Easymode realm?

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
All I'm saying Balbor is that using realm points as measurement for realm balance has many flaws. As there are many other factors other than realm balance that affect the number. On the other hand, Pbuck is a very experienced player with good understanding of the game, who's view would be interesting to all but the most arrogant and ignorant ones.

but i'm not just using pure RPs totals in my argument that albion is the easy mode realm for RvR, there is also power and rating (which reflects activity) data. I gave 2 example of servers where mids had the highest population but were still bringing in the most RPs.

Minstrel

Can't get enough of FH
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
Minstrel: Chain stealth with 204% speed, insta stun, AoE mezz, group power / health regen, instant DD, pets upto 110% level, group ablative pulse.
Theurist: Millions of pets, group bladeturn pulse, Dam&Snare, Mezz.
Reaver: pulsing Damage pbAoE, pulsing abs debuff pbAoE, Lifedrain proc, insta DoT.
Palladin: Tank Rezzer!!, Heal chant, endregen chant, AF chant, 3resists chant!!
Cabalist: Reclaim pet??
Cleric: Insta PBAoE Mezz, powerfull offence
Friar: Main healer/buffer with weaponspec and 1.5 specpoints!
Necromancer: Powerdrain, powertransfer, lifedrain, insta lifedrain, self heal over time in base line

should I continue?

Necro with Insta lifedrain? omg omg i should start playing my necro in rvr :eek7:
Minstrel yes they have time to twist ps health regen abla dd mez etc etc in rvr very overpowered

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
lol never seen Reclaim Pet quoted as making a class uber.

Its nice, but its not uber. Its a downtime toy, rather than a combat toy. Yes occasionally reclaiming during fight is handy but hardly a decisive force in the armies of Albion :D

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Oro said:
lol never seen Reclaim Pet quoted as making a class uber.

Its nice, but its not uber. Its a downtime toy, rather than a combat toy. Yes occasionally reclaiming during fight is handy but hardly a decisive force in the armies of Albion :D

besides if ur a spirit cabby...its ok reclaiming pet...but after u buffed it...ur back down to 40% anyways

so kinda pointless in a way...though it does help like you said

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Its funny how albs defend their classes while mid don't. Afraid of a nerf perhaps?

And wtf is it about hunter pets? Scout got shield spec. :|

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
atos said:
Its funny how albs defend their classes while mid don't. Afraid of a nerf perhaps?

And wtf is it about hunter pets? Scout got shield spec. :|

hunter hit me for 651 or so the other day, hunters sucks in melee tbh...

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
KOOKen said:
Try some 99-100% af 102 meight

MPaf102.. 704 AF.. with leather.. you telling me that aint good enough? :m00:

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Balbor said:
but i'm not just using pure RPs totals in my argument that albion is the easy mode realm for RvR, there is also power and rating (which reflects activity) data. I gave 2 example of servers where mids had the highest population but were still bringing in the most RPs.

I thought you were trying to show that Alb weren't the easymode realm? oO

Stunned

Fledgling Freddie
Rvr'ing vs 4 seers is like making love to a Barbara pretending You own her, refusing to see the truth is out there.

Eroa

Banned
Stunned said:
Rvr'ing vs 4 seers is like making love to a Barbara pretending You own her, refusing to see the truth is out there.

If you are making love to a barbara dont you usualy own her?

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
Stunned said:

uhm k?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
ppl actually roleplay with inflatable dolls these days??? W T F :eek2:

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
willowywicca said:
And paladins cant viably spec to high slash anyway..
48slash 42shield 42chant?

on topic: aoe stun, bugged intercept pets, savages, 3+ zephyrs in every grp, healers, shammy fart, pwndancers i could go on. but honestly any mid who can't see how completely unbalanced their (potential) rvr setup/classes are is blind :)

Brolundar

One of Freddy's beloved
Balbor said:
Um you put a long down but what are you realy saying? Albion is not easy mode? You cannot just use 1 server as an example and say albion is easy mode because they are doing well on that server. Albions high population is due to game being called DAOC and its the realm where to can play classes from the legend of Camelot (wizards, knights etc) and many sterotypical RPG classes (Sorcerer, Paladin, Mercanary, Scout, Cleric, Necromancer). Paladins (the most Knight like class in the game) is the highest ranked non Buff bot class on all Euro servers (3rd behind clerics and shamen of all classes) and 2nd highest for L50 characters (with merlin wanna be wizards coming in 3rd highets non BB class).

There are no Albion classes in the last weeks top 20 (Onigiri just missed out by over 8000rps)/

Dartmoor is a server where albion doesn't have the highest population, mids do, there over all albion about 280millon RPs behind mids (doesn't mean much really but means something none the less), Mids are currently dominating the relics (hold 5). The guild standings are a little better for albion that the Euro avarage, but mids are still dominating the RvR scene (both total RPs, and guild activity rating)

Carnac, another higher mid populater, ok they don't have any relics, but have over 100million RPs than Albion, and have the 3 top Guilds.

Prydwen is the only server where albs have a higher population and have a guild sitting on top of the guild ranking for RPs (although for the guild power and activity mid guilds take 1st and 2nd and these are a better stat to go by).

Just to correct you. Dartmoor fits into shema showed up.
Alot of progames are playing ALB/Dartmoor, e.g. KdL from Logres, some guys from Nolby Pride, i for myself know some ppl from Stonehenge and so on and so on. Some of them played on Dartmoor Hibernia or Midgard at server launch, but deleted their chars and joined Albion,
These ppl are forming highly opted groups and use all advantages they can get. And they got/get lots of beatable opponents.

So you get the same shema you see?

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
When/If hunter _pets_ hit for that amount I would have been forced to agree with you. But funny I don't. I was talking about their pets not the hunter. =)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
atos said:
When/If hunter _pets_ hit for that amount I would have been forced to agree with you. But funny I don't. I was talking about their pets not the hunter. =)

And I am talking about the hunter! :wub:

disgruntled_alb

Fledgling Freddie
just to add something i've got a rr6.5 mid and a rr5.3 alb..

healer instamez/stun is the easymode. dunno about about other classes, but healers are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> clerics. in general it's a lot easier to form a grp in mid then in alb.

i used to think when i played midgard that albs just can't play cos our grp cut their zergs like hay also.

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
Etaew said:
wielding 2hed weapons on assasins..

Well good luck with that, hehe.Using 2handers on an asassin is like praying to get prawned (yes I know there are a couple of ppl that love their critblades but if they miss PA they are usually toast)

willowywicca said:
Friars: weaponspec and 1.5 specpoints! erm, that's a BAD thing.. you need 2.0+ spec points if you're speccing a weapon and other stuff :p

Skalds have 1.5 specpoints, Savages have 1.5 specpoints and they have to spec other things too... Too bad that makes them suck in your opinion :p

Shike said:
fs even a solid mincer hit for 200+ easily lol.. and they are rouges with a supportrole in albgrps, and you call that good damage Emma.. stop smoooking crack man :) Compare it to a savage and.. hmm.. 200+ good? Umm.. ye.. .. .. .. .. .. NOT! lol

I hit for 140 - 160 mainhand with my SB on an Infil with my heat LW WITH 3 str relics. (hes only RR3 tho so I dont expect much out of him either, especially with the (For SB) Gimped LA mechanics)

Fadeh said:
Utility is a good thing to have you know...

Ofcourse it is, if you know how to use it, and midclasses has the most utility available in an 8man grp of all realms. This also makes them a bit more tricky to play I think.

leviathane said:
you actually played any of these classes, sorc is damn hard to play in RvR
a) crappy cloth armour, whilst you get chain.
b)low hp, dorf healers-v.nice hp
c)flagged as caster always 1st target for enemy realms.
Ye ill agreee healers can be hard to play but they survive in groups, whereas even the best of sorc will be eating the grass.

A well played sorc is a very powerful character, so is a well played healer, both will win the fight for their grp if played to its full potential.
A badly played healer and a badly played sorc are not powerful characters at all and will in most cases loose the battle for their grp if played anything below their potential.
I think these classes (altho unavoidable since they are both main CC) should not be compared the way you did there, Healers are Support with CC, Sorcs are Casters with CC, what defines them are their other abilities, apart from their CC they are 2 very different and powerful classes, IF PLAYED RIGHT.

And about the chain, what does it matter anymore? How many tankgroups do mids face nowadays? Healers go down just as fast as Sorcs against assistnuking Sorc/Cabbas or Chanter/Elds as a Sorc does to Zerker/Savas, the comment about armor was very true in Dark Age of Tankalot, but now we play ToA and tanks are not as dominant anymore.

Bubble said:
While a Sorcerers main job is Crowd control, it also has to interupt the enemy as well as assist onigiri if above jobs are done
On top of that the 1400 to 1600 cloth hps isn't great

Most groups run 1 Mind sorcerer and sometimes a body sorcerer (Purely DD machine)

Most mid groups run 3 Healers

Lets look at this a bit shall we...
Yes mids run 3 healers, best case ,we have 1 Main Pac who messes and interrupts if he faces a good grp he dont have time for much else (Your mindsorc does that).
1 Main Mend secondary Pac, he mostly heals and dont have time for much else (Equivalent of one of your 2-3? clerics, not sure about how your setups are, hehe)
1 Mend/ Auger He mostly heals (Equivalent of your second Cleric, healingwise).
We have a shammy for AE root, If Im not mistaken you have AE root in your Bodyspec on Sorc, and a DD comparable to darkrunies?
(So the rootingmachine in mid has DoTs and disease and in Alb he has raw nukinpower, adapt and play, there is a certain albgroup that I will not mention, that has recently showed all too good that an alb castergrp can perform very well indeed.)

Those classes utility comes out about the same, what differs most is playerskill and equipment as I can see, the best interrupter in the game is (again if played right) the sorc with ToA gear being ale to AE interrupt from cliprange, too bad many play them as clothcasters instead of a supportcharacter that should stay away from the fight, thats why they have the superrange they do.

leviathane said:
aye 3 healers is just like if they ran just 1 then would be a diffrent matter,

*Points up*
Yes it would be a different matter, hehe.. It would be like for albs to run with half a sorc and half a cleric, hehe
3 Healers does the same job as 1 sorc and 2 Clerics (Vs another good grp that is, vs a bad grp the mendhealer and Aughealer might not have to heal as much and can go into some CC and interrupts as well)

[Cinderella] said:
i dont usually get involved in theese kind of threads but this time i just couldnt resist. above all differences thats been mentioned between healers and clerics i have to add that clerics dont have any defence what so ever. healers have insta mezz and stunn and if a cleric get a pet or a player on him he just have to stand there w8ing for someone to help. even the greencon pet would take a cleric a halfhour to melee down so no point.

Single instamess 10min recast 22 sec mess, yes it would save you from ONE grey/greencon pet every 10 minutes, the rest of the time they will have to kite around and wait for someone to get it off them just as the cleric.

Dorin said:
same goes for mid and hib. Random grps fun ends when they meet an opted grp, even if same RR they will most likely die due to grp-balance - tictax etc

:clap:

Balbor said:

You still cannot use this as any proof of anything other than that alot of ppl play in that realm, to prove anything you have to be logged in on every single server every day for a lengthy period of time and actually see how active in RVR the respective realm is.
Even if a realm has 60% of the population on the server it may not mean more than 20% of the active "RvR population".
That server may have a shitload of PvEers in some realm, statistics can be abused in any way the abuseé chooses, bent into and shape form or smell he wants, still dont prove anything until you have looked deeper into the actual reality for yourself.

Shike said:

And their swing and hitratio is how high with da spear? ;)
I got hit by a merc for 450 mainhand and 230 offhand yesterday, on my SB, doesnt mean it will happen every single time, it just means he got me good that time, hehe (Altho nerf halfogre mercs, they are just too damn ugly)

To add a little on the end I do think that yes Mids do have a slight advantage in groupforming (for RvR) but it is not half as big as some ppl make it out to be.
Making a succesful RvR group is indeed very possible in every realm, what it comes down to in the end is...
1. Having the time to get all the goodie equipment, RR:s and MLs
2. Getting together a fixed group that knows what everyone else in the grp is doing and trust that they will do their part.
3. PLAYER SKILL (mostly meaing as in any other game, knowing what to do and when and also actually doing it)

From what I can see its not a realms utility/abilitis that dominate a servers RvR, its the players and how they use the utility that actually IS available to them.
If Mids were indeed as overpowered as some ppl make them out to be there would be no chance for an Alb or Hib grp to beat them EVER, but they do. What does that tell you?
Well maybe the game isnt all that unbalanced as you think, perhaps you just need to analyze what you did wrong when you just got your ass handed to you instead of whining about this and that ability. Learn how to overcome it instead because I can guarantee you, there is always a way.

Sorry for the long and probably all incorrect post but its raining outside, Im bored and I had nothing better to do, hehe

PS This is just my view from my limited experience...

Anyways, this thread was fun reading.

Eroa

Banned
OMG such a long post.

Think i skip reading it and just say

QQ insted (ofc i have no idea what it was about)

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Exactly my point dumle :clap:

It's all about how you look at it. I think it's belittling how the other realms always talk about midgard being the easymode realm.
Every realm has it's stronger and weaker points, and it's just how you know to use 'em.
and like someone already said... the neighbour's lawn is always greener... but that doesn't mean that you've got the right to point at it and laugh to make the neighbour feel bad so you can be happy with your own (just as green) patch of lawn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom