang go? we went looking for ya, but ended up in a prince raid ^^

O

old.Icebreaker

This Game is made to fight in huge forces :)

It isn't Dark Age of Counterstrike ;)

-----------------------------
Icebreaker <Celtic Fist>

M

MiZzZerY

True, zerging do sux, zergings makes the game suck.
But there are fun fights, like in Odins a couple of days ago, we were a FG mids, against 12+ albs, i dunno what the albs were doing but we killed them all, i was the last one that died, and i died from a Isalf Forayer, after soloing 2 tanks with MoC :)
After only playing RvR in emain, and starting playing in Odin, i find RvR and DAoC more fun again, was thinking of quiting for a short time, after getting zerged 5 times in a row, its wrong that u have to move 2-3 fgs together to survive, its very wrong, and no-one can do a shit about it. ;/
Its just a fact, thats why i dont understand why ppl rather go to emain then Odins.
So mids, albs or hibs, come to Odins , and lets have phuuun ;)

E

emer Roma

Originally posted by old.Leel
I don't see the problem. If you don't like the albs camping mmg in emain, then go somewhere else. There's usually a lot of action in odins. Going to sauvage is also a good idea. Guess we should make more fake relic raids too hehe.

Agree 100%.

Nevertheless you can see 20-30 Mids on pad at Svas, heading to emain 20 times/day or more : they are the volunteers for free RPs and I think they get fun with this.
And really cannot understand why Albs should stop to kill em , to get easy RPs and to buy their RAs.
Let them go .

Emergency <Cutting Edge>

T

Tranquil-

Originally posted by Khefru
hehe

5000 hp's? fully buffed with good druid buffs and warden buffs and once every 30 minites. You should see how fast those hp's go down when ganked by 5 albs.

You're probably right, perhaps we'll need about 5 albs to take you down. Perhaps that's why we have the numbers, to be able to beat down a giant meatball.

Talk to me about balance when a minstrel can out tank me and get away every time without fail if I use IP or moose.

I wish there was a class called RR8 Minstrel so we could roll more of them. To replace our tanks. Heh.

Talk to me about balance when a pole armsman can hit me for 500 and I hit them for 90 styled.

Thrust vs Plate is bad, but of course with your skill and imagination you would know that. Strange that Heroes still survive while 4 Armsmen and his dog is stuck and beating on that Hero and he can still roam freely and hit on our ladies like the stag he is. He should be dead already by the overwhelming damage you present?

Talk to me about balance when mages can get hit by me, insta mezz or stun and drop me in 3 blasts.

I don't think a Hibernian is the right person to speak of caster imbalance. My opinion though.

bla, bla, bla. Swings and roundabouts m8. Be constructive with your posts and stop trying hide your lack of skills and imagination by justifying Zerging.

To be constructive means to also have your facts straight, I strongly suggest you scroll up and read about your own lack of skills and imagination since you so gently put it that way. Albion is the realm of numbers. That's why the abilities have been spread out. Too bad that we then need even more of the classes we lack because everyone should have one of them in group, right? Goodbye.

O

old.Odysseus

The kind of Zerging that I've witnessed by the Albs this last week has seriously altered my view on the lifespan of this game. Do u Albs honestly think that ppl will continue to come and feed your zerg easy rp's?

I dont know how seriously I can take that, seeing how often I have been travelling in 1FG only to be steamrollered by 4FG hibs+.

However, it was with immense pleasure I saw mids take the initiative yesterday and slap the albs at mmg - only to go camp amg. (After which the alb response was to build up a zerg and .... mmg).

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Arnor2
and maybe, just maybe someone who reads the thread goes: "Hey, zerg-mg-camping DOES suck" and stops ^^

...stops and lets the mids thru to... ...camp AMG perchance?

roffle it never ends :D

Best idea I've seen so far is the reverse walls so the ramparts are on the inside, so crazy it just might work (or at least make a change).

Personally I detest wallcamping on my main, my zergtoy fire wiz luvs it however! :p

E

Ensceptifica

Originally posted by Tranquil-
Albion is the realm of numbers. That's why the abilities have been spread out.
It is the realm of numbers because players made it that way, not because it was designed that way. I seriously doubt they designed for half of the people buying their game to go and play Albion.

The alb guilds who actually group 1-2fg to roam around on their own are a LOT tougher than the average flock of albs, and same for mids. But how can they put up a good fight with equal numbers when their classes are nerfed? I think it is because their classes are fine. They just took the effort to explore their own and others' capabilities and learned how to use it to their benefit, instead of being numbed by zerging.

V

Vasconcelos

Move to Odins.
Got yesterday the better fight i have ever had. My guild was on keep raid, we planned to take Bled n w8 for mids as we know they want DF almost all the time (hear this albs). We were 3 fg + 1f of 40-45 "low" levels. Found 3 fg of mids, of course they ganked us, but was a long battle n really funny. Released, returned n found more mids: more fun.

Nowadays:

- If you want rps go to emain - mmg

- If you want rvr fun go to Odins

- If you noticed ur albs fellows was just killed near Sauvage teleport get some m8s n try to rush the invaders: more fun again.

BTW, want to know which was the Mid guild which was on rvr raid at the sime time of us.

A

amphetamine

everyone zergs ive played alb and middy and ive been part of both zergs, and also been zerged ALOT by hibs.

Albion does indeed have the worst class distribution, although the sorc is a great class and i wish albion had more there is no doubt about skills distribution.

If you look at the PvP server you will notice most people are middy/hibby classes with the occasional alb.

Also the game is called Dark Age Of Camelot, camelot is in albion so will of course attract the new people, mythic obviosly predicted this and thus thinned the class specs out.

zerging happens, if you goto emain expect it, if you want 1-2fg v1-2fg then go elsewhere.

S

Stallion-

Let GOA or whos in charge of the accounts maybe put a limit on the realms, NO more ppl can join albs might be a solution in longer terms, or maybe they can go the hard way and random delete chars below 50 :))) and then have the limit for each realm :) would balance it out, might not be nice to the persons getting deleted but stil :))

Think the zerg is just a direkt result of the numbers, when you enter a zerg you might feel more safe for those none stealthers, maybe you feel granted to rps when u enter the zerg, sure ofc you get rps but how many? ^^

Well just my toughts, dont think the community can manage to balance the RvR, let GOA or some1 get it together, dunno if Hib will need a nerf hence they will get equal numbers or maybe unnerf albs? :)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Nol
it amazing how quickly people stop camping milegates if you port to their realm and start knocking over keeps.

doesn't work for albs for some reason...

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Zilly
Due to the Alb numbers and advantage of the battlements, MMG is practically impassable during peak times (and non-peak times) even when we wait for a couple of ports and build up our numbers. I guess we're not going to expect any sympathy and all is fair in war etc but let's not make comparisons with Mids camping AMG prior to the latest patch as no way have we been able to camp there on the same scale the Albs are currently maintaining.

And I curse you mage types upstairs in the room blasting out pbae spells on us below :)

bring a trebuchet :)

O

old.Odysseus

Due to the Alb numbers and advantage of the battlements, MMG is practically impassable during peak times (and non-peak times) even when we wait for a couple of ports and build up our numbers.

'This feature is working as intended.'

(intended by the albs)

D

Danya

Originally posted by Arnor2
Hahahahahaha, thats SO much bullshit in one line its hilarious

and speaking of your ra's, the first thing i thought of when I saw the description of SoS was: "Holy shit, albs will chase us down and pick us out of warp and kill us"

Not ONCE have that happened, its degraded into a get-away-free card for the minstrel, while it could be a great tool for a group
Why waste sos on that, normal speed song works fine for chasing. Bear in mind sos is 30 min timer, you don't need unbreakable speed to chase people, only to get away. :p

D

Danya

Originally posted by Khefru
Which mage would this be? As far as I know no mage has any insta CC and only hib mages get any form of stun. Also, since when did heros get three shotted by mages? Most mages have a job three shotting casters with resists how they are let alone heros.

O

old.Odysseus

I 3-4 shot casters.
I have stopped counting on moose-IP-heroes, its something around 50% pow i think, maybe more.

T

Treson

Originally posted by Tigerius
Our and your realm have been balanced with different populations in mind.

This must be the best comment ive ever heard. Even though ive seen it quite abit.. It still amazez me ..

O

Olgark

Can't wait for the buff bot nerfe. Where the buffs are made range dependant like the speed chants and bubble chants of other casters.

E

Ensceptifica

Originally posted by Stallion-
Let GOA or whos in charge of the accounts maybe put a limit on the realms, NO more ppl can join albs might be a solution in longer terms

But if someone buys the game expecting to play anything he likes and finds his favorite realm to be barred, he'll be greatly disappointed. I don't think this is a solution.

O

Olgark

They managed to do it on UO with the faction wars. If you logged on and it would unblalance the sides by a certain % you was instantly logged out again so you would have to use a different character that did not belong to a faction.

You could do the same for this as well. so it forced you out to play on a different server in a different realm.

O

old.chipper

you cant force ppl not to play a certain realm youre payin for this if youve got a lvl 50 char its not gonna be much fun not been able to play it anyway from someone who knows 2 sides of the storie

albs: albs never started the zergs mids did specifically nolby pride way back when,
alb got out of the habit of zerging for a while but now seem firmly entrenched in it again infact i wonder how many albs truly do know there way round there own frontiers goin from what i learnt when i was on alb it aint a right lot id say about 20-30% of albs really know there way around the frontier albs have a 46% server population thats nearly hib and mid put together

mid:i blame the mids for everything :p they started zerging but to be fair i think zerging springs from the times of beta when the fight was in emain all the time,
mids are good in a fight although they dont seem to cope partically well when slightly out numbered not often i seen mids beat hibs in a fg V fg

hibs: hibs have done there fair share of zerging i must admit i saw it when i was an alb infact they regulary owned amg this seems to have stopped now though never see more than 50 hibs in emain at a time. however hibs are quite organised once they get set up and fairly disciplnied think this is cos they have to think more about how ther gonna beat the odds same for mids i suppose too.
i hate goin emain for rvr its pointless u come across 1 fg kill em and another 3 come out of nowhere theres just no point its not worth the run id rather go odins or hadrians (although not many albs there cos they cant teleport there directly)

the way i see it is pvp is comin very soon and albion in particular is gonna take the biggest losses, that zerg force u have now will be half of what it is when pvp comes along and then alb is gonna struggle, not many hibs i know are goin pvp but loads of albs ive spoken to said there goin pvp, same for mid, i believe nolby pride and cutting edge are goin .
that i cant wait for, not to own in rvr winning all the time is boring as fuk one of the many reasons i quit alb theres no challenege albion beat everything they do and its not skill its rarely ever tactics its the 900+ ppl they have people say oh yeah if u defend a relic keep you can keep it, sorry 40 hibs/mids along with guards is no match for 150+ albs

someone said where are hibs they pickin flowers or summat well heres your answer no where tryin to have fun rvring in other realms cos running into 100 albs is no fun and albs you can blame whoever you want for zerging at end of day you are the ones who are makin the individual decision same goes for any realm u cant blame other people for zerging you do it cos you like to win its not revenge or pullin one over on another realm its merely complacency you got stuck in the same routine and it works well fair enough feel free to zerg emain thats your choice but im sure youre gonna start seeing less and less hibs and mids about cos there eventually just gonna say whats the fuking point and go lvl a alt or go on another realm.

S

Sortbane

Ick.. <skipping the whines, nerfs, ownzors etc. replies and goes back to topic> ;)

Just port to Odins, will do my best to be there most of the time to give you guys a cold welcome with my lovely Masterpiece sword crafted by Jimli, and this isn't a "stay out of midgard" reply, more like a "COME TO MIDGARD!" reply :) Love doing rvr in my own frontiers ;)

And to many other points in this thread that I'm not bothering to reply to.. hmm.. wonder why I even replied.. /em goes off somewhere else..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom