News Egyption and Yemeni riots

Ormorof

FH is my second home

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Isn't it eye for an eye? A bullet afterall IS minerals like rock, just a bit more dense and thrown by a mechanical sidekick :p

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I love saying yemini really fast over and over again... yeminiyeminiyemini hehe

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Rocks kill too, it'll learn the plebs not to throw stones. :p

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Isn't it eye for an eye? A bullet afterall IS minerals like rock, just a bit more dense and thrown by a mechanical sidekick :p
how about not being a stupid **** for atleast one thread

26 protesters have died in just a few days, they have every right to protest, their country is ruined and their government deserves every rock thrown

tierk

Part of the furniture
Regime Change Regime Change Regime Change Regime Change Regime Change Regime Change Regime Change Regime Change Regime Change Regime Change Regime Change Regime Change Regime Change Regime Change..........

NoooOOooooooo not in Egypt ffs they are our friends!!! :lol:

Helme

Resident Freddy
Just hope a democratic regime takes power and not an islamic.
If an Islamic regime takes hold without outside influence(I'm thinking the US here, they have a history of thwarting democracy in favour of dictator states) isn't that what the people of Egypt then want? I mean democracy is a fine idea but it might not be what they want. Ultimately, it's going to be a change for the better no matter what. Leaders are going to be scared of the majority of the population there for quite some time, as it should be.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
To be fair Toht, it is a very serious situation. The outcome of this situation will impact the entire middle east for decades to come.

Yeah, but if we look at the place this is posted, it's not like i even crossed a line before the three lines crossed already :p

tierk

Part of the furniture
Just hope a democratic regime takes power and not an islamic.

I love it when i read comments like this one. So when a country votes, in a democratic and free election for an Islamic Party of Government, it is some how undemocratic?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
hehe true, kinda double standards i guess, you may have democracy, as long as you agree with us, otherwise its not democracy :p

(but hasnt that been US policy for decades?)

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Opposition is trying to organise a general strike today and to get a million people on the streets today so I don't think we'll see an end to this soon. And tanks on the street is never a good sign.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
depends on who they are protecting, reports on BBC suggest the army is stopping policemen from looting and burning (in an apparent attempt to scare people into going back to their homes and away from protests), so we'll see, if the army starts killing people then it may become a disaster

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
There does seem to be a level of understanding between the army and the people. It's Mubarak and the police who they are trying to get rid of.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Opposition is trying to organise a general strike today and to get a million people on the streets today so I don't think we'll see an end to this soon. And tanks on the street is never a good sign.
There's nothing more democratic than a country's society rising up against a perceived threat to their future. If a significant majority of society are against a government to the point where they're prepared to protest, no number of police or soldiers can prevail purely by force of arms. Someone has to back down, and my money is on it being the guy in charge as he is the one with ultimate responsibility for a lack of positive action.

Companies fire their CEO if something goes spectacularly wrong for the shareholders.
Countries fire their Head of State if something goes spectacularly wrong for the public.
Different organisations. Similar outcomes.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
the question then is, does he get a "Golden Handshake" or a swift kick up the behind as he flees to Saudi Arabia/Monaco/France/wherever

Chronictank

FH is my second home
There does seem to be a level of understanding between the army and the people. It's Mubarak and the police who they are trying to get rid of.

The army has said they are going to be neutral and just maintain order, its whether Mubarak gets desperate (or gets told by the yanks) to kick something off

Atm he just seems to be trying to starve out the protesters into giving up

the question then is, does he get a "Golden Handshake" or a swift kick up the behind as he flees to Saudi Arabia/Monaco/France/wherever
He will probably go to America (or Saud by proxy but their are tyring to stay WELL clear of this out of fear of it happening on their turf too), they have been propping him up for years

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
If Egypt fall on radical islamists hands, a war agaisnt Israel will be imminent. AND USA will be forced to join its ally on that war and EUrope will probably follow up. Very serious consequnces for ALL the world are at stand on Egypt atm.

tierk

Part of the furniture
If Egypt fall on radical islamists hands, a war agaisnt Israel will be imminent. AND USA will be forced to join its ally on that war and EUrope will probably follow up. Very serious consequnces for ALL the world are at stand on Egypt atm.

DooOooooooom!!!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
the problem with islamic governments in general is that they are religious. They don't tend to be too democratic once in power

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
DooOooooooom!!!

well yes, pretty much. With Lebannon going under Hizbullah control effectively as well, the last thing the region needs is a more islamic regime taking over in Egypt.

Helme

Resident Freddy
the problem with islamic governments in general is that they are religious. They don't tend to be too democratic once in power
Neither does democratic governments, after the election nothing is really democratic any more unless they call for a folk vote(which they always ignore).

Ormorof

FH is my second home
or they do like the Irish government, keep forcing people to vote again and again until they make the decision the government want :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
potentially about to go to shit, violence in the square, reports that pro-Mubarak supporters on horseback and camels have charged protesters with whips and sticks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom