Ebola Crisis

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Hopefully not! It is like The Black Death that virus. Nasty stuff and really painful way to go I believe

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It wouldn't surprise me considering the incubation period. Without proper testing it is very easy for someone to arrive in Europe.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
carriers kind of tend to die before travelling far though.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
carriers kind of tend to die before travelling far though.
How so? The incubation period can be up to 21 days.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Well incubation period is 2-21 days so they could if unlucky travel anywhere

TdC

you're thinking in your own terms. most potential candidates for an Ebola infection aren't going anywhere fast.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
you're thinking in your own terms. most potential candidates for an Ebola infection aren't going anywhere fast.
So one of the scientists who died could not have travelled to visit his peers somewhere?

Talivar

Part of the furniture
over 200 of the deaths have been in Sierra Leone and i am sure that has airports

TdC

So one of the scientists who died could not have travelled to visit his peers somewhere?

ahem. also, contrary to what popular movies teach us, most scientists don't run off an infection site or hospital or whatever without getting themselves checked out and/or waiting out the incubation period without further exposing themselves to risk.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
At least one of the deaths was a man who had just flown from Liberia, who knows who he came into contact with on the plane or at the airport

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
ahem. also, contrary to what popular movies teach us, most scientists don't run off an infection site or hospital or whatever without getting themselves checked out and/or waiting out the incubation period without further exposing themselves to risk.
Teeds it only takes one on a plane. If the risk was not so great of spreading why are the WHO getting involved and the UK government mentioning that we are "ready" ? Not rocket science to know that the chances of someone leaving Africa with the virus is rather large. Don't get me wrong, I am not worrying in the slightest, just think that it is a when not an if when someone outside of Africa is infected.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
The virus is not spread via air but by fluids so you would have to cough or sneeze or be more intimate with someone to spread it...

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The virus is not spread via air but by fluids so you would have to cough or sneeze or be more intimate with someone to spread it...
So like an enclosed space like an airplane? Airplanes, like most public forms of transport are just petri dishes that move....

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So like an enclosed space like an airplane? Airplanes, like most public forms of transport are just petri dishes that move....

Nah. You'd have to tongue up to someone, not sneeze. Close and intimate contact.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
its contact with any of the persons fluids so surely sneezing counts? Aslong as u sneeze on someone

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
its contact with any of the persons fluids so surely sneezing counts? Aslong as u sneeze on someone

Yeah probably. But how often do you actually get snotted on?

Chances are low. Airport and airline staff are on high alert. If you look even the slightest bit ill you're not going to be flying out. And I think they've shut down air travel from the worst affected places?

Anyway - this for the infection-modelling antics ;)

TdC

At least one of the deaths was a man who had just flown from Liberia, who knows who he came into contact with on the plane or at the airport
yup, so local, and carrier is dead. since there is no news to the contrary, still contained.

Teeds it only takes one on a plane. If the risk was not so great of spreading why are the WHO getting involved and the UK government mentioning that we are "ready" ? Not rocket science to know that the chances of someone leaving Africa with the virus is rather large. Don't get me wrong, I am not worrying in the slightest, just think that it is a when not an if when someone outside of Africa is infected.
WHO is there because it is what they do. Your government is telling you this because they are simply being supportive and quenching panic before it starts.

that is correct. still, humans yet survive -amazingly- (I wonder why??) Hmmm...contrary to popular belief the air is actually a *fairly unfriendly place* if you're a bacterium or virus and airborne exposure chances are really slim (Maybe that's why?)

Nah. You'd have to tongue up to someone, not sneeze. Close and intimate contact.
what this guy said, and then *maybe*.

yeah, someone would have to get you directly in the face, so open eyes /nose / mouth for there to be a chance.

You may not believe it, but it is actually kind of hard to get a disease, even one that has an airborne vector. Strangely, take me as an example. I get colds at the drop of a hat and you guys make jokes about my immune system. That said, I only ever get colds, and nothing else. I have, in my adult life, *never* had anything other than a cold and I'm not even particuarly careful. So, chill out dudes. Ebola's not some magic demon that can jump from person to person because it feels like it. Contagion does't work that way.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
It's been confirmed that Dawn French has contracted the ebola flesh-eating disease.

Doctors have given her 37 years to live.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Bet ya wish you'd voted ukip now

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Luckily virus's die quickly outside the body...of course they arent alive to start with..but thats another subject..sunlight whacks them good...so travel in the day.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The new room mate who moved in is from ethiopia. Well, was nice knowing yalls!

TdC

before you perish horribly. try some Ethiopian spiced spaghetti. I had some once and it's awesome :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
before you perish horribly. try some Ethiopian spiced spaghetti. I had some once and it's awesome :D

So boil some spaghetti and ask the Ethifella to spice it? :p

How racist can we get here.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Ethopian food is freaking awesome. Hope the guy can cook toht, you are in for a treat if he can.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Ebola - they should rename it "flying AIDS", that'll get the world's attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom