• Brexit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Bercow did a lot of good but was also not a particularly good person either... He was a bully and he played the system however he gave back-benchers a voice in parliament and ensured a level of fairness during debate which can only be a good thing. Bercow is probably not as corrupt as some of the Tory party running the country today... However, I do not think Bercow should return to politics far to messy and will not do the party that take him in any favours.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
The one positive about it is that he doesn't appear to be enamoured with Starmer.

Embattle

FH is my second home
You would struggle to find someone who is probably worse for the NHS.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
If she gets the gig then the NHS is finished.

Stupid people still vote Tory though, so what can you do.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
If she gets the gig then the NHS is finished.

Stupid people still vote Tory though, so what can you do.
There'll be an interview with a couple of blokes in Hartlepool afterwords where they say they are voting Tory because Labour killed the NHS :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Look. We know it's Corbyn's fault. Stop pussyfooting around the issue.

Vote Tory.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Look. We know it's Corbyn's fault. Stop pussyfooting around the issue.

Vote Tory.

No we know Labour are having their own internal fight and can't seriously provide any real opposition, even with a clown like Boris.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
A Tory MP who’s a member of a group that advocates scrapping the NHS no less.

That's not quite true though. 1828 have never advocated scrapping the NHS afaik, only suggested that we as a developed nation perhaps shouldn't be fully reliant on public healthcare and perhaps a hybrid model of universal healthcare with more private influence like the Germans have is the way to go. Pretty much the way we are going anyway.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No we know Labour are having their own internal fight and can't seriously provide any real opposition, even with a clown like Boris.

Still voting for the Tories is knowingly voting for a bunch of wankers who plainly want to dismantle the NHS.

You can bemoan Labour's incompetence all you like - but people still voting Tory know who and what they're voting for - so that's 100% on them, not on labour.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
That's not quite true though. 1828 have never advocated scrapping the NHS afaik, only suggested that we as a developed nation perhaps shouldn't be fully reliant on public healthcare and perhaps a hybrid model of universal healthcare with more private influence like the Germans have is the way to go. Pretty much the way we are going anyway.

Really? Really? Are you even going to try to defend these nose-in-the-trough, sell their own granny for spare parts shysters? After everything you've seen over the last 18 months? They want to privatise the NHS to make money for themselves and their mates, and that's it. All the other justifications are just window dressing.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Really? Really? Are you even going to try to defend these nose-in-the-trough, sell their own granny for spare parts shysters? After everything you've seen over the last 18 months? They want to privatise the NHS to make money for themselves and their mates, and that's it. All the other justifications are just window dressing.

Not defending or justifying it. It's a reality that needs to be spelled out. If the government aren't going to give the NHS the funding it needs, what is the other option? Leaving it to rot?

Obviously the best choice is proper NHS funding - but how realistic is that?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Obviously the best choice is proper NHS funding - but how realistic is that?
Whilst people vote tory, not very.

But the "realism" you're failing to convey in your post is that they're lying.

Edit: And you're also conveying that you're falling for it with your spectacularly naive "1828 have never advocated scrapping the NHS afaik" sentence.

Of course they never advocate scrapping the NHS, ffs.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Whilst people vote tory, not very.

But the "realism" you're failing to convey in your post is that they're lying.

Edit: And you're also conveying that you're falling for it with your spectacularly naive "1828 have never advocated scrapping the NHS afaik" sentence.

Of course they never advocate scrapping the NHS, ffs.

I'm not a tory voter, I'll never be a tory voter. But the fact is that if Labour remain the fucking shambles they are, the Tories are not going anywhere for a long long time, because the general population are fucking idiots. Therefore, there is going to be some very difficult conversations about the future of the NHS coming up, and ideas like 1828s are much more preferable to a US style healthcare system. Say what you like about me "falling for it", as far as I'm concerned I'm just being a realist, because it's becoming clearer and clearer that the best option, and my preferred option, is obviously not going to happen.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
ideas like 1828s are just a step down a long road to fully dismantling the NHS and going private in a manner that makes voters feel like they're being pragmatic or 'realistic' so the Tories can carry on without voters kicking off
FTFY

A feeling of hopelessness and not getting what you want are weapons too.

Not funding the NHS is a choice. Pure and simple.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Different voting.
Yeah right - and are you out there campaigning for people to change their minds? If not, then just get on board with the reality of the situation rather than telling people they're wrong and naive.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Yeah right - and are you out there campaigning for people to change their minds? If not, then just get on board with the reality of the situation rather than telling people they're wrong and naive.

I don't even live there any more and have basically assumed you're all doomed anyway, but, what you're basically advocating is "the Tories are the only party of government, let's make the best of a bad job". For me, the only solution would be to leave the country in that situation, and I've already done that.

I feel really sorry for you all, but if I was there, right now I would vote for anyone but Tory. Literally anyone, because "actively evil and incompetent" shouldn't be anyone's idea of "best of a bad job".

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I don't even live there any more and have basically assumed you're all doomed anyway, but, what you're basically advocating is "the Tories are the only party of government, let's make the best of a bad job". For me, the only solution would be to leave the country in that situation, and I've already done that.

I feel really sorry for you all, but if I was there, right now I would vote for anyone but Tory. Literally anyone, because "actively evil and incompetent" shouldn't be anyone's idea of "best of a bad job".
I'm with you. Like i've said - i'm not a Tory voter. There doesn't seem to be a viable alternative for the masses. It really is all doom & gloom at the moment.

I've moved abroad before and loved it, but ended up coming back due to the housing situation in Denmark. The wife & I did discuss giving it another go due to the situation here, but now due to brexit we weren't really sure how viable it is. Thought about Galway quite a lot, especially with remote working a possibility. The wife likes London a bit too much though.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yep. You made the point about Stockholme Syndrome and I agree with it.

Continuing to vote tory is an act of self-harm.

Of course - people are still blaming Labour - but they *know* the Tories are actively evil and incompetent but won't even give someone else a chance to fail.

The english are properly fucked up.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I disagree. I think there's a mental break somewhere.
I don't think there is much to analyse. The Tories seem to be really good at spin and making people believe the shite they come out with, where as other parties aren't.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I always find people willing to listen if you call a large % of the population fucking idiots all the time.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
What other name would you give someone that is grateful to be fucked by government?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom