• Brexit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Embattle

FH is my second home
I dislike party switching unless you do so with another election, no matter the direction.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
It's a bit of a cunt move from Wakeford. He won Bury South with a 400 majority. People who know him say he's a dyed in the wool blue. Clearly knows he won't win his seat as a Tory candidate so has gone across to Labour. If he wanted to make a better point he should've just gone Indy.

Embattle

FH is my second home
What is it that pisses you off?

You stand on a platform as yourself and also as part of a party to then junk that to move to the opposition is somewhat undemocratic imo, voters shouldn't feel robbed of their choice.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
You stand on a platform as yourself and also as part of a party to then junk that to move to the opposition is somewhat undemocratic imo, voters shouldn't feel robbed of their choice.

I mean, you could just as easily say that MPs that don't switch side, but also don't support their Government are somewhat undemocratic too...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I mean, you could just as easily say that MPs that don't switch side, but also don't support their Government are somewhat undemocratic too...
Yep.

That's why we vote for a leader. One who's aligned himself to a party, but we vote for the leader.

If that leader decides the party has deviated from his principles, he's free to change party. And as a leader - that's who we follow. That's the point of leading and having leaders.

If we no longer like that leader, then we get the opportunity at the next election to un-follow.

I think this is the correct way.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
You don't vote for a leader, you vote for a representative.

Gwadien

Plus Labour going from Corbyn back to Tory-lite is bound to attract lots of Tories, especially such close seats as this one.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Out curiosity how does recalls work in these cases, i was under the impression the local party would do the recall but wouldn't this kind of switcheroo be a way to avoid a recall?

Gwadien

Out curiosity how does recalls work in these cases, i was under the impression the local party would do the recall but wouldn't this kind of switcheroo be a way to avoid a recall?

I think unless they leave the position then there's nothing they can do, even if they become independent through their choice or being sacked.

The only people (I think) who can call for an election are the people in the constituency and I think they need 10% of the people to want a vote before it happens.

I think.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
IIRC the Labour candidate who stood for that seat in 2009 was a left-winger. I can't see the Labour Party deselecting this guy at the next election, can you?

Also importantly, Bury South contains Prestwich, which has a very high Jewish population. That's definitely something they'll have to keep in mind at the next election as it's very likely the reason they lost the seat.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Hmm, I actually got a response from my MP, a load of bollocks but a response nonetheless.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

Not really, not in our system. Your vote is meant to be for who you want to run your local area, not the country.

Everyone completely disregarding the fact that the bloke has done this for one reason only - so he doesn't lose his seat. He is still a full on Tory. If he wanted to leave the party fine, but he shouldn't have crossed over.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Also importantly, Bury South contains Prestwich, which has a very high Jewish population. That's definitely something they'll have to keep in mind at the next election as it's very likely the reason they lost the seat.

It's probably because that nobhead Owen Jones went there to try and whip up support. Also Bury South had only been Labour since '97, before which it was Tory since it's creation, so hardly a "stronghold" seat for Labour, no matter what the PM said in PMQs.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Everyone completely disregarding the fact that the bloke has done this for one reason only - so he doesn't lose his seat.
Why do you say that.

We're a long time from a GE. He's safe for a while in his seat. Could it not be because BoJo is a massive cunt?

He may well be being opportunistic - but it's not exactly a coincidence it's happening now is it. It may even have been some Tories put him up to it. But without BoJo being a cunt why would he have done a thing?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Why do you say that.

We're a long time from a GE. He's safe for a while in his seat. Could it not be because BoJo is a massive cunt?

He may well be being opportunistic - but it's not exactly a coincidence it's happening now is it. It may even have been some Tories put him up to it. But without BoJo being a cunt why would he have done a thing?

Because if that was the case he wouldn't have crossed the house, he would've gone independent - a la Ken Clarke et al. in 2019 when they were very clear about the fact they were leaving the party because the PM is a massive cunt.

There are two reasons to cross the house - you've either all of a sudden had a massive change in political ideology, or you want to give yourself a chance of keeping your seat when the shit hits the fan when there is inevitably another election after the PM is ousted.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Hmm, I actually got a response from my MP, a load of bollocks but a response nonetheless.

You expected more?

The local school on my road was shut down by the Academy that runs it. Many parents (some being lawyers and someone in tv news media ) contacted and made a compelling case to Sir Bob Neill (spit).
Even managed to get a face to face with the bastard. He pretty much shat on any ideas/solutions and it became pretty clear he had rubber stamped the closure and was not interested in doing anything at all.
He even had the audacity to indicate it was all some conspiracy theory to make it sound the parent group were a bunch of looneys.

So writing to your MP is a complete and utter waste of time. Especially if they have been in that role for a lifetime with no chance of ever being voted out. Purely corrupt.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah, it's Andrea Leadsom, 27k majority. She literally doesn't give a fuck.

The trouble is, she is MP for a pretty affluent area, lots of villages, lots of rich folk. Lots of "working class" too who mostly don't know/care there is an election on in the first place.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
What a surprise, said nobody.

The lying sack of shit needs to get in the sea.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
They're talking about the replacement for the secondary school I went to, which was closed about eight years back. Since then, Radcliffe has had no secondary school (it used to have two, and a technical school too). Kids around the town have to travel a minimum of 1.5 miles to schools in the surrounding towns, for some they have to go 3 miles, it's too far to walk so it's either bus or get driven there. The town is in a valley and is the only crossing point of a large river for several miles, so traffic is bad enough as it is.

God knows why they shut the school. But they shut it anyway. The place has been crying out for a new school for years, everyone in Radcliffe knows it, so if this is true say goodbye to the Tory vote in Radcliffe.

Gwadien

They're talking about the replacement for the secondary school I went to, which was closed about eight years back. Since then, Radcliffe has had no secondary school (it used to have two, and a technical school too). Kids around the town have to travel a minimum of 1.5 miles to schools in the surrounding towns, for some they have to go 3 miles, it's too far to walk so it's either bus or get driven there. The town is in a valley and is the only crossing point of a large river for several miles, so traffic is bad enough as it is.

God knows why they shut the school. But they shut it anyway. The place has been crying out for a new school for years, everyone in Radcliffe knows it, so if this is true say goodbye to the Tory vote in Radcliffe.

Schools are being shut everywhere, the schools that are having new buildings built are usually smaller than the building that they replaced.

I'm not sure why, but the prediction is that the population is going to decline, so they're building schools designed to meet that forecast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom