Edward Snowden....what do you think?

Ju[iaN

Banned
nothing as you like, but it is an electroshock and as Scouse said, now we're more accurate, deal with it if you can change it, be the change ...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Interesting and quite surprising use of logic from a judge re: snowden.

It's an article about Guantanamo trials and surveillance btw.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The more shit that comes out the more stupid America looks for trying to persecute Edward Snowden. He is simply reporting criminals for carrying out crimes. He should be rewarded.

The US government appear to be complete mongs.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
These fukers are literaly tapping the entire world..but still Bin Laden hid in ahouse for ten years

rynnor

Rockhound
These fukers are literaly tapping the entire world..but still Bin Laden hid in ahouse for ten years

It's more about snooping on normal citizens than anti-terror - that's just the excuse they use to deflect criticism.

Chilly

Balls of steel
The problem is that he didn't just steal/publish the big stuff that was kind of known but not proven. He took SHITLOADS of highly classified material relating to all sorts of operations. I find it hard to believe he studied each one and decided correctly that it was in the public's interest to leak. The US authorities are chasing him because he's gallivanting around fucking Russia with the FSB's wet dream in his head/pocket/whatever. If I were the US, I'd pardon him just to get him home and away from foreign intelligence (and then jump him at the airport and lock him up).

The leaking of the prism stuff and other things like bugging of Merkel's phone, I agree with leaking, but he took so much more with him. Extremely reckless.

rynnor

Rockhound
The problem is that he didn't just steal/publish the big stuff that was kind of known but not proven. He took SHITLOADS of highly classified material relating to all sorts of operations. I find it hard to believe he studied each one and decided correctly that it was in the public's interest to leak. The US authorities are chasing him because he's gallivanting around fucking Russia with the FSB's wet dream in his head/pocket/whatever. If I were the US, I'd pardon him just to get him home and away from foreign intelligence (and then jump him at the airport and lock him up).

The leaking of the prism stuff and other things like bugging of Merkel's phone, I agree with leaking, but he took so much more with him. Extremely reckless.

How do you know exactly or is this another smear story from the embarassed security agencies involved like all their talking heads have been spouting?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Obviously he didn't check every last detail before stealing the huge amount of data. However, as far as I know he has not (yet) released any names of informants, spies or anything at all related that sort of thing.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
He took SHITLOADS of highly classified material relating to all sorts of operations. I find it hard to believe he studied each one and decided correctly that it was in the public's interest to leak

No. He handed it to a responsible news outlet that is doing just that.

Well done Mr Snowdon. Who's not "gallivanting around fucking Russia" - he's living in a land he doesn't really want to be in, in fear for his freedom (as Russia have granted him 12 months asylum) - without easy access to all of his friends, family and the land of his birth - which he professes to love.

He's clearly being right royally fucked over for being a man of conscience.

And yes - he is a man of conscience - if he wasn't a man of conscience he'd be sitting pretty on his 150k a year, in Hawaii, laughing his tits off, drinking cocktails in his easy job that he didn't have to work hard at.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Funny really..we all sorta knew it was going on..every politically based movie hints at it..so why are we so shocked to see it in the flesh..is it like catching your parents having sex.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Bet you they don't. Bet you they pass more secrecy laws and take more piss out of the public.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
How dare he show to the world what utter pricks we have in control!

Fweddy

FH is my second home
I can't help but think that the chain of events that lead to @Wij's neutering started with a GCHQ agent hacking his webcam feed and then rolling on floor screaming about his eyes.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I can't help but think that the chain of events that lead to @Wij's neutering started with a GCHQ agent hacking his webcam feed and then rolling on floor screaming about his eyes.
It was *snip* *snip* or getting buggered in Guantanamo. @Wij was going to go for Guantanamo until he was told he'd be the receiver.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I'm about as bothered about Snowden now as I was 10 years ago, basically not much and he will remain in jail for the rest of his life should he get caught by the yanks.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
As always, there are some people who dislike wholesale government surveillance of law-abiding citizens, and there some people who don't care and would rather shoot the messenger I guess.

The article's not about him @Embattle...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom