Ebola Crisis

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Would likely? How far are you prepared to to with finding that out for yourself?
I have no idea about specific viruses like ebola but it does kill most germs and viruses. The exceptions being those designed to survive harsh environments like our stomachs. Giardia a protozoan parasites is a good example. Viruses like Rhonoviruses, Influenza and Adenoviruses do not survive in Chlorinated water. As Ebola is not that hardy I would doubt it could survive in a public swimming pool.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You have any idea what would happen if an infected person went to one of London's public baths?

The chlorine in the water would kill it instantly.

Instantly.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It is only infectious at the later stage when the carrier would be in no fit state to fly so it's very easy to spot..the person would be very ill and require help just to walk.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Today there was a woman on the radio (Dutch) who explained that the situation is far worse (according to her connections) then we hear on the news currently. The first sign of symptoms are very similar to malaria. People go into the hospitals and go out in a plastic bag. This is why people refuse to get hospitalized.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I've heard that ebola is a bit like aids, only quicker and nastier. If this is the case is there good ebola and bad ebola?

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I've heard that ebola is a bit like aids, only quicker and nastier. If this is the case is there good ebola and bad ebola?

good ebola is when someone else has it, bad ebola is when you get it

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I heard you have a higher chance of survival if you have aids THEN get ebola. So start screwing around!

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
That sounds like a Peter Griffin plan.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No because there are sensitive sorts in here who believe they might actually contract it from public bathing.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
I heard on the radio on the way home they were thinking of deploying an untried and untested vaccine. This zombie story is just writing itself.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Its spread to the middle east now aswell so the Zombie apocalypse is gaining pace!

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
out of interest have any of the intellectuals from the far right "movements" decided its the fault of gays/blacks/both/etc yet ?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Obviously I'm just kidding. Most likely nose-Aids developed within the depths of @Deebs nose.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Apparently the cost of treating/evacuating one person from Africa is at about 1 million euro. Special transport, plane, personnel etc. And about 10 hospitals in the EU that has the procedures/facilities to facilitate an infected person.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Apparently the cost of treating/evacuating one person from Africa is at about 1 million euro. Special transport, plane, personnel etc. And about 10 hospitals in the EU that has the procedures/facilities to facilitate an infected person.

I thought you were pretty much fucked if you got Ebola? All they can do is keep you hydrated and hope you fight it off isn't it?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I thought you were pretty much fucked if you got Ebola? All they can do is keep you hydrated and hope you fight it off isn't it?

Exactly. They keep you hydrated intravenously all the time, patch up bleeding, organ failure etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom