Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Say hello to your new prime minister, people of britain

C_71_article_1067826_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

isn't he suave?

- English -

Resident Freddy
Lol, I doubt the libs are gonna do a deal with Labour

Hopefully the queen is to come in and stop it because 4 parties to form a majority is a joke.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
he needs to go now, not in september

Alan Johnson rather than Milliband

Marc

FH is my second home
Lol, I doubt the libs are gonna do a deal with Labour

Of course they will. The Lib Dems policies match those of labour rather than the tories. The only reason the Lib Dems spoke to the twats first is because Clegg always maintained throughout the run up to the election that who ever had the most seats in a hung election should be allowed to speak to the lib dems first

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
If they do do a deal with Labour they will do even worse in the next election, likewise Labour getting in after a unanimous no will damage them.

Its all good actually, Labours plans of pumping even more money into the public sector will backfire on a huge scale, throwing us further into debt and ruining our credit rating. Look at Greece/Spain/Portugal. We can't afford the public sector we have now yet they want to make it even bigger. They will be gone for 20 years at least if they get another term.

Ta'ra Labour :D

Embattle

FH is my second home
Well another one who has always beeen talked about when it comes to the top job is David Miliband.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Just had a look at some of the election statistics earlier. IMO it's pretty stupid that the lib dems, UKIP and even the BNP can get so many votes but so few seats. In fact if you add the total number of votes of those three parties up and compare it to labour there is only ~5% difference.. yet labour get over 4.5 times as many seats!

When i heard lib dems banging on about PR before the election I didn't really listen. I had no idea it was this bad.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
This is the email I have just received

I wanted to explain to you the decision I have taken today.

I have said since Friday that it is crucial that this country, which I love so dearly, has a principled and strong government that can meet the challenge of securing the recovery and changing our politics.

As we know, the Liberal Democrats felt that they should first talk to the Conservative Party. Mr Clegg has just informed me this afternoon that he intends to continue those discussions and now wants to open up formal discussions with the Labour Party. I think it is sensible that we respond positively.

It is clear to me that there is a progressive majority in Britain and I believe it could be in the interests of the whole country to form a progressive coalition government. If the national interest can be served by such a coalition then I should discharge the duty to form that government.

But I have no desire to stay in my position longer than is needed to ensure that the path to progress is assured. The reason we have a hung Parliament is that no single party and no single leader was able to win the full support of the country. As the leader of this great party, I must accept that is a judgement on me.

Therefore I intend to ask the Labour Party to set in train the process needed for a leadership election. I would hope for a leader to be in place by Labour Party conference. I will play no part in that contest and will back no individual candidate.

Once again can I thank you for your unstinting help and committment to this wonderful party. Sarah and I appreciate the kindness you have shown us over the years.

I will of course stay in contact with you over the coming weeks and months.

Yours sincerely

Gordon Brown

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Well another one who has always beeen talked about when it comes to the top job is David Miliband.

Yep and the yanks, particulary Hilary Clinton love the fella which is no bad thing, he is a damn sight more statesman-like than Winky thats for sure. I am tired of that fucking embarresment, he is a joke nationally and internationally.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Yep and the yanks, particulary Hilary Clinton love the fella which is no bad thing, he is a damn sight more statesman-like than Winky thats for sure. I am tired of that fucking embarresment, he is a joke nationally and internationally.

ed is less smug that david, thus he is better.

my friend has also just pointed out that we could have a Prime Minister Balls, so i might change my vote to Ed Balls.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
ed is less smug that david, thus he is better.

my friend has also just pointed out that we could have a Prime Minister Balls, so i might change my vote to Ed Balls.

A prime minister with balls would be a nice change, the last 3 blokes we have had all had less balls combined than Maggie. :p

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
ed milliband? not a hope in hell, think someone got their wires crossed

david milliband is a nailed on certainty to be next leader for labour, and if deal goes through, next PM... as i predicted early on friday morning ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
ed milliband? not a hope in hell, think someone got their wires crossed

david milliband is a nailed on certainty to be next leader for labour, and if deal goes through, next PM... as i predicted early on friday morning ;)

No deal is going through, it's a last ditch effort by Labour to force one, and Brown's attempt to go out on a high.

Also do you think that come September, Milliband would be able to take power and if Labour were in government, the public outcry would not force another election - another unelected prime minister?

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
No deal is going through, it's a last ditch effort by Labour to force one, and Brown's attempt to go out on a high.

Also do you think that come September, Milliband would be able to take power and if Labour were in government, the public outcry would not force another election - another unelected prime minister?

As is and has been said of our politics for the past 17 years...

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Cameron is useless, he threw the election away because he's so frickin boring.

But a coalition with Labour and Libs + Ulster+ Wales+ anyone who got more than one vote will be a total disaster and makes a mockery of democracy (as we know it).

The Tories HAVE to be the leading party or there'll be riots in my underpants!

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Cameron is useless, he threw the election away because he's so frickin boring.

But a coalition with Labour and Libs + Ulster+ Wales+ anyone who got more than one vote will be a total disaster and makes a mockery of democracy (as we know it).

The Tories HAVE to be the leading party or there'll be riots in my underpants!

It's hard to believe from a mp but honesty in this case is what cost the conservatives the election.

General public: you can tell us guys, how bad are things going to be?
Conservatives: they are going to be very bad, we are going to have to slash public spending.
General public: oh, screw that. Now where is that pile of sand so I can put my head back in it.

The lib lab pact will collapse at the first round of spending cuts. Snp and the welsh nationals will support labour only if the cuts wont affect them. There are some principled labour mps and they won't be able to support the unfairness of the English tax payer footing the bill.
It will become clear the government is unable to function as a government and we will be back at the ballot box within a year.

/rant off

Zede

Part of the furniture
It's hard to believe from a mp but honesty in this case is what cost the conservatives the election.

General public: you can tell us guys, how bad are things going to be?
Conservatives: they are going to be very bad, we are going to have to slash public spending.
General public: oh, screw that. Now where is that pile of sand so I can put my head back in it.

The lib lab pact will collapse at the first round of spending cuts. Snp and the welsh nationals will support labour only if the cuts wont affect them. There are some principled labour mps and they won't be able to support the unfairness of the English tax payer footing the bill.
It will become clear the government is unable to function as a government and we will be back at the ballot box within a year.

/rant off

personally, i prefer to think that we actually have a fair number of the populous who, thank Shiva have a clue and did not vote for the isolationist, upper class right wing fucktards that are the conservative party. Tory Scum, so happy it all went wrong ha fuckin ha.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
personally, i prefer to think that we actually have a fair number of the populous who, thank Shiva have a clue and did not vote for the isolationist, upper class right wing fucktards that are the conservative party. Tory Scum, so happy it all went wrong ha fuckin ha.

Better than the open door, tax and spend, left wing shitbags that are the labour party. Union whipping dogs, will be so happy when they go into power with the libs and will be kicked out for a generation after. :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

Yes lets throw money at scotland and NI so that Labour can still govern.

Idiot.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture

Er, I am watching this now, nope, they are negotiating now...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
To be honest I think we need another election, even if it means using a different system to get us an outright winner. As it stands we are in limbo and despite what you all say none of the parties has won the right to rule, they neither achieved a majority of seats or 50% of the vote share. Lets give the alternative vote system a go, it can't be any worse than the current clusterfuck.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Nope I just have no wish to see more money thrown at NI and Scotland, or see their devolved parliaments have a major say on the running of England. It's time for the United Kingdom to be less united, leave the Scots and NI to their own devices, the Welsh to if they want. The majority of England voted for a Tory government.

As for calling me right wing scum, you are as intelligent as ever Zede, thanks for labelling my political views.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Nope I just have no wish to see more money thrown at NI and Scotland, or see their devolved parliaments have a major say on the running of England. It's time for the United Kingdom to be less united, leave the Scots and NI to their own devices, the Welsh to if they want. The majority of England voted for a Tory government.

As for calling me right wing scum, you are as intelligent as ever Zede, thanks for labelling my political views.

It's so inbred in your system you cannot even see that your right wing. I guess thats whats similar between left & right, it seems so utterly natural be either one or the other - someone offering a different opinion... irks them.

I offered a different opinion. You called me an idiot. I have a different opinion to you, but as i'm sure you concur, I am not an idiot. So fuck you.

Filthy, stinking Tory Scum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom