News Egyption and Yemeni riots

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'm not jumping up and down for joy until I see what kind of governments take over in all these countries.

tierk

Part of the furniture
I'm not jumping up and down for joy until I see what kind of governments take over in all these countries.

Just like the the way this whole thing is panning out be ready for unexpected. So far everyone of the movements have been secular, in the sense that no-one of them has a Islamic face to it.

Yet i cant help feeling that this is the way it will go. If it is elected democratically and is a real representation of what the people want in these countries, great. If it is enforced and i do not think it will be, then things can and will get ugly pronto.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Plus what they think they want and what they actually want may be two very different things. Iran is a good example, they wanted change, they got a bunch of jackasses.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Plus what they think they want and what they actually want may be two very different things. Iran is a good example, they wanted change, they got a bunch of jackasses.

Nope they got what they wanted. Now they are regretting it, well some of them are at least but a big chunk of them still happy with what they have.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
some seriously scary reports coming out of Libya, seems to be turning into a full scale civil war

according to the Beeb;
anti government protestors have seized the eastern cities with help from troops that have defected from the army

the air force has begun bombarding the cities, to the point where even Libyas own diplomats to UN are asking them to send in a peacekeeping force

i dont think a UN peacekeeping force would help much to be honest, would most likely be seen as "outside intervention" unless it was specifically not made up of any "western" troops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom