Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
He was 18 and professionally playing cricket at the time?
Haven't been following it :)

So, he was a twat at 18. I think a lot of people are. You've really only just left your parent's influence and started to properly grow on your own. (It's why I think Uni is more important than just what you learn).

But meh. :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Haven't been following it :)

So, he was a twat at 18. I think a lot of people are. You've really only just left your parent's influence and started to properly grow on your own. (It's why I think Uni is more important than just what you learn).

But meh. :)

So you're saying that only university educated people understand the difference between right and wrong?

Huh?

Look, it was a stupid thing to do at the time, he knew that then, he knows that now, does that mean he should be punished? Possibly, but not severely, the best thing that he could possibly do is work (Yes, work, not pay) with a charity that combats racism in sport.

For me, the story isn't even about him anymore, it's about Boris Johnson giving himself the title of 'Least racist Government ever in the world' and then thinking that allows him to say when things are acceptable or not.

He should keep his head out and let bodies who deal with this shit on a daily basis, well, deal with it.

Boris has fucked him and fucked the Cricket board, if they let him off it's because Boris told them to, but I think they're more likely to make an example BECAUSE Boris got his head in.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I agree with everything you said gwad but this:
So you're saying that only university educated people understand the difference between right and wrong?

Huh?
Nope. Not that at all. Just that he was young and dumb.

Agree with your charitable remarks.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Labour 622 votes, down from 7,166. Tell me again how it's all Corbyns fault.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Tactical voting? Labour were never going to win there so why not.

Sounds to me like the Lib Dems just worked really hard. If Labour lose Batley & Spen as well (which sounds likely), it all starts to look rather desperate.

Labour lost Hartlepool to the Tories despite it being notoriously difficult for long term governments to win by-elections, they're likely to lose Batley & Spen to them as well, and the Lib Dems have won the other by-election with something like a 50 point swing, and the Labour candidate barely got their deposit back. Imo it's too easy to say "Labour weren't going to win any of them". Why not? I don't see how Starmers position is tenable. Get Andy Burnham in some how.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I always thought Burnham was a smug little prick. But he's growing on me a lot.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I always thought Burnham was a smug little prick. But he's growing on me a lot.

Burnham to me seems like the only 'public' senior figure in the party who can appeal to both sides of the party. Trouble is he is not an MP anymore.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Sounds to me like the Lib Dems just worked really hard. If Labour lose Batley & Spen as well (which sounds likely), it all starts to look rather desperate.

Labour lost Hartlepool to the Tories despite it being notoriously difficult for long term governments to win by-elections, they're likely to lose Batley & Spen to them as well, and the Lib Dems have won the other by-election with something like a 50 point swing, and the Labour candidate barely got their deposit back. Imo it's too easy to say "Labour weren't going to win any of them". Why not? I don't see how Starmers position is tenable. Get Andy Burnham in some how.
Maybe Chesham is a remainer area :)

Gwadien

More like who cares, I'm not sure anyone will particularly thinks he is much of a benefit....except himself.

Probably the most popular person in UK politics in the past 10 years or so.

Obviously you won't agree because he's a remainer :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Probably the most popular person in UK politics in the past 10 years or so.

Obviously you won't agree because he's a remainer :)
Popularity amongst millenials is highest for some reason. But popularity isn't a measure of anything good:

*cough*Farage*cough*

Gwadien

Popularity amongst millenials is highest for some reason. But popularity isn't a measure of anything good:

*cough*Farage*cough*

Apart from he's popular due to his actions as Speaker and his handling if the House of Commons.

So yeah, completely different.

The people ones who disliked him are the ones that didn't like our democratic system, because that's all he was up holding.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Apart from he's popular due to his actions as Speaker and his handling if the House of Commons.
Amongst millenials, who also love Labour, and Remainers, because of his percieved actions.

Like I said - popularity isn't a particularly useful measure. And it doesn't help Labour at all because those who dislike labour and like brexit dislike him.

So no change or worse, bad press for Labour.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The people ones who disliked him are the ones that didn't like our democratic system, because that's all he was up holding.

You mean the system he made sure he got the most out of while speaker of the house, how quick some people are to forget the level of criticism he got on his expenses including by some of those he seemingly revere him now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom