Games Elite: Dangerous

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
It's just tied to the email address and password you registered on their store site, hence why buying more than one copy on that account is a bit pointless at present. I guess they haven't really sorted out a 'gift' system yet as it's still very early in beta.

What did their support say when you contacted them?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's just tied to the email address and password you registered on their store site, hence why buying more than one copy on that account is a bit pointless at present. I guess they haven't really sorted out a 'gift' system yet as it's still very early in beta.

What did their support say when you contacted them?

They were very prompt and have refunded me 1 copy so I can set him up on his own pc now - thanks for your response though old bean!

Athan

Resident Freddy
Just contact FD customer support, I'm sure they'll sort it out for you. Might want to create him his own account ahead of time ready to receive it to make their job simpler. If needs be PM Ashley on the FD forums -> http://forums.frontier.co.uk/member.php?u=15645

Edit: Jupitus did this before I could finish the post :p .

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Thanks Athan - it was actually Ashley who emailed me - gonna set him up in a few minutes :)

Athan

Resident Freddy
Newsletter #28 is out: http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=dcbf6b86b4b0c7d1c21b73b1e&id=09a3391149

Premium Beta 2 will be released on Tuesday 24th June (i.e. next week), including 3 new star systems and an extra mid-range cargo ship. There's a soft-reset happening, all players will lose their progress, but be gifted credits of approximately the same value so they can immediately buy back their ship etc if they so choose.

Also, sale of the Premium Beta is coming to an end:

The Premium Beta includes a lifetime Expansion Pack, which was created to reward our early backers with a lifetime access to all future expansions of the game. You can still order it here.

For customers who have pre-ordered the Beta or the final game this is available now to buy in the store. Those who wish to upgrade can do so from a pre-order of the Standard Beta, or from the Final Game. The Premium Beta will remain available until 15th July but will then be no longer available.

If you have already pre-ordered the standard Beta and the lifetime Expansion Pack, you only need spend an additional £15 to join the Premium Beta phase and start playing Elite: Dangerous today.

I wonder if this says anything about when Standard Beta will start ?

Athan

Resident Freddy
Premium Beta 2 (not Standard Beta) is now live, with a whooooooooooooole lot of fixes/tweaks:

http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=22812

also 3 more systems, 1 new type of space station and 1 new ship the 'Hauler', 16 cargo, one weapon mount.

Servers are a little unstable right now though. Shame because they did seem to have made the instances more stable and reliable other than this new issue.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Really can't wait but £100 is a bit steep for me at the moment, I fully understand their reasons for doing it though.

Athan

Resident Freddy
Newsletter #29 is out: http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=dcbf6b86b4b0c7d1c21b73b1e&id=1824c0b05a

The big news is a release date for Standard Beta (now just being called plain 'Beta'), 29th July 2014.

Also note that it will no longer be possible to buy the Expansion Pass after this date.

And:
Over the next few weeks we will be outlining the fantastic new features and content that we will add to the Beta – it’s a huge release, so ‘watch this space’ for more information.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Love this game but am shit at it, bought a ThrustMaster HOTAS to test the waters, looking forward to the full game.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm in and playing too, @Deebs - great so far :)

Athan

Resident Freddy
So, I guess we'll be forming a Freddyshouse Group/Alliance once that functionality is in then ?

I'm up to a Cobra Mk III with a gradually improving weapon set and about 280k credits in hand :D . We'll see what I decide to do before July 29th now, maybe trade up to a Lakon Type-9, which I guess would then make it easy to get the Anaconda... but trading can get awfully boring after a while (and the economy is already flattening again after the 2.00 reset).

The new Hauler they added really did help with making the money mind. Definitely upgrade to one if you make it to ~90k credits (enough to buy it, have 2x insurance excess fee on hand, and buy 5 lots of a 6k cr cargo, hint hint). Once you have that humming along it won't be long before you have the money to trade up to a Cobra Mk III :) .

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
:( I'm still jobbing between systems with my free sidewinder...

Zarjazz

The latest beta update is a really nice improvement. Almost no lag for me now and only a single CTD since Beta 2.02. That new station is also pretty nice to look at :) [Also damn good for trading, gone from 20k to 95k in about 5 hours selling various medicines from there.]

ScreenShot_2014-06-27_23-51-29.png

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
ooh want this game soooo much :D

Athan

Resident Freddy
It seems that "Standard" Beta backers now have access to the single player scenarios:

Michael Brookes said:
Hi all,

the single player combat build is now available for standard beta backers to get ready for the Beta 1 erlease due on July 29th. To access log in to your store account and download the launcher from the 'My Downloadable Products' page.

Michael

Edit: Also, Lavecon happened this past weekend, and there was an interesting Q&A (if you no longer see "Live From Lavecon Episode 1 - Frontier Q&A" listed on the front page then check the archive.

Athan

Resident Freddy
Oops, missed posting the latest newsletter thingy: http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=dcbf6b86b4b0c7d1c21b73b1e&id=ecf2198bb5

Main thing revealed for Standard Beta is fuel mechanics. They look like they'll impact greatly on what trade routes are profitable, given you'll need to take jump distance into account (and remember multiple shorter jumps can use less fuel than the same-distance one-hop jump) and if they make each commodity have its own mass per cargo unit then that'll add even more variability.

Athan

Resident Freddy
Newsletter 32 is out. It's a little light on new clearly stated info about what will be in Beta 1, but there's a hint or two in there.

One is that some form of missions system will be in:
Starting in Beta 1, we will add similar online systems for our missions, which allows you to begin to blaze your own trail in the galaxy yet also have an influence on the overall galaxy-wide environment for all players.

Other than that it's mostly a big PR push on the Expansion Pass and what the expansions will include; e.g. walking around ships, ship boarding, planetary landings.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
This is like a single player but with joinable coop right? or some sort of dark souls style thing for pvp?

Could someone clarify please :)

Athan

Resident Freddy
It's single-server MMO with heavy instancing (currently instances are limited to 8 ships/players, plan is to raise that though).

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Oh so like a really shitty korean f2p mmo.

Zarjazz

Oh so like a really shitty korean f2p mmo.

What Athan said is true only if you play the Multiplayer mode, which in beta is the only option. IIRC on actual release the options are:
  • Single Player: offline, static galaxy.
  • Single Player: online, dynamic galaxy affected by other players, e.g. commodity pricing, events etc, but you will only meet NPC ships.
  • Multiplayer: as above but some of the ships you meet could be other players. Given the size of space you'll be very lucky to meet other humans except at the congestion points around the core worlds. Space stations, mining locations etc
Multiplayer will actually be two modes. There's a single life hardcore option where you'll only meet other hardcore players (dedicated shards I'd guess). Die in that mode and you're finished but you do have the option to carry on in the normal multiplayer shards if you wish.

Athan

Resident Freddy
Indeed a lot of us see the MP aspect of ED as more of a co-operative thing, rather than a confrontational PvP mechanic.

I'm definitely going to run one commander along with the First Great Expedition guys, so we'll be highly unlikely to encounter hostile players once we've gotten going.

Athan

Resident Freddy
Newsletter 33 is out, the final one before 'Standard' Beta starts on Tuesday. Not too much more in this feature-wise for what will be in Beta 1.00. Just the announcement of the first availability of skins for ships, which, yes, will be micro-transaction based.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Just back of hols and downloading this now. Also have the Saitek X52 ordered hopefully get it tomorrow. So looking forward to playing this

PS28.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom