Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
There will be mass, civil disobedience before the year is out.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
There will be mass, civil disobedience before the year is out.
There needs to be. It needs to be violent and prolonged. We need to be more French. How are people not incredibly angry?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
There needs to be. It needs to be violent and prolonged. We need to be more French. How are people not incredibly angry?
We've been conditioned over decades into thinking that regulating markets to help people is marxism and woke.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Subdued underclass, distracted working class, appeased middle class and a laughing upper class.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yep, but that subjugation, at least financially, is starting to bite the middle classes. Few are escaping. "life tax" utility bills, accommodation costs, food costs, fuel, are going through the roof. People have less or no money to spend, less freedom.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Postmen are going on strike on the 26th...they got offered a massive £500 bonus, that would just get swallowed by the gas man anyway.

Trem

Postmen are going on strike on the 26th...they got offered a massive £500 bonus, that would just get swallowed by the gas man anyway.
That's fine, at least the bankers had an above inflation pay rise. It seems there is money available just not for working class.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That's fine, at least the bankers had an above inflation pay rise. It seems there is money available just not for working class.
We're letting people go. Some banks in UAE got them across the board.

It's a question of in-demand skills tbh - attrition is running at about 30% in our tech teams - they can walk into new jobs at 25% pay rise.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I got 9% with a slight promotion, have done most years for the last 10 years or so, but can't see myself getting much next year, staying at the same place. But I like working there... 7 minutes by car, 20 by bike.

Trem

We're letting people go. Some banks in UAE got them across the board.

It's a question of in-demand skills tbh - attrition is running at about 30% in our tech teams - they can walk into new jobs at 25% pay rise.
But the little people are being told that pay rises will increase inflation. That's my point.

I'm fine with pay rises just not the bullshit that stops companies/government giving them.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Pay rises for poor people keep the economy moving and prevent misery.

Tax cuts for rich people just allow them to push up house prices and buy Twitters.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
But the little people are being told that pay rises will increase inflation. That's my point.

I'm fine with pay rises just not the bullshit that stops companies/government giving them.
It's true - pay rises will increase inflation. It's also why the BoE has increased interest - it takes money off loan-holders and therefore they have less to spend. Having less available cash in the population is exactly the mechanism they're using to cool down the economy.

However, people with in-demand skills will walk into another job at 25% increase - so they're getting pay rises. Companies don't want to turn around to people and say "you should have studied harder" and "it sucks to be you". The government can't replace nurses and the like so easily, but it's a vocation - so they get fucked over because of that.

It sucks balls all around. Profitteering is rife - it always is (that's the whole point of capitalism - bent as a nine bob note) but right now it's easy to see.

If you start talking about systemic change though you're fucked. The system has captured 99.9% of the minds of the entire population. You start talking about fucking around with a system that's literally designed to rob the masses and the masses will turn against you - in part because they're so close to the breadline that they're terrified that they could potentially be worse off.

To be honest - if you talk systemic change on this forum you get shat on, so, frankly, meh.

Trem

It's true - pay rises will increase inflation. It's also why the BoE has increased interest - it takes money off loan-holders and therefore they have less to spend. Having less available cash in the population is exactly the mechanism they're using to cool down the economy.

However, people with in-demand skills will walk into another job at 25% increase - so they're getting pay rises. Companies don't want to turn around to people and say "you should have studied harder" and "it sucks to be you". The government can't replace nurses and the like so easily, but it's a vocation - so they get fucked over because of that.

It sucks balls all around. Profitteering is rife - it always is (that's the whole point of capitalism - bent as a nine bob note) but right now it's easy to see.

If you start talking about systemic change though you're fucked. The system has captured 99.9% of the minds of the entire population. You start talking about fucking around with a system that's literally designed to rob the masses and the masses will turn against you - in part because they're so close to the breadline that they're terrified that they could potentially be worse off.

To be honest - if you talk systemic change on this forum you get shat on, so, frankly, meh.
My reply will be shorter.

Wage rises raise inflation but obscene profits don't?

My problem is the language around it all. Dave the postie can't have a rise but Shell can make 9bn with tax breaks on top? Fine, don't give pay rises but also stop the profiteering. But only one of those two things will happen.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Wage rises raise inflation but obscene profits don't?
Available cash is the issue - if you've got shit to spend then you'll pay over the odds on <stuff>. If you've no money to spend then corporations can't charge as much.

Right now they're profiteering to shit - which, of course, increases prices. But short of asking all companies nicely not to do exactly what they're designed to do there's no mechanism to force them to stop.

My problem is the language around it all. Dave the postie can't have a rise but Shell can make 9bn with tax breaks on top? Fine, don't give pay rises but also stop the profiteering. But only one of those two things will happen.
Systemic change m8. But we won't go for it. Because we're a whipped slave race.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
A change in the law to say "if you don't stop tipping turds into rivers within a certain time frame, we'll take your franchise off you and nationalise it" would have solved this decades ago.

Other countries manage to separate the two.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I keep hearing how much it'll cost to take the companies back into public ownership but that is BS, you just set hard targets for a sector that never should of been private since there is no possibility of competition.

The assorted regulators have just been utterly shit.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It wouldn’t take any money to bring them back into public ownership if you just pass a law to do it.

Embattle

FH is my second home

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom